Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Media for Tomorrow's Game
Bookmark and Share
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Media for Tomorrow's Game
Looks like the game against Ohio is not on Chicago radio (AM 560) - at least it's not indicated on the NIU football web page. It's just the DeKalb area radio stations and ESPN+.

As I will be enjoying a day in Michigan tomorrow, this saves me the grief of listening to the game on radio. I will not watch ESPN+ on my phone or check the score because I want to enjoy a pleasant fall day in the beauty of Michigan. I shall leave the heart attacks to you guys.
10-11-2019 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Huskiepower2003 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
RE: Media for Tomorrow's Game
(10-11-2019 12:35 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Looks like the game against Ohio is not on Chicago radio (AM 560) - at least it's not indicated on the NIU football web page. It's just the DeKalb area radio stations and ESPN+.

As I will be enjoying a day in Michigan tomorrow, this saves me the grief of listening to the game on radio. I will not watch ESPN+ on my phone or check the score because I want to enjoy a pleasant fall day in the beauty of Michigan. I shall leave the heart attacks to you guys.

Thanks for the information and enjoy the game.
10-11-2019 12:39 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-11-2019 12:39 PM)Huskiepower2003 Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 12:35 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Looks like the game against Ohio is not on Chicago radio (AM 560) - at least it's not indicated on the NIU football web page. It's just the DeKalb area radio stations and ESPN+.

smh
10-11-2019 01:21 PM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
(10-11-2019 01:21 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

smh
Dog Fan, I will doing the same from Yellowstone, fly fishing in the snow. Was -4 this morning, winter is almost here you Huskies. BTW, I really hate logging and seeing the Fire Hammock Thread, I know its a joke, but it sucks seeing that. Hammock will have us going in the right direction, just needs time. Faith and Whiskey works well!
10-11-2019 03:00 PM
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Last week I was visiting my daughter in Washington D.C. and I missed hearing or watching the game, something that has not happened in the past 15 years and I suppose in hindsight that it was a good game to miss. Dog Fan, I often listen to the game on Tune In when I travel which does work very well as long as you can get an internet connection and it is fun to occasionally listen to a game rather than watch it.

I am not quite as negative(YET) on our coaches or our team. Reading about last week's game we seemed to be bit by some unfortunate mistakes some of which were weather related and others a lack of discipline. That eventually happens to every team. What will be interesting to see is if our coaches help our student athletes play progressively better, with fewer mistakes and fewer dumb penalties as the year progresses. If we see steady improvement it will bode well for future seasons. If we descend into progressively worse play I will be disappointed and concerned about the future.

Either way football is a game and it is supposed to be fun so I will try to keep whatever happens in perspective.
10-11-2019 03:19 PM
sportsfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The game IS ON in Chicago at 560 AM.
10-11-2019 03:25 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-11-2019 03:25 PM)sportsfan Wrote:  

Would you kindly let Athletics know? And perhaps the newspapers, too?
10-11-2019 03:34 PM
Advertisement

niu1980 Offline
2nd String

(10-11-2019 03:34 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Just checked NIUHuskies.com and 560 is listed.
10-11-2019 03:43 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-11-2019 03:43 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 03:34 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Just checked NIUHuskies.com and 560 is listed.

Check the football schedule page.
10-11-2019 03:50 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

There's always TuneIn radio.
10-11-2019 04:18 PM
Advertisement

chihuskie Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2019 03:00 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 01:21 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

smh
Dog Fan, I will doing the same from Yellowstone, fly fishing in the snow. Was -4 this morning, winter is almost here you Huskies. BTW, I really hate logging and seeing the Fire Hammock Thread, I know its a joke, but it sucks seeing that. Hammock will have us going in the right direction, just needs time. Faith and Whiskey works well!

+1
10-11-2019 04:53 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
+1+1. Some of us tried to put the brakes on it when others seemed to take it seriously. Didn't work. Also, curious this week no one started an Ohio game thread, when last few weeks there was a rush to see who got there first. Has hope and faith faded so quickly?
10-11-2019 06:59 PM
Huskiepower2003 Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2019 06:59 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  +1+1. Some of us tried to put the brakes on it when others seemed to take it seriously. Didn't work. Also, curious this week no one started an Ohio game thread, when last few weeks there was a rush to see who got there first. Has hope and faith faded so quickly?

I still have both hope and faith in this team.
The past is behind us.
Time to win again in the MAC. We have been very good at that.
10-11-2019 07:26 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(10-11-2019 07:26 PM)Huskiepower2003 Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 06:59 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  +1+1. Some of us tried to put the brakes on it when others seemed to take it seriously. Didn't work. Also, curious this week no one started an Ohio game thread, when last few weeks there was a rush to see who got there first. Has hope and faith faded so quickly?

The past is behind us.

It would be a huge upset if NIU managed to get this one
10-11-2019 07:52 PM
Huskiepower2003 Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2019 07:52 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(10-11-2019 07:26 PM)Huskiepower2003 Wrote:  

The past is behind us.

It would be a huge upset if NIU managed to get this one

How huge?
Where is the 2-3 Ohio rated in Massey's?

Ok - NIU is 117

Ball State U 113
Vanderbuilt 112
Buffalo. 109
Central Mich 100
Eastern Mich 98
Ohio. 96
Nebraska 55
Utah. 26

I think NIU is capable of such a stunning upset!!!!

Beating the 96th ranked team is possible and if we clean up our mistakes maybe probable.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 08:42 PM by Huskiepower2003.)
10-11-2019 08:31 PM
NILAW Offline

Last and this week I am in the Philippines. Since I am 13 hours ahead the games start at 3:30 Sunday morning for me! I got up to listen to the Ball State game (ESPN+ is not available here), as I thought the team would play well. I was pretty surly getting up that early to listen to the Huskies implode and make mistake after mistake! I have not decided if I will get up at 3:30 am again.
10-12-2019 02:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.