Nothing about that was indisputable.
10-12-2019 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

steves Offline
All American

I Root For: DA'TIGS'
RE: The Philly screw job.
Nothing ... We were robbed. That's why you can't play it this close. So we got beat ... And screwed.
10-12-2019 02:35 PM
TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
The ball hit the ground. You can see it on the last replay. I screamed and screamed because I was pissed but the nose of the football hit the ground.

Plus we should have never been in the position to lose the football game anyway.
10-12-2019 02:38 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(10-12-2019 02:38 PM)TigerTim Wrote:  The ball hit the ground. You can see it on the last replay. I screamed and screamed because I was pissed but the nose of the football hit the ground.

Plus we should have never been in the position to lose the football game anyway.

I never saw it hit...I thought the ball was sitting on his arm
10-12-2019 02:40 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(10-12-2019 02:38 PM)TigerTim Wrote:  The ball hit the ground. You can see it on the last replay. I screamed and screamed because I was pissed but the nose of the football hit the ground.

yeah, I saw it on the very last replay they showed. Ball definitely hit the ground. Sucks to be a Memphis Tiger fan today.
10-12-2019 02:41 PM
TylerTiger Offline
The Fountainhead

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-12-2019 02:41 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

yeah, I saw it on the very last replay they showed. Ball definitely hit the ground. Sucks to be a Memphis Tiger fan today.

I watched that same replay and I did not see it hit the ground at all. Maybe if you can screenshot the moment, that would be nice.
10-12-2019 02:43 PM
Advertisement

sherekhan Offline
Special Teams

That was a catch, we should have had a chance to go for the winning FG. The ball bobbled off his body, but it never hit the ground.
10-12-2019 02:44 PM
Trapper John Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
it looked like his dark shoulder pad hits the ground. If that's the nose that hits the ground then how does it also end up down near his crotch at basically the same time? And don't give me the "we did it to ourselves" crap. We put ourselves in a position to win, and the refs, not Temple, took it away from us.
10-12-2019 02:48 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(10-12-2019 02:48 PM)Trapper John Wrote:  it looked like his dark shoulder pad hits the ground. If that's the nose that hits the ground then how does it also end up down near his crotch at basically the same time? And don't give me the "we did it to ourselves" crap. We put ourselves in a position to win, and the refs, not Temple, took it away from us.

Because a football will bounce. In this case, it bounced from the ground to his crotch in about a 1/4 of a second. I didn't want to believe it, until I saw the slowed down tweeted GIF, I didn't believe it. But it did.
10-12-2019 02:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sherekhan Offline
Special Teams

(10-12-2019 02:51 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(10-12-2019 02:48 PM)Trapper John Wrote:  it looked like his dark shoulder pad hits the ground. If that's the nose that hits the ground then how does it also end up down near his crotch at basically the same time? And don't give me the "we did it to ourselves" crap. We put ourselves in a position to win, and the refs, not Temple, took it away from us.

Because a football will bounce. In this case, it bounced from the ground to his crotch in about a 1/4 of a second. I didn't want to believe it, until I saw the slowed down tweeted GIF, I didn't believe it. But it did.

Can you post the tweet?
10-12-2019 02:55 PM
MtownTigers916 Online
Tiger PhD

Still haven’t seen it hit the ground— from any angle. The jumbo tron angle was a shadow.
10-12-2019 02:58 PM
Advertisement

oakland steve Offline
All American

I Root For:
Ball hit the ground.

Joey was wide open though if brady had any arm strength joey never needs to dive and instead catches it on the run.
10-12-2019 03:02 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(10-12-2019 02:55 PM)sherekhan Wrote:  

Can you post the tweet?

In NO WAY do I think this was enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field, but watching this, you know what happened...

https://mobile.twitter.com/TimTimothy69/...um=ios_app
10-12-2019 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
passat25 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Those crooked ass officials screwed us up... Ball NEVER hit the ground.. Period.
10-12-2019 03:06 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
(10-12-2019 03:02 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

Can you post the tweet?

In NO WAY do I think this was enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field, but watching this, you know what happened...

I watched it about 10x and it is inconclusive. I can't believe they overturned the ruling on the field.
10-12-2019 03:06 PM
MtownTigers916 Online
Tiger PhD

Can you post the tweet?

Never hits the turf
10-12-2019 03:07 PM
Advertisement

Eagle4Christ Offline
Thread killer

The Philly screw job.
No, I don't. There are two possible things that happened there:

1) The nose of the ball touched the ground and knocked it out of his grasp (incomplete)

2) The ball didn't touch the ground, but pushed his arm back against his chest, forcing the ball out of his grasp, and he recovered before it touched the ground again (complete)

If that shadow was not there, I would be able to discern whether or not the nose of the ball hit the ground. But with that view, I can't tell for certain what is ball and what is shadow.

I remain unconvinced.

I am convinced we would have won with one fewer turnover, so there's that...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
10-12-2019 03:09 PM
Tigerbrother
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

It looks to me that his body is down, his shoulder is down, and after his body makes full contact with the ground, the ground pushes the ball up. He appears down before bobbling it.

I know I'm biased, but can't believe that I would have over turned this if it had been ewe tee or the cotton eared land sharks.

Can you post the tweet?

10-12-2019 03:11 PM
Quote this message in a reply
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
to overturn that call based on a replay that was NOT indisputable, plus was not provided by the network feed, but instead a Temple stadium camera, was absurd

I really want to hear / read what Norvell says about it. AAC officials too.
10-12-2019 03:13 PM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

If you think that is indisputable video evidence you are weak minded.

There are several other explanations for the ball movement.

This referee should not be allowed to ref another game past high school for a year at least
10-12-2019 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.