Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump at it again, calls for more countries to investigate political rivals
JDTulane Online
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Trump at it again, calls for more countries to investigate political rivals
Title mine.

U.S President Donald Trump said on Thursday he wanted Ukraine and China to investigate political rival and former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden and his son, openly advocating an action that triggered a Democratic impeachment inquiry in Congress.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/03...ens-024697

Trump says China should investigate the Bidens amid impeachment furor
Quote:President Donald Trump on Thursday openly called for China to launch an investigation into the Bidens, boldly engaging in activity similar to the allegations at the heart of House Democrats' rapidly intensifying impeachment probe.

Speaking to reporters as he departed the White House for Florida, the president once again urged Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to open a corruption investigation into the Bidens, but brought up China unprompted when asked what action he wanted his Ukrainian counterpart to take.

Story Continued Below
“Well, I would think that if they were honest about it, they would start a major investigation into the Bidens. It's a very simple answer. They should investigate the Bidens,” the president told reporters about Ukraine. “Likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens. Because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine."

Story Continued Below
The admission provides a new dimension to the ongoing impeachment inquiry into Trump, which centers on Democrats’ allegations that he withheld U.S. military aid for Ukraine as he pressured Zelensky for an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter. Trump's comments about a potential China probe came shortly after he discussed how the two superpowers are locked in intense trade negotiations.

Trump has repeatedly hammered Hunter Biden's foreign business dealings over the last few weeks as he's defended urging the Ukrainian president to open an investigation during a July phone call. That call, and a whistleblower complaint raising alarms about his request, have landed the president in the middle of an impeachment inquiry in Congress.

Trump and his allies have claimed that Hunter Biden convinced China to put $1.5 billion in a fund for an investment firm he had a stake in, assertions lawyers for the former vice president's son have denied. Lawyers for Hunter Biden have told multiple media outlets that he did not have a financial stake in the firm until after his father left public office.

What we know about the Trump-Ukraine scandal
SharePlay Video
The president and his allies have also suggested that Biden used his father's influence to get ahead in business — Trump accused Biden on Thursday of giving China, who is in the midst of a drawn out trade war with the U.S., a “sweetheart deal” due to his son’s business interests there. He also accused Hunter Biden, without evidence, of receiving a “payoff” from the Chinese.

Story Continued Below
The former vice president, one of the top contenders to take on Trump in next year's election, has also forcefully denied any wrongdoing by himself or his son and has repeatedly insisted he and Hunter did not discuss his business interests.

Trump noted — also unprompted — that Chinese negotiators would be in town next week as high-stakes trade talks between the two countries resume, with potentially billions of dollars in tariffs on the line.

“I have a lot of options on China,” he said of the trade talks, “but if they don't do what we want, we have tremendous power.”

Biden critics have pointed to a trip to China in 2013 that Joe Biden took while vice president. Hunter accompanied his father on the trip, where he arranged a meeting between the vice president and a Chinese banker involved with the firm, though Hunter Biden's lawyer denied any business was conducted on the trip.

The president on Thursday denied that he’d already reached out to China’s president, Xi Jinping, about a potential probe into the Bidens. "I haven't, but it's certainly something we can start thinking about," Trump said.

He also predicted that the business dealings of the Biden would weigh heavily on his presidential campaign.

“Well, I think Biden is going down, and I think his whole situation, because now you may very well find that there are many other countries that they scam just like they scam China and Ukraine," Trump said.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 11:09 AM by JDTulane.)
10-03-2019 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JDTulane Online
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
RE: Trump at it again, calls for more countries to investigate political rivals
Naughty Naughty Donald.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121

52 U.S. Code § 30121.Contributions and donations by foreign nationals
U.S. Code
(a)ProhibitionIt shall be unlawful for—
(1)a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

(A)a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
(B)a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
©an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2)a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

(b)“Foreign national” defined
As used in this section, the term “foreign national” means—
(1)a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or
(2)an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.
10-03-2019 11:11 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(10-03-2019 11:11 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  Naughty Naughty Donald.

U.S. Code

(A)a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
©an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2)a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

(1)a foreign principal, as such term is defined by section 611(b) of title 22, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the United States; or
(2)an individual who is not a citizen of the United States or a national of the United States (as defined in section 1101(a)(22) of title 8) and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, as defined by section 1101(a)(20) of title 8.

DOJ already concluded that it isn't a campaign finance violation.

Even if it were, LOL at over starting an impeachment inquiry over a potential campaign finance violation.

Quote:The Department of Justice revealed Wednesday that the whistleblower complaint related to President Trump's controversial phone call with the Ukrainian president sparked a referral to the DOJ's criminal division about whether Trump potentially violated campaign finance law.

However, the criminal division, after reviewing the matter, determined there was no campaign finance violation and "has concluded the matter," a DOJ spokesperson Kerri Kupec said Wednesday.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-d...d=65849857
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 11:15 AM by Kronke.)
10-03-2019 11:15 AM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(10-03-2019 11:11 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  Naughty Naughty Donald.

U.S. Code

The assumption being that its not in the interest of the United States to know if a former VP violated US corruption laws? This is the kind of garbage in/garbage out logic thats been driving the impeachment delusion for 3 years.
10-03-2019 11:18 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Do you really think it's all coincidence that the report on russian interference has been finalized and suddenly Trump starts to suggest or even ask other countries to look into actions tied to the 2016 election?

Trump is just about to set the hook.
10-03-2019 11:24 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
the belcher strikes again... 07-coffee3
Advertisement

Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
It would be awesome if China’s “Attorney General” (or whatever it’s called over there) issues a statement tomorrow saying that PRC has conducted a thorough investigation and that Biden’s “work” in China was completely ethical and above-board.
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
They should investigate. The idiots Obama appointed sure didn't care. Biden is done.

Glorious. Democrats dumb to take this bait. Trump knows all now. Dude is President.

I can't laugh hard enough.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 11:27 AM by shere khan.)
10-03-2019 11:25 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(10-03-2019 11:24 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  It would be awesome if China’s “Attorney General” (or whatever it’s called over there) issues a statement tomorrow saying that PRC has conducted a thorough investigation and that Biden’s “work” in China was completely ethical and above-board.

Do you seriously think they would provide any other information? They want Trump gone worse than the democrats. Funny some just don’t understand what’s going on. The old saying about useful idiots has never been in finer display.....
10-03-2019 11:32 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Trump plans to ask the following countries for dirt on Biden:

Hawaii - Because it's surrounded by water, very very much water!
Vormir - Because this is where the Soul Stone is located.
Iran - Just because.
Ghana - Because they are experts at catfishing.
10-03-2019 11:34 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-03-2019 11:34 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Trump plans to ask the following countries for dirt on Biden:

Iran - Just because.

You were funny a couple days ago. Go find us more material like the Trump Sharpie thread.
10-03-2019 11:36 AM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(10-03-2019 11:34 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Trump plans to ask the following countries for dirt on Biden:

Iran - Just because.

Wanna talk about Biden and Ghana?
10-03-2019 11:46 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
I have no problem with the president asking other nations to look at potential criminal violations committed in those countries. We all know Hunter Biden didn't get paid lots of money by foreign companies because of his own knowledge, skills, or experience.

Didn't Obama ask other nations to investigate Trump over Muh Russia?
10-03-2019 11:51 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Wait a sec... is it or is it not good foreign policy to coerce governments into paying family members and threatening to end financial aid if the foreign government doesn't do as told?
10-03-2019 12:12 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Iran - Just because.

Yet another low IQ post from our latest low IQ libtard. Don't you get tired of making yourself look stupid?
10-03-2019 12:17 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
LOL, you all really do hang on his every word.

Maybe if should have used intermediaries to offer money to have a foreign country draft up some fake dossiers and launder the information through more intermediaries and the fake news media.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019 12:21 PM by EverRespect.)
10-03-2019 12:21 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(10-03-2019 12:17 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Iran - Just because.

Yet another low IQ post from our latest low IQ libtard. Don't you get tired of making yourself look stupid?

Pretty soon, we're going to hear how he needs time away from this board and that he'll want his screen name to be deleted. All he really needs to do is to buckle up.
10-03-2019 12:23 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(10-03-2019 11:24 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Do you really think it's all coincidence that the report on russian interference has been finalized and suddenly Trump starts to suggest or even ask other countries to look into actions tied to the 2016 election?

Trump is just about to set the hook.

Good Lord are you in the tank. 03-lol
10-03-2019 12:54 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2019 11:36 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  

Iran - Just because.

You were funny a couple days ago. Go find us more material like the Trump Sharpie thread.

How right you are. Classic over playing of ones hand.....
10-03-2019 12:55 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

(10-03-2019 12:21 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  LOL, you all really do hang on his every word.

Maybe if should have used intermediaries to offer money to have a foreign country draft up some fake dossiers and launder the information through more intermediaries and the fake news media.

Wait a minute....did he do that that? Impeach him now! (Sarcasterics unavailable on meme board)
10-03-2019 12:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.