UCF and USF are at a crossroads
09-10-2019 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: UCF and USF are at a crossroads
Because this wasn't already in the Strong Hotseat thread...

[Image: gallery_10066_1586_47095.jpg]

USFFan
09-10-2019 11:18 AM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

Wow....that is practically the most objective article I have EVER read.

Thank you for sharing....again.03-melodramatic
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 11:28 AM by CyberBull.)
09-10-2019 11:21 AM
Ocalabull Offline
Special Teams

"Now, what type of recruit would want to play in an empty, off-campus stadium? What recruit would want to go to a school where practice will be cancelled because of weather on a regular basis? What recruit would choose USF over UCF based on their facilities? None."

Yet, we are out recruiting ucf this year...
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 11:31 AM by Ocalabull.)
09-10-2019 11:31 AM
NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(09-10-2019 11:21 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  Wow....that is practically the most objective article I have EVER read.

Because of course we can’t have anyone who “objectively” sees that the UCF football program is heading in an entirely different direction than the usf football program.
09-10-2019 11:32 AM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

(09-10-2019 11:18 AM)usffan Wrote:  Because this wasn't already in the Strong Hotseat thread...

[Image: gallery_10066_1586_47095.jpg]

USFFan
I'm sorry I didn't spend an hour looking through every thread to see if someone ready posted it....
09-10-2019 11:36 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2019 11:32 AM)NestaKnight1 Wrote:  
(09-10-2019 11:21 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  Wow....that is practically the most objective article I have EVER read.

Because of course we can’t have anyone who “objectively” sees that the UCF football program is heading in an entirely different direction than the usf football program.

What's wrong, Nesta - you ignored my pointing out that this wasn't fact based and want to make this sound objective without refuting that much of that is opinion and not actually data driven.

Has C. Florida spent more than USF? Obviously. Is C. Florida's program currently in better shape than USF's? I certainly believe so. But that article goes well beyond that. Just look at OcalaBull's line he pulled out if you don't want to admit the other. How can you write a paragraph like that if it's not actually substantiated by fact?

This writer is likely Mike Bianchi's illegitimate son or something...

USFFan
09-10-2019 11:37 AM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Merge function isn't working so please take a look to see if articles have been posted previously before starting a new thread.
09-10-2019 11:40 AM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

It's UCF nation click bait. If I were a journalist or my job depended on web traffic, I would write one of these articles talking about how UCF was better than USF every day.

Clearly UCF and UH have spent a lot of money on football and we see they are reaping the benefits from an athletics perspective.

I think many in USF administration assume "American Tackle Football" won't even be a "thing" in 20-30 years so I doubt success on the field is really a high priority to them. It is what it is.
09-10-2019 12:45 PM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
Good grief- UCF is having success. How wonderful.

Our conference needs a strong UCF, USF, ECU, Temple, Memphis, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Navy, Tulsa, and Cincinnati.

Whether USF has her own stadium is not the issue. USF hires what she perceives as good hires. Most of us felt Charlie Strong was a good hire.

The Bulls will enjoy conference championships in the future. The schools will all have dream seasons.
09-10-2019 12:56 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
Both schools have been crisscrossing since the '90's
09-10-2019 01:44 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2019 12:56 PM)chess Wrote:  Good grief- UCF is having success. How wonderful.

Our conference needs a strong UCF, USF, ECU, Temple, Memphis, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Navy, Tulsa, and Cincinnati.

Whether USF has her own stadium is not the issue. USF hires what she perceives as good hires. Most of us felt Charlie Strong was a good hire.

The Bulls will enjoy conference championships in the future. The schools will all have dream seasons.

DON'T FORCE YOUR GENDER NORMS ON US!!!!!!!!

USFFan
09-10-2019 01:46 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(09-10-2019 11:31 AM)Ocalabull Wrote:  "Now, what type of recruit would want to play in an empty, off-campus stadium? What recruit would want to go to a school where practice will be cancelled because of weather on a regular basis? What recruit would choose USF over UCF based on their facilities? None."

Yet, we are out recruiting ucf this year...

I think the bigger question is what type of recruit would go to just about the only landlocked place on a giant peninsula full of beachy FBS teams?
09-10-2019 01:49 PM
Advertisement

thedrowsyowl Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple
This is a pretty badly written article. The points aren’t necessarily wrong, but the author didn’t really try to hide his homerism which is unprofessional for what’s supposed to be a neutral sports blog. If this were the UCF blog I’d expect it, but Underdog Dynasty is supposed to cover the teams fairly and equally.
09-10-2019 02:31 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(09-10-2019 02:31 PM)thedrowsyowl Wrote:  This is a pretty badly written article. The points aren’t necessarily wrong, but the author didn’t really try to hide his homerism which is unprofessional for what’s supposed to be a neutral sports blog. If this were the UCF blog I’d expect it, but Underdog Dynasty is supposed to cover the teams fairly and equally.

Thought it was fair article. USF with the talent in Tampa should be a high level team. Now that we are in the same conference I root for them in OOC, but they are making the mistakes that UCF made years ago. A bunch of 2-1's, off campus, and hiring issues.
09-10-2019 02:41 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(09-10-2019 02:41 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(09-10-2019 02:31 PM)thedrowsyowl Wrote:  This is a pretty badly written article. The points aren’t necessarily wrong, but the author didn’t really try to hide his homerism which is unprofessional for what’s supposed to be a neutral sports blog. If this were the UCF blog I’d expect it, but Underdog Dynasty is supposed to cover the teams fairly and equally.

Thought it was fair article. USF with the talent in Tampa should be a high level team. Now that we are in the same conference I root for them in OOC, but they are making the mistakes that UCF made years ago. A bunch of 2-1's, off campus, and hiring issues.

that article wasnt in the realm of fair ...it was clearly written by a ucf fan

anyone with eyes can see ucf and usf are heading in opposite directions but the artice takes it a step way too far

it overhypes ucf's accomplishments, pretends usf doesnt have accomplishments..it gives ucf credit for rumors

you wouldnt realize usf was top 25 2 years ago from this article...from this article youd think ucf was destroying usf in recruiting..ucf is very marginally recruiting better than USF..and ucf is currently wining and usf isnt ..most of usf commits have ucf offers
09-10-2019 03:10 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Coach P has spoken.
09-10-2019 03:26 PM
NestaKnight1 Offline
1st String

(09-10-2019 11:37 AM)usffan Wrote:  
(09-10-2019 11:32 AM)NestaKnight1 Wrote:  

What's wrong, Nesta - you ignored my pointing out that this wasn't fact based and want to make this sound objective without refuting that much of that is opinion and not actually data driven.

Has C. Florida spent more than USF? Obviously. Is C. Florida's program currently in better shape than USF's? I certainly believe so. But that article goes well beyond that. Just look at OcalaBull's line he pulled out if you don't want to admit the other. How can you write a paragraph like that if it's not actually substantiated by fact?

This writer is likely Mike Bianchi's illegitimate son or something...

USFFan

It’s both. Chock full o’facts, and then the writer’s opinion based upon the facts. Please don’t make me recite all of the facts about UCF championships, IDPF, $ spent on facilities, NY6 bowl games/victories etc.. but yeah there’s a little opinion somewhere in the article. Lol
Btw, Bianchi is a jort wearing yahoo G’ville homer.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2019 04:54 PM by NestaKnight1.)
09-10-2019 04:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.