SOS
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
SOS
App St, EMU, Ohio U, and now BGSUX.

Inability to stop a running QB
Inability to convert short yardage situations(less than 3yds) on the ground.
Inability to pick up blitzes.
Giving up big plays in 3rd and long, etc.

It's not the loss to BGSUX, but it's a continual pattern of these types of losses that is doing damage to the program. Watch out for drop in attendance$$$.
Some changes need to be made.
10-13-2019 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
RE: SOS
(10-13-2019 08:34 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  App St, EMU, Ohio U, and now BGSUX.

It's not the loss to BGSUX, but it's a continual pattern of these types of losses that is doing damage to the program. Watch out for drop in attendance$$$.

Agreed !!!
The GB will definitely see a significant drop in attendance ...
15-20,000 tops the rest of the season... The long term negative ramifications of this game will definitely hurt the Rocket programs future in regards to - perception / recruiting / donor $$$ / fan attendance ...
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 10:58 AM by FMRocket.)
10-13-2019 10:31 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Boca Rocket declaring an emergency. 03-lmfao
10-13-2019 10:50 AM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Don’t forget NIU. And WMU in 2016. Not being able to stop QB run had been a staple
Of Candle teams. he obviously refuse: to recognize it is big a problem in the off-season because it never improves. It literally is just a couple plays. You would think they would do what ever they can from a scheme standpoint in the offseason to stop the QB run. It has been the main reason we have only 1 MACC in the Candle years. We don’t win MACC in 17 if OU doesn’t lose a fluke game to Akron. Too Much talent wasted in this program.
10-13-2019 12:15 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
(10-13-2019 10:31 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  

Agreed !!!
15-20,000 tops the rest of the season... The long term negative ramifications of this game will definitely hurt the Rocket programs future in regards to - perception / recruiting / donor $$$ / fan attendance ...

Little overreaction on the long term negative ramifications, as long as team continues with winning season records, is in position to get into MACC game, attends a bowl, and continues to get TV games, recruiting will continue to be among top in MAC, attendance will continue as has in recent years, it would take back to back losing seasons to have the kind of impacts you foresee. Let's remember UT held a 9 game winning streak, won a MACC in 2017, continues to send players to NFL, gets bowl bids, leads the MACC in attendance and ranks among top in MAC recruiting. Yes it was a bad loss, but its one game, lets see how rest of the season and next plays out before the doom and gloom predictions. We heard same "predictions" following recent bad bowl losses, but is there any evidence they had impacts on attendance, recruiting, donor $$$ etc....????
10-13-2019 12:31 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
“There’s things we have to address and we have to fix.”

That’s a quote from Coach Candle. That’s a quote I’d expect to hear after the first 3 games, maybe even 4. But if you have to say that at the half-way point of the season, after your team was owned by your rival, then I think the “things” he’s talking about have been there all season, and we’ve had a bunch of good fortune shining on us. Keep in mind the Colorado State, BYU and Western wins all basically came down to a final play, and could have been coin tosses.
10-13-2019 12:37 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-13-2019 10:50 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Boca Rocket declaring an emergency. 03-lmfao

I kept my mouth shut and watched the program go into dumper last time around. I told myself that I would never let that happen again without speaking
up right away. Been a Rocket fan way too long and
seen what it has taken to get to this point.
10-13-2019 12:39 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(10-13-2019 12:31 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 10:31 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  

Agreed !!!

Little overreaction on the long term negative ramifications, as long as team continues with winning season records, is in position to get into MACC game, attends a bowl, and continues to get TV games, recruiting will continue to be among top in MAC, attendance will continue as has in recent years, it would take back to back losing seasons to have the kind of impacts you foresee. Let's remember UT held a 9 game winning streak, won a MACC in 2017, continues to send players to NFL, gets bowl bids, leads the MACC in attendance and ranks among top in MAC recruiting. Yes it was a bad loss, but its one game, lets see how rest of the season and next plays out before the doom and gloom predictions. We heard same "predictions" following recent bad bowl losses, but is there any evidence they had impacts on attendance, recruiting, donor $$$ etc....????

On second thought you are probably right !!
Just not a level headed reaction on my part after Saturdays loss...
The time to move forward in a positive manner is our support and a win in Muncie this weekend... Definitely going !! 04-cheers
10-13-2019 12:39 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-13-2019 12:39 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 10:50 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Boca Rocket declaring an emergency. 03-lmfao

I kept my mouth shut and watched the program go into dumper last time around. I told myself that I would never let that happen again without speaking

I hear ya. (I wasn't ridiculing the SOS.) After going 4-1, no way did I think he would get his butt handed to him by a 1-4 MAC team. 03-no
10-13-2019 01:08 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

Agree with Boca that this is a BAD loss but I'm in the "let's just take a breath" camp and see what happens next...

* Remember that we had beaten BGSUX 9 times prior to yesterday...that had to end at some point, right? (I know UM vs. OSU)
* BG has won the MACC/MAC East 3 times during this streak!!! Do you think they worried about losing to us those years?
* We have gone to Ball St on many occasions and lost as prohibitive favorites (Those are some of our worst losses, IMHO)
* We can still win it all in the MAC and a bowl game and have a real good season (Note: Depends on QB injuries)

Yes this was bad, bad loss but we can win on Saturday and get this thing back on track! We owe this team and staff the chance to prove our concerns wrong and celebrate another MACC.
Go Rockets!
10-13-2019 06:08 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-13-2019 06:08 PM)rocket 51 Wrote:  Agree with Boca that this is a BAD loss but I'm in the "let's just take a breath" camp and see what happens next...

* Remember that we had beaten BGSUX 9 times prior to yesterday...that had to end at some point, right? (I know UM vs. OSU)
* BG has won the MACC/MAC East 3 times during this streak!!! Do you think they worried about losing to us those years?
* We have gone to Ball St on many occasions and lost as prohibitive favorites (Those are some of our worst losses, IMHO)
* We can still win it all in the MAC and a bowl game and have a real good season (Note: Depends on QB injuries)

Yes this was bad, bad loss but we can win on Saturday and get this thing back on track! We owe this team and staff the chance to prove our concerns wrong and celebrate another MACC.
Go Rockets!

Another 7 win season and some changes need to be
made.

Scoring Offense:
#34 WMU 35.4
#55(FCS) Murray St 28.1
#63 Colorado St 29.0
#99 Kentucky 23.5
#105 BYU 22.3
#127 BGSUX 15.5

UT:
First Down Defense #96
Rushing Defense #87 5.03 ypa
10-13-2019 06:27 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Defense held BYU & WMU under their scoring averages. Kentucky's offense has imploded since they lost their starting QB, as the replacement has been terrible. CSU's WRs which killed us missed 2 games both with injuries, and they benched their stud RB for one of those games due to fumble problems. Take away those 2 games and CSU is averaging in the mid-to-hi 30s.

Anyway, defense was not even remotely the problem with the BG game. Yeah they game up a lot of yards and BG scored a few more points than they have been, but that would not have even been an issue if the other parts of the team played a decent game.

UT left 13 points on the field with 2 missed FGs and a fumble inside the 10. The running game that was averaging 260 yards per game, suddenly could barely put up 100. The blocked punt was a coaching blunder IMO, as they left the speed outside rusher completely unblocked - even I saw that pre-snap and said oh-oh to myself. Let's not even talk about the two screwed up KRs and the 5-16 3rd down conversion percentage. The only good stat on the whole board was 2 penalties for 10 yards.
10-13-2019 07:15 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

Let's see the season play out before making judgements. Complaining at this point doesn't do anything.
10-13-2019 08:14 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-13-2019 08:14 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  

Let's see the season play out before making judgements. Complaining at this point doesn't do anything.

Rockets just got their clocks cleaned by one of the
worst teams in FBS. It's not like they lost to a mediocre G5 program or it was even close. It was an embarrassing butt whipping. There are some real issues to be addressed.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 08:55 PM by Boca Rocket.)
10-13-2019 08:54 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Just 1 game, I looked at time of possessions for BGSU offense against the fighting Irish. They did well, about splitting the time with ND. The problem there they just couldn't put points on the board after sustaining drives.
10-13-2019 09:25 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(10-13-2019 08:54 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

worst teams in FBS. It's not like they lost to a mediocre G5 program or it was even close. It was an embarrassing butt whipping. There are some real issues to be addressed.

Welcome to the dark side. We could use the company...lol
10-13-2019 10:03 PM
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

SOS
I am so glad I had to miss this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-14-2019 07:49 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(10-13-2019 08:54 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Lets see how rest of 2019 season plays out before labeling BGSU in that manner, but agree UT has many issues to be addressed, also before laying judgment on their coaches, players and season we should let the season continue. There will be plenty of time to make assessments and criticisms after the season ends in whatever result that may be.
10-14-2019 08:23 AM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(10-13-2019 07:15 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Defense held BYU & WMU under their scoring averages. Kentucky's offense has imploded since they lost their starting QB, as the replacement has been terrible. CSU's WRs which killed us missed 2 games both with injuries, and they benched their stud RB for one of those games due to fumble problems. Take away those 2 games and CSU is averaging in the mid-to-hi 30s.

Anyway, defense was not even remotely the problem with the BG game. Yeah they game up a lot of yards and BG scored a few more points than they have been, but that would not have even been an issue if the other parts of the team played a decent game.

UT left 13 points on the field with 2 missed FGs and a fumble inside the 10. The running game that was averaging 260 yards per game, suddenly could barely put up 100. The blocked punt was a coaching blunder IMO, as they left the speed outside rusher completely unblocked - even I saw that pre-snap and said oh-oh to myself. Let's not even talk about the two screwed up KRs and the 5-16 3rd down conversion percentage. The only good stat on the whole board was 2 penalties for 10 yards.

Sadly the defense was the best of the 3 phases in this game. I would give the Offense an F, Special teams an F, Coaching ( preparation and adjustments) an F, and the Defense a D+. I think the obvious concern with the D is that they have consistent problems in the same areas year after year, especially defending the QB run or keeping outside leverage on the out side run, gap control etc.. Linebacking play has been very poor, though I think a bit better this year. I think our secondary is our only real strength this year on D. Need to scheme better in all areas of the run game. It won't happen though because it is apparent the Defensive staff obviously has not done any homework in every offseason fixing the problem.
10-14-2019 09:08 AM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Rushing defense is giving up about the same number of yards as last year, and is ranked 4th in the MAC
Passing defense is giving up 30 yards more per game than last year and is ranked 12th in the MAC, again - despite all the PBUs the team has been racking up.
Scoring defense is allowing 7 points less per game than last year and is 1st in the MAC. Last years scoring D was ranking 8th in the MAC.

Scoring offense is down 11 points per game from last year and yet still 3rd in the MAC (just goes to show how many points UT put up last year.)
Rushing offense is 1st in the MAC and 12th nationally - despite the terrible showing against BG.
Passing offense is 7th in the MAC and 85th nationally
10-14-2019 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.