Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Opening odds
Bookmark and Share
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
Opening odds
NIU opens at -2 over Miami/Ohio. Toledo opens at -1 over Ball State.
More parity in the MAC this year, especially in the west Anybody could take it this year.
I thought the Golden Turds were the favorites but the way they wet the bed at BGSU that's probably not the case.
10-13-2019 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: Opening odds
Take NIU/Toledo in a parlay and hammer it hard.
10-13-2019 02:15 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(10-13-2019 02:15 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Take NIU/Toledo in a parlay and hammer it hard.

I concur
10-13-2019 02:15 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Take NIU/Toledo in a parlay and hammer it hard.

I agree. Toledo's going to be PISSED after getting Whipped by a dilapidated BGSU rival team, and take it out on BSU like a red-headed step child. Winning by 1.5pts (as it stands now, Tuesday will have the 'real' odds settled in) won't be the case, unless Toledo somehow free-falls, which I cannot see happening. They have a good coach.

NIU may ride a little high off their comeback win, but it could very well mean they've corrected some things and some juice flowing in their veins now. Miami-OH's QB is not good. He showed why he was recruited with some good passes on Saturday, but he's still learning -- and their O is NOT good. Their D's pretty decent, but NIU won't at all be hurrying up for points during the game at all. I can only see Miami's mental/emotional POV at this point being on the downside. Will be a relatively low scoring game, but I say NIU wins this by 6 (or more).
10-13-2019 02:29 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Our success the rest of this season will largely depend on when and if we get some of the missing players on our depleted defense back and if they can play effectively while recovering. If AJD cannot come back I fear that we are in for a long tough slog.
10-13-2019 02:47 PM
JB04 Offline
1st String

(10-13-2019 02:15 PM)7 Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 02:15 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Take NIU/Toledo in a parlay and hammer it hard.

I concur

I agree too, though if I had an online account I would have bet on EMU over Ball state last weekend. That surprised me
10-13-2019 03:21 PM
Advertisement

JB04 Offline
1st String

(10-13-2019 02:47 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  Our success the rest of this season will largely depend on when and if we get some of the missing players on our depleted defense back and if they can play effectively while recovering. If AJD cannot come back I fear that we are in for a long tough slog.

If AJD is only out a couple of weeks these are the best two on the schedule to be out. Dang I hope he is better quick!!!
10-13-2019 03:23 PM
MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

(10-13-2019 02:29 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  
Quote:Take NIU/Toledo in a parlay and hammer it hard.

I agree. Toledo's going to be PISSED after getting Whipped by a dilapidated BGSU rival team, and take it out on BSU like a red-headed step child. Winning by 1.5pts (as it stands now, Tuesday will have the 'real' odds settled in) won't be the case, unless Toledo somehow free-falls, which I cannot see happening. They have a good coach.

NIU may ride a little high off their comeback win, but it could very well mean they've corrected some things and some juice flowing in their veins now. Miami-OH's QB is not good. He showed why he was recruited with some good passes on Saturday, but he's still learning -- and their O is NOT good. Their D's pretty decent, but NIU won't at all be hurrying up for points during the game at all. I can only see Miami's mental/emotional POV at this point being on the downside. Will be a relatively low scoring game, but I say NIU wins this by 6 (or more).

I think the NIU offense has found it's identity. The game against Ohio (second half) was like watching a Harnish/Lynch offense. You KNEW they were going to move the ball, the only question was TD or field goal. Awesome to see some MACtion again. NIU hadn't scored that many points since 2017 (against BSU)

Let's hope that the game against Ohio was not the outlier, that the game against BSU was.
10-13-2019 03:49 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
NIU -2 , I'm sorry but a person would be crazy to take NIU at that line
10-13-2019 04:37 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2019 04:37 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  NIU -2 , I'm sorry but a person would be crazy to take NIU at that line

Yeah I’m not biting.
Need a bit more than a walkoff field goal. And then there’s the additional injuries.

I’m in on the Toledo over BSU though.
10-13-2019 05:44 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(10-13-2019 05:44 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 04:37 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  NIU -2 , I'm sorry but a person would be crazy to take NIU at that line

Yeah I’m not biting.
Need a bit more than a walkoff field goal. And then there’s the additional injuries.

Im guessing it moves and ends up at Miami -1. Honestly I thought this line would come out more like NIU +5.

Is Toledo's QB good to go for this game? I dont think Toledo will have trouble if he plays, if its their backup, Id be afraid to go with Toledo
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 06:01 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
10-13-2019 06:01 PM
Advertisement

NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer
Moving in NIU's direction, currently at NIU -2.5
10-13-2019 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Trekker41 Offline
Bench Warmer

Opening odds
Not sure the status of Miami's QB but he took a vicious hit and had to leave the game in the 4th Quarter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10-13-2019 06:03 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2019 06:01 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 05:44 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  

Yeah I’m not biting.

Im guessing it moves and ends up at Miami -1. Honestly I thought this line would come out more like NIU +5.

Is Toledo's QB good to go for this game? I dont think Toledo will have trouble if he plays, if its their backup, Id be afraid to go with Toledo

Totally forgot about their QB getting hurt.
Maybe one of our fine Toledo board lurkers will update us with what they know.
10-13-2019 07:19 PM
Huskiepower2003 Offline
Special Teams

You were very negative about our chances against Ohio.

You said that it would be a major upset...

.....that NIU FB was short on talent!!

You were incorrect in all your assessments.

I do agree that Toledo will likely beat Ball State University!
Should Ball State win, it will be the first time in many years that they have beaten both NIU and Toledo.

Give Thomas Hammock and the team some recognition.
They have improved greatly and should continue to do so.

This team is very unlikely to go 2-10 this year.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 08:17 PM by Huskiepower2003.)
10-13-2019 08:13 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(10-13-2019 08:13 PM)Huskiepower2003 Wrote:  

Should Ball State win, it will be the first time in many years that they have beaten both NIU and Toledo.

It was a great win! Well not great from so many injuries and how ugly the defense was at times, but the resolve to come back given all the injuries was a very good sign. My only point is, no way in heck Id put money down on NIU with the line at NIU -2. I am surprised the line opened there.
10-13-2019 09:37 PM
Advertisement

Huskiepower2003 Offline
Special Teams

(10-13-2019 09:37 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

It was a great win! Well not great from so many injuries and how ugly the defense was at times, but the resolve to come back given all the injuries was a very good sign. My only point is, no way in heck Id put money down on NIU with the line at NIU -2. I am surprised the line opened there.

At what line would you bet on NIU?
10-13-2019 11:54 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(10-13-2019 11:54 PM)Huskiepower2003 Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 09:37 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

At what line would you bet on NIU?

Honestly I'd have to have Miami -4 before I'd consider. I think in terms of betting the NIU/Miami game and the BSU/Toledo game are ones to stay clear of, tough to say whats going to happen in either of those given the fluid injury situation.
10-14-2019 01:25 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

If Miami runs the option, I'm staying away from it. No guarantee our offense is going to be on fire like it was in the second half. And our defense has shown it has no clue against the option. If I'm Miami, I'm practicing that all week...
10-14-2019 07:41 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2019 07:41 AM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  If Miami runs the option, I'm staying away from it. No guarantee our offense is going to be on fire like it was in the second half. And our defense has shown it has no clue against the option. If I'm Miami, I'm practicing that all week...

Yep....Be glad we’re not playing Army this year.
10-14-2019 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.