Rams Two Yards Shy of Toledo -- Twice
09-22-2019 06:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Rams Two Yards Shy of Toledo -- Twice
Candle must hold the record for offensive records of other teams.
09-22-2019 07:03 AM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(09-22-2019 07:03 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Candle must hold the record for offensive records of other teams.

Have you heard of Tom Amstutz?
09-22-2019 01:27 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-22-2019 01:27 PM)Carolina Rocket Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 07:03 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Candle must hold the record for offensive records of other teams.

Vaguely familiar. Took us to 3-4 championships?
09-22-2019 01:50 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Bend don't break. Only gave up 35 points to a team who has scored that many vs. Arkansas and Colorado.... Whatever. Move on.
09-22-2019 02:02 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-22-2019 02:02 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Bend don't break. Only gave up 35 points to a team who has scored that many vs. Arkansas and Colorado.... Whatever. Move on.

Colorado St Offense screwed up a number of times.
A competent team would have dropped 50+ on the Rockets last night. That's why this bend don't break
Is crap, unless you're over matched. How many 7 or 8 win seasons and Bowl losses it going to take to change the Rocket Defense? Defense has some real
issues and it's not the personnel.
09-22-2019 02:41 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(09-22-2019 02:41 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 02:02 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Bend don't break. Only gave up 35 points to a team who has scored that many vs. Arkansas and Colorado.... Whatever. Move on.

A competent team would have dropped 50+ on the Rockets last night. That's why this bend don't break
Is crap, unless you're over matched. How many 7 or 8 win seasons and Bowl losses it going to take to change the Rocket Defense? Defense has some real
I mean it's still bend don't break if the yard total never seems to connect with the points we give up. This week was 700yards and 35 points. Last week was what 400 yards and 0 points? Outgained in the first half yet up 17-0? I see their self destruct nature but the final result is the final result. Watch film. Get better. Murray State just put up 50+ this week.

We recruit well. Holt looked amazing vs. Kentucky. Last night's game is a product of a very good offense for CSU. 4 star QB throwing to 4 star receiver. Nebraska transfer to Auburn transfer... No **** they're gonna get jump balls.

Coaching can easily help us. I can do it. "Turn your head when you think the ball has maybe been thrown..." That's it. Those PIs were effort plays that we stuck with the receiver. No getting burned. All coachable. Our defense will steam roll 6 teams in the MAC. (The MAC is putrid).
09-22-2019 03:05 PM
Advertisement

FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(09-22-2019 01:50 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

- With Gary Pinkel’s recruits...
09-22-2019 03:29 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

(09-22-2019 03:05 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

I mean it's still bend don't break if the yard total never seems to connect with the points we give up. This week was 700yards and 35 points. Last week was what 400 yards and 0 points? Outgained in the first half yet up 17-0? I see their self destruct nature but the final result is the final result. Watch film. Get better. Murray State just put up 50+ this week.

We recruit well. Holt looked amazing vs. Kentucky. Last night's game is a product of a very good offense for CSU. 4 star QB throwing to 4 star receiver. Nebraska transfer to Auburn transfer... No **** they're gonna get jump balls.

Coaching can easily help us. I can do it. "Turn your head when you think the ball has maybe been thrown..." That's it. Those PIs were effort plays that we stuck with the receiver. No getting burned. All coachable. Our defense will steam roll 6 teams in the MAC. (The MAC is putrid).

The Bend Don’t Break Defense does everything except beat the legitimate contenders in the MAC and win bowl games. It’s garbage.
Buffalo 31 Toledo 17
Northern Illinois 38 Toledo 15
Bowl Game FIU 35 Toledo 32
Ohio 38 Toledo 10
Bowl Game: Appalachian State 38 Toledo 0
Ohio 31 Toledo 26
Western Michigan 55 Toledo 35
Bowl Game: Appalachian State 31 Toledo 28
Northern Illinois 32 Toledo 27
Western Michigan 35 Toledo 30
Northern Illinois 27 Toledo 24
Northern Illinois 35 Toledo 17
Ball State 34 Toledo 27
Northern Illinois 31 Toledo 24
Bowl Game: Utah State 41 Toledo 14
Northern Illinois 63 Toledo 60
Northern Illinois 65 Toledo 30
Bowl Game FIU 34 Toledo 32
09-22-2019 03:53 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-22-2019 03:29 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 01:50 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

- With Gary Pinkel’s recruits...

Those sixth year Seniors are a God send. 03-wink I think Amstutz was on Pinkel's staff no? Might have been a few of his own recruits in the mix.

Probably hard to find stats against. Who has had the biggest rushing/passing day against Toledo?
09-22-2019 06:58 PM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

My biggest concern is the fundamental breakdowns that happen all the time with our Defense. Against CSU, our DE, #48 peeked inside 2 or 3 times and let the ball get outside. That is football 101! The CSU DE's had the same problem and that is why CSU's D is giving up a ton of rushing yards weekly. The DE has to set the edge and keep leverage on the ball. You can't peak inside and let the ball outside of you, period. If you can't do it, someone else need to be put in. Letting this happen to you once can happen, but happening multiple times in one game, tells me there is a coaching problem and someone is obviously not getting the message. It's the same thing with our M2M coverage. Drives me crazy how many times we interfere with the receiver when we are in phase and simply just need to use proper technique by turning your head and playing through the receivers hands to the ball. I would much rather see a guy be forced to make a play than just senselessly interfere with him when you are actually in good position. This is something that should be practiced daily. Fixing these two issues will help eliminate a lot of big chunk plays and we allow our D to get off the field on 3rd down by not giving up senseless penalties when we are actually in good coverage. Both of these are basic fundamentals in any defensive scheme and both are really very coachable and fixable issues. I don't think it is a talent problem at all. It appears that we have more of an issue with Defensive coaches that are not able to communicate or teach the simple fundamentals of defensive football.
09-23-2019 01:12 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

There were a couple plays, one Q1 another on the last drive the whole D-Line went left, ball of course went around the other end. I replayed and replayed and can't figure out why they all went left. I saw no decoy from the QB, simple read and hand-off.
09-23-2019 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.