Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Traditional vs. Modern vs. Postmodern
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Traditional vs. Modern vs. Postmodern
A different look at the political divide in America. Don't know that I buy it totally, but its an interesting analysis.

https://quillette.com/2019/09/16/underst...alignment/

"Understanding American politics has become increasingly confusing as the old party labels have lost much of their meaning. A simplistic Left vs. Right worldview no longer captures the complexity of what’s going on. As the authors of the October 2017 “Pew Survey of American Political Typologies” write, “[I]n a political landscape increasingly fractured by partisanship, the divisions within the Republican and Democratic coalitions may be as important a factor in American politics as the divisions between them.”

To understand our politics, we need to understand the cultural values that drive it. The integral cultural map developed by philosopher Ken Wilber identifies nine global cultural value systems including the archaic (survival), tribal (shaman), warrior (warlords and gangs), traditional (fundamentalist faith in God), modern (democracy and capitalism), and postmodern (world-centric pluralism). When combined with Pew’s voter typologies, Wilber’s cultural levels offer a new map of America’s political landscape.

Of Wilber’s nine global value systems, the Traditional, Modern, and Postmodern categories are most useful to understanding our moment...."
09-17-2019 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Traditional vs. Modern vs. Postmodern
I believe both parties have two of those values. The Republicans are more tradition and modern, and the Demons are post-modern and warrior (ganglike).
09-17-2019 11:49 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Traditional vs. Modern vs. Postmodern
(09-17-2019 11:49 AM)olliebaba Wrote:  I believe both parties have two of those values. The Republicans are more tradition and modern, and the Demons are post-modern and warrior (ganglike).

I don't think post-modern fits the group of Republicans they describe. They have the same anti-establishment mentality, but they are NOT internationalist.
09-17-2019 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.