WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Official Georgia St Panthers @ Western Michigan Broncos Gameday Thread!!!
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
The Official Georgia St Panthers @ Western Michigan Broncos Gameday Thread!!!
Who: Western Michigan Broncos & Georgia St Panthers
Records: WMU 1-1, Georgia St 2-0
Where: Waldo Stadium
When: This Saturday, 7pm kickoff

Let's try to put that loss in the rearview mirror and redeem ourselves vs an improving Georgia St team. Need to go at least 2-2 out-of-conference. Should be out for blood. Go Broncos!

Prediction:
Georgia St 35
Western Michigan 38

Going to give up a lot of points, but I'll take Wassink. Expect the game to be similar vs our tilts vs Bowling Green St and Miami last year.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 06:08 PM by Bronco'14.)
09-08-2019 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

floridabronco Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU #1
RE: The Official Georgia St Panthers @ Western Michigan Broncos Gameday Thread!!!
Broncos 48-47.
09-08-2019 06:23 PM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
RE: The Official Georgia St Panthers @ Western Michigan Broncos Gameday Thread!!!
GA State 44
W Mich 41
09-08-2019 08:26 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

We gonna get run over
09-08-2019 08:28 PM
Fthechips Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Mich
I hope we lose so they fire Lester
09-08-2019 08:29 PM
Rasser Offline
Banned

I Root For: World peas
(09-08-2019 06:23 PM)floridabronco Wrote:  Broncos 48-47.

The Fleck fans above aside, I’m behind our alumnus coach and think we win 42-30
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 08:48 PM by Rasser.)
09-08-2019 08:45 PM
Advertisement

Rasser Offline
Banned

I Root For: World peas
(09-08-2019 08:28 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  We gonna get run over

No we not Holmes.03-drunk
09-08-2019 08:50 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

FCS Furman put up 500+ yards and 42 points on GSU. Their defense is also allowing an average of 311 passing yards per game. What do you think Wassink is going to do to them?

WMU - 49
GSU - 27
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 08:56 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
09-08-2019 08:52 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

49-30 WMU
09-08-2019 09:33 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

38-31, game winning TD drive.
09-08-2019 09:36 PM
Bronco42 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WMU BRONCOS
OU hasnt been released, but WMU opened 11 point favorites ! The oddsmakers giving us a ton of respect here. OVER UNDER hasn’t been released, but I’m expecting it to about 72 points. Think this is a shootout and goes OVER. If it is anything lower than 75 think it’s a great play on the OVER, again. We will throw all over GA STATE, I think on the other end they’ll feast on our defense.... 41-35 Broncos win, don’t cover the 11.
09-09-2019 01:08 AM
Advertisement

induction Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-09-2019 01:08 AM)Bronco42 Wrote:  OU hasnt been released, but WMU opened 11 point favorites ! The oddsmakers giving us a ton of respect here. OVER UNDER hasn’t been released, but I’m expecting it to about 72 points. Think this is a shootout and goes OVER. If it is anything lower than 75 think it’s a great play on the OVER, again. We will throw all over GA STATE, I think on the other end they’ll feast on our defense.... 41-35 Broncos win, don’t cover the 11.

O/U is opening at 63
09-09-2019 08:26 AM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

Big win on band night! Just need to force 1 punt, LOL

WMU 45
GS 38
09-09-2019 11:45 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

If we can get to the QB like we did last year on the road against this team will be required. We handled them rather well on the road and we are familiar with their offense. Remember... MSU was running a new offensive scheme that had new wrinkles from last year and really didn't show much against Tulsa...

I am not making any excuses... just stating that it will be easier for the defense to do homework BEFORE this game... not during it... I think we make some strides this week. We give up some big plays but lock down for the most part. After the MSU game I was in a dark place and knee jerked a reactionary "we are going to get stomped" post... After some reflection...

WMU - 38
GaState - 24

I am just as concerned about our running game as I am our defense. If we continue to prove we cant run the ball it's going to make Jon's job that much more difficult. I think Bellamy finally gets going this weekend. 145 total yards and a TD. 110yds rushing and 35 yds receiving.
09-09-2019 12:15 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(09-09-2019 12:15 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  If we can get to the QB like we did last year on the road against this team will be required. We handled them rather well on the road and we are familiar with their offense. Remember... MSU was running a new offensive scheme that had new wrinkles from last year and really didn't show much against Tulsa...

I am not making any excuses... just stating that it will be easier for the defense to do homework BEFORE this game... not during it... I think we make some strides this week. We give up some big plays but lock down for the most part. After the MSU game I was in a dark place and knee jerked a reactionary "we are going to get stomped" post... After some reflection...

WMU - 38
GaState - 24

I am just as concerned about our running game as I am our defense. If we continue to prove we cant run the ball it's going to make Jon's job that much more difficult. I think Bellamy finally gets going this weekend. 145 total yards and a TD. 110yds rushing and 35 yds receiving.

The run game is fine. I don't understand everyone's concern. Monmouth sold out to stop it, hence a career day for our freshmen receivers. Smart move on their part, but our receivers were not as raw as they hoped. MSU has perhaps the best rushing defense in the country, and we were able to get some consistent gains.

We have four of the five linemen from last year, the same running back, the same QB calling the game, and the same scheme. We'll be fine like we were last year. If GAST sells out to stop the run, fine by me: death by Bussell.

The defense is the sole concern right now.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019 12:44 PM by RunningGame.)
09-09-2019 12:42 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I'm also concerned with Wassink's reads.. he's always had a beautiful deep ball but has struggled at times with timing routes and will make head-scratching decisions at times. This has been and will be mitigated by some very poor MAC defenses but has the potential to rear its head in some big situations.

You wonder if this could've been improved on had he not been injured so much.
09-09-2019 12:47 PM
Advertisement

uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
WMU 51
Georgia State 24
09-09-2019 12:55 PM
Broncos83 Online
All American

My only concern with the run game is with the way we’re using Bellamy. Don’t really see him as a “between the tackles” guy. Can’t seem to break tackles or dodge defenders. Going down at first contact. Open space is the key for him. Would like to see more of the freshman RB...can’t think of his name. He’s got a nice burst. Need a down hill interior runner...maybe Tucker can fill that role. Some guys just have a knack. Bogan was money on 3rd or 4th and short! Expecting a breakout game from Bellamy soon though.
09-09-2019 01:13 PM
Fthechips Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Mich
(09-09-2019 12:15 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  If we can get to the QB like we did last year on the road against this team will be required. We handled them rather well on the road and we are familiar with their offense. Remember... MSU was running a new offensive scheme that had new wrinkles from last year and really didn't show much against Tulsa...

WMU - 38
GaState - 24

This season is literally going to be identical to last year. Blowout loss to MSU, shootout loss to Cuse, a fake feel good game against FCS, beat a bad central team, big loses to Toledo and OU. And the rest is a crap shoot.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019 03:23 PM by Fthechips.)
09-09-2019 02:12 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I'm not in the prediction business or a gambler, but I believe we'll be 2-1 after Saturday night.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019 03:28 PM by MajorHoople.)
09-09-2019 03:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.