Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Democrats setting off bomb against themselves
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Democrats setting off bomb against themselves
https://www.amgreatness.com/2019/09/28/t...t-couldnt/
Worthwhile read. A few highights:

"Those whom the gods would destroy, they first make ridiculous. Has it happened to the Democrats yet? I think so, yes. I think so....

When it was pointed out that Donald Trump said none of that, Schiff replied that his words—his lies—were a “parody.” Oh....

I do not mean to fall prey to Godwin’s Law, but watching the behavior of the Democrats and their media enablers these past few years, it is hard to avoid the suspicion that that have been unduly impressed by the opinion of a former Austrian corporal that if one is going to tell a lie, one should take care that it is a big one.

The trouble is, it is not at all clear that this strategic deployment of mendacity actually works. It did not, in the end, work for the Austrian corporal. And it hasn’t worked for the Democrats, their media hirelings, and their NeverTrump camp followers....

A Preposterous Gambit
An unnamed “whistleblower” (personally, I think it is a protégé of John Brennan or possibly Michael Avenatti) cites various rumors he has overheard second- or third-hand, writes it up as an official complaint, and the whole stinking pile of malignant calumny is carefully fed into the Trump outrage machine and takes over the media narrative for a week or so....

All this frenetic activity—the screaming front-page headlines, the salivating attacks on Trump in the now-routinely anti-Trump Drudge Report—all that, as Lifson says, is but the “prelude to the coming time bombs about to explode in their faces.”

The bombs in question, Lifson points out, have names: Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department inspector general whose report on malfeasance in the FBI and the “intelligence community” is due any day; John Durham, the U.S. attorney looking into the origins of the attempted coup against Donald Trump; and John Huber, the U.S. attorney who is looking into the FBI’s surveillance of Carter Page and connections between the Clinton Foundation and the Uranium One scandal.

Those time bombs are indeed ticking, and even the Dems must be able to make out the tick-tick-tick above the fury of their anti-Trump skirling....

It’s not just that they disliked Donald Trump. They declared him illegitimate. By implication, they declared anyone who supported Trump illegitimate, too. In essence, they bowed out of the social compact that underwrote the legitimacy of the American regime.

They adopted the extreme rhetoric and tactics of revolutionaries. “Jusq’au-boutisme” became their rallying crying: by any means necessary. Whatever it takes to rid the country of the Bad Orange Man—and (often unstated but always implied) his unenlightened supporters...

What has been happening these last three years is not just an effort to destroy Donald Trump. That, indeed, is merely incidental to the larger project of destroying the fundamental American consensus. I do not think it will succeed. But I am sufficiently disillusioned to realize just how grave a threat these forces pose to what we used to be able to call, without irony, the American dream."
09-29-2019 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Democrats setting off bomb against themselves
The polls may be starting to reflect the self-immolation of the Democrats. While it could just be sampling error, the normally far left skewing Emerson poll shows the following:
Trump 49-Warren 51
Trump 49-Biden 50
Trump 51-Sanders 49
Trump 52-Harris 48

Rasmussen recently released one with Trump 47-Biden 43.
09-29-2019 03:49 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(09-29-2019 03:49 PM)bullet Wrote:  The polls may be starting to reflect the self-immolation of the Democrats. While it could just be sampling error, the normally far left skewing Emerson poll shows the following:
Trump 49-Warren 51
Trump 49-Biden 50
Trump 51-Sanders 49
Trump 52-Harris 48

Knowing how stubborn the pollsters are with their oversampling of democrats, if he's that close on election day, he's already won.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019 04:12 PM by Kronke.)
09-29-2019 04:11 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(09-29-2019 03:49 PM)bullet Wrote:  The polls may be starting to reflect the self-immolation of the Democrats. While it could just be sampling error, the normally far left skewing Emerson poll shows the following:
Trump 49-Warren 51
Trump 49-Biden 50
Trump 51-Sanders 49
Trump 52-Harris 48

I can't post this enough....

2019/08/11
05:26:30 PM 76323394 I
Specials - Politics
Odds To Win - 2020 Presidential Election
[86596] Donald Trump -150 08/12/2019 (08:00 AM) (Pending)
Straight 450.00 300.00
Total: 450.00

09-29-2019 04:22 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(09-29-2019 04:11 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
Trump 49-Warren 51
Trump 49-Biden 50
Trump 51-Sanders 49
Trump 52-Harris 48

Knowing how stubborn the pollsters are with their oversampling of democrats, if he's that close on election day, he's already won.

The other thing about a lot of these polls is they are national polling results, not state by state, so they don't really mean much with the Electoral College.

I think Hillary won the popular vote by maybe 2 or 3 points, but lost the EC by a substantial margin.
09-29-2019 04:54 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
They take their polls in Illinois and California so what do you expect...and still they're barely ahead.
09-29-2019 08:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.