WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The idea that just won't die
BaldingBroncoFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The idea that just won't die
https://wwmt.com/news/local/state-bill-w...town-arena
"The university has remained neutral on the event center proposal, but public discussions have included speculation that Western could operate the facility.
Western Michigan President Edward Montgomery said Monday that it's too early to say whether the university would serve in that role.
"There are lots of steps between where they are now and any arena project, let alone any connection to WMU," Montgomery said."
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 07:54 AM by BaldingBroncoFan.)
09-24-2019 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: The idea that just won't die
It will be built just in time for it to be called "Hawkins Event Center"
09-24-2019 07:05 PM
PezKingGL1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wmu
Let it die. Would hate to see any team move off campus.
09-24-2019 08:33 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
I don't understand the idea of having a new event center right in downtown. Parking and traffic are bad enough as it is.

What role would it serve that's not already being filled by Wings, Miller, State Theatre, Chenery, UA, etc...

We have an abundance of entertainment venues. I just don't see the point of it, unless it's a convention center type of thing, but that's sort of what Radisson does now.
09-24-2019 09:35 PM
Rasser Offline
Banned

I Root For: World peas
Be cool to have a multi purpose arena along the vein of Magnus arena (DU), Miami, or what CC is building on campus (they start playing in it next year).

I know DU has a special vibe for hockey and basketball games. Chauncy's younger brother Rodney coaches their hoops team, the community supports him and wants him to succeed.

Other colleges partner with their communities quite well, (UNO for example, CC now is in the Broadmore) but we're not a small campus, student body or community. We don't have to do that, I hope.

Shoot, I'd be happy flipping Read to run the right way, (keep the track) update it to be retro cool, that place has the potential to be stellar, and then build a hockey/natatorium building.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 10:00 PM by Rasser.)
09-24-2019 09:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.