Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Injuries
Bookmark and Share
PrideoftheStAte Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Arkansas State
Injuries
With bad injuries at Troy and Arkansas State, I was wondering if any other schools had season changing injuries?

Arkansas State currently has season ending injuries to a few players including our All-Conference CB. Other than season ending injuries, we have injuries that have taken players out of multiple games. Injuries to our best RB, our second best RB, a great WR, 4-5 OL's, and our top 2 CB's. The past few years have not been kind to us on the injury front. It makes me wonder if it just happens or is there something we are not doing in the weight room to cut that number down.
09-17-2019 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
RE: Injuries
Camerun Peoples is out of the year at App with a torn ACL.
09-17-2019 04:02 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Hate it but unfortunately its a routine part of the game. The worst was Bingham getting hurt in the Tucson Bowl last year. Diddle fart of a game where we marched all over Nevada like we were Sherman headed to the sea but damn if we could find the end zone or kick a ball between the uprights.

Kid would have been one of the fastest DE's at the NFL combine if he hadn't gotten hurt instead he was working rehab.

I will NEVER criticize a kid with pro potential for skipping a bowl unless its an NY6 game, a playoff game or his school has a shot at an accomplishment like finishing ranked if a G5 or finishing top 10 if a P5.
09-17-2019 04:38 PM
balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
Louisiana has played without 2 senior starters on the O-line. the line was suppose to be one of the most experienced in the nation coming in, but injuries changed that. Also top 2 TE's entering the season were hit with significant injuries.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 06:13 PM by balanced_view.)
09-17-2019 04:58 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-17-2019 03:35 PM)PrideoftheStAte Wrote:  With bad injuries at Troy and Arkansas State, I was wondering if any other schools had season changing injuries?

Arkansas State currently has season ending injuries to a few players including our All-Conference CB. Other than season ending injuries, we have injuries that have taken players out of multiple games. Injuries to our best RB, our second best RB, a great WR, 4-5 OL's, and our top 2 CB's. The past few years have not been kind to us on the injury front. It makes me wonder if it just happens or is there something we are not doing in the weight room to cut that number down.

Hopefully it's not season-changing, but USA all-purpose back, Tra Minter got torpedoed in the loss to Memphis and is out with a concussion.
09-17-2019 05:19 PM
_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
We had been pretty fortunate with injuries till Saturday. Senior OLB Gavin Graham tore his ACL vs. SMU. Out the rest of the season. Good news is he never took a redshirt year so should be able to come back in 2020. 7 of our 8 LBs on our 2-deep are seniors so while this hurts for 2019 it could help 2020 IF he can get healthy.
09-17-2019 05:48 PM
Advertisement

USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-17-2019 05:19 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(09-17-2019 03:35 PM)PrideoftheStAte Wrote:  With bad injuries at Troy and Arkansas State, I was wondering if any other schools had season changing injuries?

Hopefully it's not season-changing, but USA all-purpose back, Tra Minter got torpedoed in the loss to Memphis and is out with a concussion.

We’ve also been without Tyree Turner (our best player and 1st team all-SBC DT) since the 2nd Drive of the season. Hopefully we can get him back soon. We lost an OL against Memphis (not sure of the extent), we get a receiver back soon in Jalen Wayne (we need him).

About right on par for USA as far as injuries go.
09-17-2019 08:26 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Our most notable injury right now is Shai Werts

So far he has only played the first quarter of the LSU game this season

Hopefully he will be back in our next game
09-17-2019 10:28 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(09-17-2019 10:28 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Our most notable injury right now is Shai Werts

Is there a glaring difference when he isn't running the offense?
09-17-2019 10:40 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-17-2019 10:40 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(09-17-2019 10:28 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Our most notable injury right now is Shai Werts

Is there a glaring difference when he isn't running the offense?

It's nothing that we haven't seen before when a QB graduates and we have a guy playing without a ton of experience. He's not as sharp as Werts, but he has better mechanics throwing the ball and should develop well if we keep giving him reps.

Looking back at the last 2 games you can see where he's having problems "trusting" the offense and trying to make plays happen. That gets better though.
09-17-2019 10:49 PM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
We lost our best offensive lineman for the year in preseason camp, too.
09-18-2019 07:32 AM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
At the rate stAte is dropping players this year some of you folks might end up playing our freshmen and any walk on we can get from the intramural teams!!!
09-18-2019 08:44 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(09-18-2019 08:44 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  At the rate stAte is dropping players this year some of you folks might end up playing our freshmen and any walk on we can get from the intramural teams!!!

During the southern miss game we had three freshmen starting in the secondary. Graduation, the portal, and injuries have decimated our defensive backfield.
09-18-2019 09:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stAteNation Online
1st String

Arkansas State players are so banged up. I have no idea who will actually play vs SIU.
09-19-2019 07:21 AM
PrideoftheStAte Offline
2nd String

As with every single game this year, the Troy game cost us at least two more injuries to our mounting pile of bodies. Our best defensive player Forrest Merrill tore a bicep, is having surgery, and will be out for the year. We also played most of the game with our 5th string running back because our 3rd string true freshman RB got hurt in the first half. It's looking like Marcel Murray will be out at least another game also. Just add these guys to our long list.

Any other teams lose players last week?
10-01-2019 11:35 AM
InjunJohn86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
ULM lost TJ Fiailoa for the season. Broken leg during USA game. Hopefully he will get a medical redshirt.
10-01-2019 11:54 AM
Advertisement

BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Cajuns played without DE Chauncey Manac against Georgia Southern with a lower back injury. His status for App State is unknown.
10-01-2019 12:15 PM
EigenEagle Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Our #1 center out for the year.
10-14-2019 07:18 PM
eagleskins Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
No big loss at all. He’s been flinging snaps in the backfield all year. We have been running better on the dive without him, as well.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019 03:16 AM by eagleskins.)
10-15-2019 03:16 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-15-2019 03:16 AM)eagleskins Wrote:  No big loss at all. He’s been flinging snaps in the backfield all year. We have been running better on the dive without him, as well.

Once again, he's had one bad snap this year and it was low. He was not the guy snapping over the QB's head.
10-15-2019 07:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.