Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bracketology
Bookmark and Share
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Bracketology
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...acketology

I know, how ridiculous is this on October 3rd? Cincy is last four.

10-03-2019 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dubcat14 Offline
1st String

RE: Bracketology
What I don't understand is there's a new one published every 3 weeks or so (I know it's for clicks) and teams get shuffled around.. Do rosters/development really change that much in 3 offseason weeks?

In prior "bracketologies" UC was a 10 seed. So what happened? Lunardi sit in on a UC practice and decide that Cumberland regressed??? Silly season continues.

10-03-2019 02:08 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(10-03-2019 01:55 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...acketology

I'd be surprised if we're "last four" material...either "in" or "out." I'm thinking we're either solid 7/8 seed material, or we're going to be "out" by a comfortable margin. I doubt we're going to be marginal in either case.

Personally, I'm favoring the 7/8 seed line right now...but time alone will tell.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 02:12 PM by BearcatJerry.)
10-03-2019 02:11 PM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

(10-03-2019 02:11 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(10-03-2019 01:55 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...acketology

I'd be surprised if we're "last four" material...either "in" or "out." I'm thinking we're either solid 7/8 seed material, or we're going to be "out" by a comfortable margin. I doubt we're going to be marginal in either case.

Personally, I'm favoring the 7/8 seed line right now...but time alone will tell.

"Last Four" means UD will be canvased in red and black and I'm not sure the NCAA will favor that. Not sure if it's happened before with a local team, but I think the NCAA would try and have teams within an two or so hours of UD be either in the tourney or out. Especially teams with larger fanbases IU, UK, OSU, UC, etc.

Edit: I'm way off.. Xavier was last four in '14 and Dayton themselves in '15. Looks like the NCAA doesn't factor in location. Curious what those arenas looked like and what type of home court it provided.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 02:18 PM by dubcat14.)
10-03-2019 02:15 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
I think this team has a 10 seed floor. I think they're really being underrated because of the coaching change. Top 3 scorers are back. Conference player of the year is back. I like the guys they brought in to be the role players. I think this team can be a top 15 type team.

10-03-2019 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(10-03-2019 02:34 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I think this team has a 10 seed floor. I think they're really being underrated because of the coaching change. Top 3 scorers are back. Conference player of the year is back. I like the guys they brought in to be the role players. I think this team can be a top 15 type team.

Maaarrrk! 04-cheers

10-03-2019 02:55 PM
Advertisement

scoscox Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Xavier
(10-03-2019 02:15 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

"Last Four" means UD will be canvased in red and black and I'm not sure the NCAA will favor that. Not sure if it's happened before with a local team, but I think the NCAA would try and have teams within an two or so hours of UD be either in the tourney or out. Especially teams with larger fanbases IU, UK, OSU, UC, etc.

Edit: I'm way off.. Xavier was last four in '14 and Dayton themselves in '15. Looks like the NCAA doesn't factor in location. Curious what those arenas looked like and what type of home court it provided.

It wasn't a friendly environment by any stretch for us. Lots of dayton fans in the arena to cheer for NC State during our game. I'm assuming it'd probably be similar if you guys played there, although maybe a little less vitriolic.

10-03-2019 03:14 PM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Louisville and Kansas #1 seeds? Zavier comfortably in the field?

This must be the bracket for the NCAA CHEATERS tournament.

10-03-2019 03:17 PM
RuckleSt Offline
All American

(10-03-2019 02:34 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I think this team has a 10 seed floor. I think they're really being underrated because of the coaching change. Top 3 scorers are back. Conference player of the year is back. I like the guys they brought in to be the role players. I think this team can be a top 15 type team.

This team looks good on paper, but with so many variables (coaching change, lots of new players, new system) I can't even begin to predict what kind of team they will be. I really hope you're right though.

10-03-2019 03:37 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
This year I'm going to let this play out until mid January before I really start paying attention....04-cheers

10-03-2019 04:45 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(10-03-2019 03:14 PM)scoscox Wrote:  
(10-03-2019 02:15 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

It wasn't a friendly environment by any stretch for us. Lots of dayton fans in the arena to cheer for NC State during our game. I'm assuming it'd probably be similar if you guys played there, although maybe a little less vitriolic.

i'd wager flyer faithful'd be awful cordial to us. don't they hate y'all?

10-03-2019 05:00 PM
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
This crap means nothing until 15 games in.

10-03-2019 05:18 PM
bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
I’m more excited about this team than last year’s. I think it will be rough out of the gates but we gel in February.

10-03-2019 11:27 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2019 11:27 PM)bearcatjim Wrote:  I’m more excited about this team than last year’s. I think it will be rough out of the gates but we gel in February.

Bolded, I've had the same feeling. Then again, if Cumberland is knocking down 18, two other starters returning and what would appear to be a good scoring punch from Jarron's cousin, maybe this team starts and finishes the season well.

10-04-2019 07:03 AM
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

Agree we are being underrated. With our top 3 scorers, top rebounder, and the new pieces we’ve added I think people should be higher on this team. I’m not sure I agree they will consistently be a top 15 team, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we reached the top 15 at some point by years end, or made a run to the S16 in the tournament.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 10:28 AM by C1ncy4Life.)
10-04-2019 10:27 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(10-04-2019 10:27 AM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  

Agree we are being underrated. With our top 3 scorers, top rebounder, and the new pieces we’ve added I think people should be higher on this team. I’m not sure I agree they will consistently be a top 15 team, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we reached the top 15 at some point by years end, or made a run to the S16 in the tournament.
I said can be. Too much uncertainty to say they will be but I think predictions have their floor too low and ceiling not high enough.

10-04-2019 11:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

(10-04-2019 07:03 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(10-03-2019 11:27 PM)bearcatjim Wrote:  I’m more excited about this team than last year’s. I think it will be rough out of the gates but we gel in February.

Bolded, I've had the same feeling. Then again, if Cumberland is knocking down 18, two other starters returning and what would appear to be a good scoring punch from Jarron's cousin, maybe this team starts and finishes the season well.

Why would this team need a lot of time to gel?

We return our top 3 scorers. The guy expected to be #4 is the cousin of our top scorer and played with him for 3 years in high school.

Sure, there's a lot of roster turnover, but that's the case for most teams these days.

10-04-2019 11:48 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
TBD. How in the heck anyone knows what to expect is beyond me.

New systems, new coaches that most fans had never heard of before 6 months ago, half of a new roster, lots of unknowns...this could be the next coming of 1992 just as easily as it could be the next coming of 2007-08’.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 12:19 PM by rath v2.0.)
10-04-2019 12:06 PM
C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

(10-04-2019 11:24 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(10-04-2019 10:27 AM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  

I said can be. Too much uncertainty to say they will be but I think predictions have their floor too low and ceiling not high enough.

Fair enough, and I completely agree the floor is too low and ceiling not high enough.

10-04-2019 12:15 PM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
It's interesting the pundits are expecting the returning core of players at x to shoot better from the perimeter. That's not typically a trait of guys who have been around a while.

10-04-2019 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.