Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Latrele Palmer
Bookmark and Share
Jay M. Youix Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU
Latrele Palmer
Wow. i was really impressed.

this guy is a player. yes, i realize he was mainly playing late in the game, and perhaps Morgan State had backups in. what really excited me is that he has fantastic patience and acceleration. the patience is surprising, considering he's a freshman. i can't tell you how many JMU backs i've seen that just run into the OL's butts and bounce backward, especially early in their careers. you could see him wait.... wait.... wait.... then HIT the hole.

when the hole opened up, he has the burst to get through it. i haven't gone back and watched the TV copy yet, but what i saw live was extremely encouraging. no idea how much of a role he'll have this year, but that kid has some raw skill we can work with.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019 08:56 PM by Jay M. Youix.)
09-14-2019 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dukes84 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Latrele Palmer
I was also very impressed by him and the young receivers we've got.
09-14-2019 11:52 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

I agree. We are overstocked with really good running backs. Palmer is a very good one. Big, smart, and fast. At 5'11/228, he is going to run over some folks. I would look at him as our feature back very seriously.
09-15-2019 12:51 PM
JmuDukes4Life Offline
Bench Warmer

Latrele Palmer
(09-14-2019 08:54 PM)Jay M. Youix Wrote:  Wow. i was really impressed.

this guy is a player. yes, i realize he was mainly playing late in the game, and perhaps Morgan State had backups in. what really excited me is that he has fantastic patience and acceleration. the patience is surprising, considering he's a freshman. i can't tell you how many JMU backs i've seen that just run into the OL's butts and bounce backward, especially early in their careers. you could see him wait.... wait.... wait.... then HIT the hole.

when the hole opened up, he has the burst to get through it. i haven't gone back and watched the TV copy yet, but what i saw live was extremely encouraging. no idea how much of a role he'll have this year, but that kid has some raw skill we can work with.

Yep, I agree. When I watched his tape from last year I thought he reminded me a lot of Abdullah. Last night he was very impressive. I’d love to see him get some first team carries this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-15-2019 08:49 PM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

Old article on Palmer, title says it all.

http://www.dnronline.com/dnronline/jmu-r...49e05.html
09-16-2019 07:32 AM
formerjmusprinter84 Offline
1st String

(09-15-2019 12:51 PM)Purple Wrote:  I agree. We are overstocked with really good running backs. Palmer is a very good one. Big, smart, and fast. At 5'11/228, he is going to run over some folks. I would look at him as our feature back very seriously.

Agree, I think he will get more playing time in the upcoming games. He definitely seems like the back we need for short yardage situations and inside the opponents 10 yard line. They mentioned he had been battling a calf injury so hopefully that is healed up.
09-16-2019 07:42 AM
Advertisement

Dukes84 Offline
All American

Both Palmer and Curry flashed on Saturday night and both of those guys are Cignetti recruits that he added late in the process. He's perhaps unconventional in that department (taking unheralded guys at times), but both of those guys look solid in the early going.
09-16-2019 12:42 PM
JMU08 Offline
1st String

(09-16-2019 12:42 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  Both Palmer and Curry flashed on Saturday night and both of those guys are Cignetti recruits that he added late in the process. He's perhaps unconventional in that department (taking unheralded guys at times), but both of those guys look solid in the early going.

Read an article about Saban and Cignetti recruiting and how Saban gives 0 effs about stars. I think my favorite quote was "heavyweights knockout lightweights", and that was basically Saban's recruiting philosophy. I feel like Palmer is a good embodiment of that philosophy.
09-16-2019 01:59 PM
Dukes84 Offline
All American

He also added Polk, a heralded recruit at one point (rated 4 stars) and the Temple d-line transfer. The former, at least, an outstanding addition. The WVU transfer didn't pan out due to injury.
09-16-2019 02:10 PM
Dukester Offline

(09-16-2019 12:42 PM)Dukes84 Wrote:  Both Palmer and Curry flashed on Saturday night and both of those guys are Cignetti recruits that he added late in the process. He's perhaps unconventional in that department (taking unheralded guys at times), but both of those guys look solid in the early going.

That is the way it will happen at our level. There are quality players we have interest in, but will need to wait until they feel we are their best option. If you look at our current recruiting class, it does not look that attractive, but the better players will open up as we get closer to signing periods.
09-16-2019 02:16 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

This was one of their 4 allowed games and will still be redshirted, barring a ton of injuries at the RB position. I would assume.
09-16-2019 02:19 PM
Advertisement

jmu007 Offline
All American

(09-16-2019 02:19 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  This was one of their 4 allowed games and will still be redshirted, barring a ton of injuries at the RB position. I would assume.

Sounds like Palmer has a fan in HCCC. Says he'll be traveling to UT-C this upcoming weekend.
09-16-2019 06:25 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2019 06:25 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  
(09-16-2019 02:19 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  This was one of their 4 allowed games and will still be redshirted, barring a ton of injuries at the RB position. I would assume.

Sounds like Palmer has a fan in HCCC. Says he'll be traveling to UT-C this upcoming weekend.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him in a couple of meaningful 3rd & short situations this week.
09-16-2019 07:04 PM
JmuDukes4Life Offline
Bench Warmer

Latrele Palmer
(09-16-2019 06:25 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  

I’m a solid Palmer fan also and want to see how he does Saturday. He is a punishing runner that doesn’t tap dance in the backfield. I think he has some big upside potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-16-2019 08:14 PM
formerjmusprinter84 Offline
1st String

(09-16-2019 07:42 AM)formerjmusprinter84 Wrote:  
(09-15-2019 12:51 PM)Purple Wrote:  I agree. We are overstocked with really good running backs. Palmer is a very good one. Big, smart, and fast. At 5'11/228, he is going to run over some folks. I would look at him as our feature back very seriously.

Agree, I think he will get more playing time in the upcoming games. He definitely seems like the back we need for short yardage situations and inside the opponents 10 yard line. They mentioned he had been battling a calf injury so hopefully that is healed up.

Palmer needs to get more carries per game in the future. Averaging over 9 yards a tote and NFL size.
10-12-2019 09:12 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I love that it was looking bleak in this game and Cignetti said, "Alright. Let's bring out the big guns. It's time to hit them with all we've got".

Palmer just completely took over the game from thence forward. Wow, what a running back. He's a freshman.
10-12-2019 10:01 PM
Advertisement

DirtyDukes Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud!
Dude he made Nova's All-CAA LB miss on that 69 yard TD run. Made him look silly.
10-13-2019 03:23 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

So guess Palmer's big day and visit to the post game interview puts to rest any notion of a redshirt? Officially Palmer and Austin Douglas have played in 4 games each.
10-13-2019 03:28 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

On 26 carries, Palmer has a ridiculous 9.5 ypc average. Take out the 69-yarder against 'nova and he is still averaging over 7 yards per tote. Crazy good! He needs more carries. He should be getting 15 to 20 per game. The most he has had is 8.
10-13-2019 03:55 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
We are so damn good at RB... now for sure, but i also have trouble thinking of a time in the last...20 years where we have even been thin at RB (and /or) had a QB that chewed up yards

Gonna be really interesting to see the redshirts from this year.

4 more years of Douglas will be awesome... hoping Percy gets yo workhorse status this year
10-13-2019 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.