Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Midnight Madness Thread
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Midnight Madness Thread
Had a hell of a time at football game, but couldn't make it to the roundball tipoff. What is going on? How does everyone look? Who is hurt?

10-04-2019 11:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
RE: Midnight Madness Thread
(10-04-2019 11:48 PM)jarr Wrote:  Had a hell of a time at football game, but couldn't make it to the roundball tipoff. What is going on? How does everyone look? Who is hurt?

An unfortunately pertinent question:

John Brannen: Jarron Cumberland yet to practice with Cincinnati Bearcats basketball

He's out "due to the same recurring foot issue he played through last season" and there apparently is no timetable for when he will participate. Also:

Quote:Junior guard Trevor Moore will miss at least six weeks with, "an Achilles issue."

Freshman point guard Jeremiah Davenport is out until at least December after having knee surgery, and redshirt freshman forward Prince Toyambi is out indefinitely (undisclosed).

"We're making it. We've had to do some 4-on-4 stuff and had to get creative in some of our half-court and full-court competitive stuff."

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 11:57 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
10-04-2019 11:56 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Depth of our rotation may resemble SMU’s the past couple years.

10-05-2019 12:05 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2019 12:05 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Depth of our rotation may resemble SMU’s the past couple years.

We are a deep enough team to overcome some attrition. However the Cumberland injury is the main one to keep an eye on. I wouldn't let him play till he is 100%, rather have him fresh in February/March.

10-05-2019 12:14 AM
dbernie41 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
It was my first time in the new 5/3 arena and I was shocked at how terrible the audio system was. I was behind one of the baskets and could literally not hear a thing that was said over the mic. Everyone around me was complaining as well. You could literally make out nothing that was being said.

10-05-2019 12:34 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2019 12:34 AM)dbernie41 Wrote:  It was my first time in the new 5/3 arena and I was shocked at how terrible the audio system was. I was behind one of the baskets and could literally not hear a thing that was said over the mic. Everyone around me was complaining as well. You could literally make out nothing that was being said.

The sound system has been a big issue with both Nippert and 5/3

10-05-2019 12:45 AM
Advertisement

bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
Jarron will be fine for the start of the season.

I was sitting courtside for midnight madness. I directly spoke to Trevor and my buddy asked him when he’d be back. He said, “couple weeks, I’m good man, don’t worry.”

Prince is a mystery but it doesn’t look good.

10-05-2019 01:43 AM
bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
In other news, Zach Harvey looks to me like the third best player on the team behind Jarron and Trevon. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he even moved into a higher position this year. Small sample size but my eyes tell me he is special.

McNeal looked very good. Quick, smart, and effective.

Dou looked confident and improved. Hit a couple threes.

Keith did nothing impressive but his new stroke looks much improved. Much more pure form than before.

I’m just geeked about Harvey. That dude is the real deal.

10-05-2019 01:49 AM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
Great night. Hopefully they do Midnight Madness again next year. That dunking contest though... oof. 03-nutkick

10-05-2019 02:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skyblade Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
The Cumberland news is concerning, but perhaps not terrible. One of last years team major problems was the inability to run effective offence without Cumberland on the floor. Cumberland being out will force the team to figure out how to play without him, which might make us better in the long run. Cumberland is a veteran and should be able to pick up the offensive and defensive schemes without being on the floor. So let him take his time getting healthy and getting into game shape.

Would be disappointing if Prince is out for an extended period, but at least Vogt being eligible gives us another big for depth.

Obviously too soon to judge players and how they will look in games compared to how they look in practice. But good sign that guys like Diarra and Harvey look good. We are going to need quite a few guys to step up if Cumberland is out for any part of the season.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2019 07:44 AM by skyblade.)
10-05-2019 07:43 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(10-05-2019 07:43 AM)skyblade Wrote:  The Cumberland news is concerning, but perhaps not terrible. One of last years team major problems was the inability to run effective offence without Cumberland on the floor. Cumberland being out will force the team to figure out how to play without him, which might make us better in the long run. Cumberland is a veteran and should be able to pick up the offensive and defensive schemes without being on the floor. So let him take his time getting healthy and getting into game shape.

Would be disappointing if Prince is out for an extended period, but at least Vogt being eligible gives us another big for depth.

Obviously too soon to judge players and how they will look in games compared to how they look in practice. But good sign that guys like Diarra and Harvey look good. We are going to need quite a few guys to step up if Cumberland is out for any part of the season.
I have confidence that the new schemes will take care of those offensive challenges. The offense has been terrible about spacing and reversing the floor against the zone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10-05-2019 08:10 AM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
This isn't anything new for Jarron. The challenge for Brannen will be how and how much to utilize him during the season. I'd expect Jaevin and Zak to get significant minutes and scoring opportunities. Jaevin has a very good stroke, and a lot of experience. Someone told me Brannen's comment about them having a full practice yesterday afternoon was correct, so last night they likely were not very fresh. I'd expect a lot of up and down the court. I wonder what Prince's injury is? Maybe hernia or groin? Nobody seems to know. He wasn't limping from what i saw.

10-05-2019 10:52 AM
Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Hopefully UC's esteemed Marketing Dept will bring Snoop to liven things up a bit.

Hard to believe this actually happened with the NCAA cloud over Lawrence. I guess they figure they are above the law and will get off scott free.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/colleg...noop-dogg/

10-05-2019 11:00 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Funkiest thing about that is Bill Self says he didn’t know anything about this, either. He’s the Sgt Schultz of college basketball.

10-05-2019 11:04 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Strippers, guns and money. What a great look Kansas! Did Ricky P. plan this for you?

10-05-2019 11:09 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Well I got to enjoy the football game for a few hours.

Then I open this thread and read of all the injuries.

Butt re-puckered...

10-05-2019 11:17 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
It’s not eligibility or team rules, etc.

10-05-2019 12:05 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-05-2019 07:43 AM)skyblade Wrote:  The Cumberland news is concerning, but perhaps not terrible. One of last years team major problems was the inability to run effective offence without Cumberland on the floor. Cumberland being out will force the team to figure out how to play without him, which might make us better in the long run. Cumberland is a veteran and should be able to pick up the offensive and defensive schemes without being on the floor. So let him take his time getting healthy and getting into game shape.

the sad thing is that instead of spending weeks trying out for the NBA, he should have been getting that foot fixed. No NBA TEAM would have drafted hin with an injury anyways.

10-05-2019 02:01 PM
skyblade Offline
1st String

For those who didn't go, the Bearcats youtube account posted the (almost?) full Midnight Madness video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvh8ky9QRRc.

Doesn't really seem like there's enough to go by in terms of judging players. Very little defense was played, they didn't really run offense and players were trying to show off for the crowd.

Just in terms of looks, Diarra stands out. He has put on quite a bit of muscle and looks like he can bang inside. He should be a star here eventually, hopefully this year is his breakout year.

10-05-2019 03:59 PM
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

Glad to hear good things about Harvey and Diarra. I always thought this would be an excellent fit for Diarra so hopefully he continues his progression.

I’m sure we had some recruits in for last night. Anyone have any details on that?

10-05-2019 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.