Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looks like GCU had a festive Midnight Madness....
Bookmark and Share
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

I Root For: NMSU
Looks like GCU had a festive Midnight Madness....
I have to admit, the Havoc support their Lopes...

In the meantime, quietly Jans is getting the 9 times WAC Tournament Championship Aggies ready.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019 05:52 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
10-06-2019 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
RE: Looks like GCU had a festive Midnight Madness....
That looks awesome. Well done GCU
10-07-2019 04:48 PM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

GCU received two verbal commitments shortly after their Midnight Madness... Liam Lloyd, 6'4, guard, (Gonzaga Prep School), Spokane, WA and Walter Urbina, 6'7, forward, (City College of San Francisco), Clovis, CA. So, I guess these two recruits were awed by the festivities.
10-07-2019 06:19 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
I feel like that Eddie Murphy Ritz cracker bit from "Raw". At this point, GCU Midnight Madness is just a regular old cracker.
10-07-2019 06:21 PM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

(10-07-2019 06:21 PM)gleadley Wrote:  I feel like that Eddie Murphy Ritz cracker bit from "Raw". At this point, GCU Midnight Madness is just a regular old cracker.

So to translate, you are saying you are not buying into the pre-season hype in October until the Lopes take home the gold in March. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019 06:28 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
10-07-2019 06:27 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(10-07-2019 06:27 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  
(10-07-2019 06:21 PM)gleadley Wrote:  I feel like that Eddie Murphy Ritz cracker bit from "Raw". At this point, GCU Midnight Madness is just a regular old cracker.

So to translate, you are saying you are not buying into the pre-season hype in October until the Lopes take home the gold in March. 07-coffee3

Hype is good when hype is all you have to sell.
10-07-2019 06:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU

Not exactly. Hope springs eternal for all schools and fan bases in October. I'm just as hopeful as the next fan that their team has a great season ahead. I've just attended or seen GCU's Midnight Madness festivities since they began with Disco Dan once upon a time ago. I get that it's an impressive spectacle to behold for someone who has never seen it, but the novelty of Midnight Madness has worn off for me. Admittedly, I am also a couple decades older than the target demographic that organizers are trying to attract/impress. It's hell getting old. Haha
10-07-2019 10:54 PM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

(10-07-2019 10:54 PM)gleadley Wrote:  

Not exactly. Hope springs eternal for all schools and fan bases in October. I'm just as hopeful as the next fan that their team has a great season ahead. I've just attended or seen GCU's Midnight Madness festivities since they began with Disco Dan once upon a time ago. I get that it's an impressive spectacle to behold for someone who has never seen it, but the novelty of Midnight Madness has worn off for me. Admittedly, I am also a couple decades older than the target demographic that organizers are trying to attract/impress. It's hell getting old. Haha

Back in the 1990's when I went to college, NMSU also conducted Midnight Madness; back when it was actually the "official" start of college basketball season and it was the first practice/scrimmage starting after midnight. Back then NMSU would get around 2,000 fans to come out for the late night event. The students would wear their PJs. This was big during the McCarthy era. However, shortly after Lou Henson took over, he nixed Midnight Madness. He felt it was pointless and he could make better use of his first practice having his players get up the first morning bright and early for a real practice with few distractions. Also, keep in mind, Henson was nearly 70 years old (at the time) and was all business (old school). So, Midnight Madness pretty much died at NMSU then. When I was a student, during the McCarthy era, most Aggie scrimmages prior to the season were open to the public. After Henson took over for his 2nd tenure, all scrimmages were closed to the general population. Now days, most Aggie fans just wait until the season starts to get a look at the new players.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019 05:30 AM by NMSUPistolPete.)
10-08-2019 12:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.