Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tim Tebow Says College Athletes Do Not Deserve Compensation
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Tim Tebow Says College Athletes Do Not Deserve Compensation
Tebow Against Compensation

Quote:Tebow, an ESPN college football analyst and the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, argued Friday that athletes’ pursuit of compensation diminished college sports. Speaking on “First Take,” Tebow, 32, said paying student athletes would turn the NCAA “into the NFL where who has the most money, that’s where you go.”

Quote:When he played at Florida, Tebow said, he didn’t want any money for the time he devoted to football, nor did he want any cut of the profits the athletic department reaped by using his name and likeness. He said he was motivated to play college football because of his family connections to Florida and the pride he took from representing the institution.

Quote:“That’s why people are more passionate about college sports than they are the NFL. That’s why the stadiums are bigger in college than they are in the NFL, because it’s about your team. It’s about your university. It’s about where my family wanted to go. It’s about where my grandfather had a dream of seeing Florida win an SEC championship, and you’re taking that away so that young kids can earn a dollar, and that’s just not where I feel like college football needs to go.”

Tebow said it is us, a team sport. Without the other players, he would never been a household name. The California Bill and others turning a team sport into a me sport. It would make one player superior over the other. 99% of the team on college sports would not be able to sell their names and likeness like that one player. Teammates would turn on that 1 player because he is playing for the me syndrome and just used them to make money while they could not.

Balis said in this article sounded like that all NCAA athletes should get paid. This includes tennis and the other sports that do not make money. These bills are intending not just for football and basketball players, but the over all sports that each colleges and universities fielded. I told you this before if you start paying players? You have to pay all the athletes from all sports and this could go all the way down to the JUCO levels. This would start killing sports at the P5, G5, FCS, D2, D3, NAIA,NCAA, USCAA and JUCOs which many private schools could drop all sports.
09-20-2019 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Renandpat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Central State
RE: Tim Tebow Says College Athletes Do Not Deserve Compensation
Quote:When Tim Tebow made his famous “I promise” speech, he wasn’t wearing Gators Nike gear, he was wearing a T-shirt with the future logo of his business arm, XV Enterprises.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/...8577104896

His brother, Robby, set up the business.
https://miamiherald.typepad.com/gator_cl...ators.html
09-20-2019 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Should colleges pay athletes directly? no

Should athletes and schools be penalized when a kid makes money off their image and fame? No
09-20-2019 08:54 PM
Advertisement

Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
It's not up to Tim Tebow.
09-21-2019 06:39 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(09-20-2019 05:57 PM)Renandpat Wrote:  
Quote:When Tim Tebow made his famous “I promise” speech, he wasn’t wearing Gators Nike gear, he was wearing a T-shirt with the future logo of his business arm, XV Enterprises.

Seems irrelevant.
09-21-2019 07:17 AM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(09-21-2019 07:17 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(09-20-2019 05:57 PM)Renandpat Wrote:  

Seems irrelevant.

Seems that guy is a troll on Twitter. The company that Tim's brother created came out in the future. Is Tim and his brother a future reader or send that shirt back in time?

I agree with Tim. You are there in college because you love to play the sport. Screw the money. Go to school, get the education, and if you want the money to play the sport? Wait until you get into the pros. You have to earn it first, but get the education first.
09-21-2019 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shox Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wichita State
He's right. The starting nose tackle isn't going to get paid 50k to appear in a car dealership commercial. Then again, maybe he will. What's to stop said car dealership from inviting the whole team out annually for a car commercial with each team member receiving $5000 for their services. The OU's of the world will have a field day with this.
09-21-2019 09:52 AM
Advertisement

Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
Tebow has a lot of very unusual opinions and is notoriously stubborn so I’m not really sure why his opinion matters here
09-21-2019 10:19 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
What does the starting left offensive tackle at Kutztown State think about it?

His viewpoint is about as relevant as Tebow's is.
09-21-2019 04:36 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-21-2019 04:36 PM)TerryD Wrote:  What does the starting left offensive tackle at Kutztown State think about it?

His viewpoint is about as relevant as Tebow's is.

You should ask him then
09-22-2019 03:35 PM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

I Root For: Utah, UVU, UNC bb
(09-21-2019 10:19 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  Tebow has a lot of very unusual opinions and is notoriously stubborn so I’m not really sure why his opinion matters here

Agreed.
09-23-2019 01:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.