Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Our Marketing Dept is a disaster
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Our Marketing Dept is a disaster
I emailed the dept last week saying we needed to do something special and early for the BYU game. A gold out perhaps. Something that stands out.

Y'all can look up the shirts the first 1000 students get. It might as well be a BYU logo. Navy and white... SMH.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 03:42 PM by UofToledoFans.)
09-24-2019 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UTROCKET Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Our Marketing Dept is a disaster
(09-24-2019 03:41 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  I emailed the dept last week saying we needed to do something special and early for the BYU game. A gold out perhaps. Something that stands out.

Y'all can look up the shirts the first 1000 students get. It might as well be a BYU logo. Navy and white... SMH.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY...What a JOKE... You can't make this stuff up...

No gold at all, all BYU blue and white 03-banghead
09-24-2019 03:52 PM
stpeterocketfan Offline
Special Teams

Yes, because of this one thing, its a disaster! Give me a break!
09-24-2019 04:10 PM
UTerry Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(09-24-2019 04:10 PM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  Yes, because of this one thing, its a disaster! Give me a break!

Remember the marketing department is also responsible for those AWFUL promotions during timeouts...….

The marketing department is in charge of the loud screaming girl during the breaks...….

The marketing department is responsible for the awful songs that are played during the breaks in action over the loud speakers. YOU would think all the songs that have Rocket(s), Rock, Rockin(g), etc.... would be obvious song choices instead things like "Who let the dogs out" as Northern Illinois comes onto the field out of the visitors locker room...……

So it's not this "one" thing...….
09-24-2019 04:24 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Brilliant!!! BYU will think their fanbase has turned on them.
09-24-2019 04:38 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
So BYU relaxes, feels right at home, gets real chill and the Rockets come out on fire after the perceived slight. Awesome marketing!
09-24-2019 04:45 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Me and some buddies are going on campus tonight and writing gold out on everything. I may not be a student anymore but hey. If half the crowd listens to us, and half listens to marketing, our colors will be displayed. All Navy is fricken a BYU thing. Dumb.
09-24-2019 05:00 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
So you're going from being a student to being a graffiti suspect. Just kidding.

Well that doesn't mean the rest of us can't wear gold. I'll make myself a note to wear gold. Although--since it's a noon game--I might not be awake enough when I dress to remember to look at my note... 03-yawn
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 05:08 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
09-24-2019 05:08 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Nobody does a White Out like the BYU fan base! ;-)
09-24-2019 05:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(09-24-2019 05:54 PM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Nobody does a White Out like the BYU fan base! ;-)

03-lmfao

Every game!
09-24-2019 06:04 PM
therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
As long as we have the Dave White jingle & the emoji cams in place, we’ll be alright 05-stirthepot.
09-25-2019 07:01 AM
Advertisement

therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
(09-24-2019 04:24 PM)UTerry Wrote:  
(09-24-2019 04:10 PM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  Yes, because of this one thing, its a disaster! Give me a break!

Remember the marketing department is also responsible for those AWFUL promotions during timeouts...….

The marketing department is in charge of the loud screaming girl during the breaks...….

The marketing department is responsible for the awful songs that are played during the breaks in action over the loud speakers. YOU would think all the songs that have Rocket(s), Rock, Rockin(g), etc.... would be obvious song choices instead things like "Who let the dogs out" as Northern Illinois comes onto the field out of the visitors locker room...……

So it's not this "one" thing...….
The Dance Cam too…we could dance to a little John Cougar Mellencamp during the breaks!!
09-25-2019 07:23 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I haven't thought the promotions have been too bad lately. Getting rid of the loud squeally girl was enough for me
09-25-2019 09:08 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(09-25-2019 07:01 AM)therockets046 Wrote:  As long as we have the Dave White jingle & the emoji cams in place, we’ll be alright 05-stirthepot.

03-lmfao
09-25-2019 09:53 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
(09-25-2019 09:53 AM)PaulJ Wrote:  
(09-25-2019 07:01 AM)therockets046 Wrote:  As long as we have the Dave White jingle & the emoji cams in place, we’ll be alright 05-stirthepot.

03-lmfao

I love the Dave White jingle. I have so much fun booing both contestants
09-25-2019 10:17 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

A gold-out would have been really cool and made much more sense than a navy and white out, or essentially a nothing-out because I haven't seen anything advertised.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019 12:12 PM by inductchuck16.)
09-25-2019 12:11 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-25-2019 12:11 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  A gold-out would have been really cool and made much more sense than a navy and white out, or essentially a nothing-out because I haven't seen anything advertised.

Is there anything else to do in Iowa?
09-25-2019 01:17 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

After 20 years one has sort of come to expect a minimal effort by Athletics to market the games, besides the usual posters, news stories, highlights on social media and UT webpage, plus TV commercial buys, and all the usual in stadium advertising and sponsored fan gimmicks. Nothing really new, fresh and innovative. I think one main factor is lack of tradition associated with attending games and a game experience, (like Gold or white outs) and no large levels of engagement and attendance by most students, UT employees and local CF fans. Sure there is a core group but for whatever reasons, and I am not sure more marketing would make a huge difference there, there just doesn't seem to be the level of community excitement around UT football. One could argue that Toledo is much more a MudHens, and now even more so-a Walleye town.
09-25-2019 02:10 PM
DeepInSavageArena Offline
Water Engineer

(09-25-2019 12:11 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  A gold-out would have been really cool and made much more sense than a navy and white out, or essentially a nothing-out because I haven't seen anything advertised.

A gold-out is a great idea in theory, the problem is the GB isn't a nice capacity (69k) like Kinnick where the effect of it is much more noticeable in a larger venue. Now, if it was a night game and you could get that gold to pop a little more...
09-25-2019 02:21 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I said before. You want to sell more season tickets? Then market promotions that involve them. Have drawings by pulling random names. Give free jerseys away to season ticket holders. Buy two lazyboy recliners and draw season ticket holder names for each game. There are all kinds of things like this that could be done. Hell give the game ball away. Coin toss. But the key is season ticket holders. By the way. Since it was my idea, I get first dibs on the chairs
09-25-2019 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.