Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Day Experience Power Rankings
Bookmark and Share
StatesboroBluesman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA. Southern
So we all know YAC and Touchdowns are important but equally important is taking advantage of the opportunity for feasting, drink, and being merry. List your top tailgate experience, food, and refreshments from this weeks game.

Here’s mine:

Experience - seeing freedom take an extra long flight around the stadium (must have needed to stretch his wings), seeing the other season ticket holders for a third season after what seemed like the longest offseason (Section 103 represent), and spending the whole day with the folks who are also alums.

Food - got to go with Wild Wings Cafe on this one General Tso chicken wings and Leopold’s Ice Cream ( True Blue Flavor - Lemon Custard with blue berries and almonds

Drink - Blue Moon and Game Day Mimosas
09-08-2019 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
By far the best experience in 10 years of going to GSU home games.

Parking was to me flawless.

Game entry didn't seem to have any problems. Far more entry points than trying to get 15k -25k through one gate in the past.

I saw no long lines for concessions. No 40 minutes of the game missed while in line.

Also heard several day the outside the stadium piece was flawless, from the tailgates in parking lots to the new tailgate tents in Victory Plaza and the Student Tailgate in Statehouse Grill (the former Braves Chop House). Also many partook of pregamind bar crawl on Georgia Ave.

The presentation was also great. Love the fireworks after a score was great and love the train horn on 3rd down and after a score.

Really like the new announcer who came from the Falcons. He really did a great job of keeping the crowd engaged.

Don't know what others saw from their vantage points

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 12:12 PM by panama.)
09-08-2019 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Game Day Experience Power Rankings
I have to say I was pretty disappointed with ours. I was late so missed all the tailgate shenanigans but it looked like it was a blast. But the in stadium experience seemed weak even for us. I guess its hard to blame people for not showing up with how we've been the psst few years but it was like a funwral in there for most of the 2nd half. The students did a good job though. I was surprised how many stayed for the whole game.

I guess I'm getting old but i felt like a dinosaur at the square afterwards even though I'm in my late 20s. All things aside, our scenery is unmatched. Like seemingly every girl was an 8 or higher.
09-08-2019 12:39 PM
itsmeagain Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
(09-08-2019 12:09 PM)panama Wrote:  By far the best experience in 10 years of going to GSU home games.

Parking was to me flawless.

Game entry didn't seem to have any problems. Far more entry points than trying to get 15k -25k through one gate in the past.

I saw no long lines for concessions. No 40 minutes of the game missed while in line.

Also heard several day the outside the stadium piece was flawless, from the tailgates in parking lots to the new tailgate tents in Victory Plaza and the Student Tailgate in Statehouse Grill (the former Braves Chop House). Also many partook of pregamind bar crawl on Georgia Ave.

The presentation was also great. Love the fireworks after a score was great and love the train horn on 3rd down and after a score.

Really like the new announcer who came from the Falcons. He really did a great job of keeping the crowd engaged.

Don't know what others saw from their vantage points

Yeah I've got to say, it felt like a big time atmosphere. The fireworks made it feel like a real celebration. While the stadium wasn't full, all but the south stands were, and it felt great. The tailgating inside of the gates really helped hype everything up as you walked in. If every game was like this, I'd feel great about game day atmosphere
09-08-2019 12:47 PM
panama Offline
Legend

My wife just echoed your Big Time atmosphere comment.

The bad part is not playing at home again until October 5th. But if yesterday was your first GSU Football experience ever or in a long while I would imagine you would want to come back.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019 01:10 PM by panama.)
09-08-2019 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Our game day experience is no where near what it use to be. Several factors involved, but the real truth is we have some ****** fans.
09-08-2019 06:26 PM
Advertisement

Duggie35 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UL
(09-08-2019 06:26 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  Our game day experience is no where near what it use to be. Several factors involved, but the real truth is we have some ****** fans.

I to am disappointed with the drop off in Tailgating activities at UL. We are still doing our best to continue the tradition, but many have fallen off of the bandwagon. It is certainly not what it was just a few short years ago. Hopefully with the improvement being shown by the team, some will jump back on.
09-09-2019 11:02 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

It looks like the Georgia Ave strip is coming along. So if you wanted to go to a brewery 2 blocks away, it is open now. And pretty tasty. Along with some good BBQ and pizza.

Summerhill's Next Act

Big Softie - Ice Cream shop
68 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
https://www.bigsoftieatl.com/

Little Tart Bakery
68 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
http://www.littletartatl.com/location/summerhill/

Little Bear Restarant(coming soon)
71 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
https://littlebearatl.com/

Junior's Pizza
77 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
https://www.juniorspizzaatl.com/

Wood's Chapel BBQ
85 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
http://www.woodschapelbbq.com/

Halfway Crooks Brewery
60 Georgia Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
https://halfwaycrooks.beer/ (Website is... well.. different)
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019 01:01 PM by StanMolsonMan.)
09-09-2019 12:57 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

Seriously SunBelt visitors, try the Wood's Chapel BBQ that's right across the stadium. Legit BBQ
09-09-2019 01:09 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I dont eat almost anyone's Bbq because I can make my own. But these guys are the real deal.

09-09-2019 01:23 PM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
Where are all the Georgia State fan's coming from?
09-09-2019 04:47 PM
Advertisement

eagleskins Offline
1st String

Georgia barbecue is by and large terrible
09-10-2019 03:19 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(09-10-2019 03:19 AM)eagleskins Wrote:  Georgia barbecue is by and large terrible

03-yawn
09-10-2019 06:12 AM
StatesboroBluesman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA. Southern
(09-10-2019 06:12 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  
(09-10-2019 03:19 AM)eagleskins Wrote:  Georgia barbecue is by and large terrible

03-yawn

Ever tried a place called Southern Soul on St. Simons? I promise you it will change your mind. It’s so popular you got to have a time slot if you’re ordering g a spread for game day.
09-10-2019 06:59 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(09-10-2019 06:59 AM)StatesboroBluesman Wrote:  

03-yawn

Ever tried a place called Southern Soul on St. Simons? I promise you it will change your mind. It’s so popular you got to have a time slot if you’re ordering g a spread for game day.

To clarify, I was 03-yawn at his comment.

Love me some GA BBQ.
09-10-2019 07:12 AM
panama Offline
Legend

?????

09-10-2019 08:25 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(09-10-2019 07:12 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  
(09-10-2019 06:59 AM)StatesboroBluesman Wrote:  

03-yawn

To clarify, I was 03-yawn at his comment.

Love me some GA BBQ.
Thank You Sir

09-10-2019 08:26 AM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
I've never had bad BBQ in Georgia. North Carolina is another story.
09-10-2019 08:46 AM
ChattValleyTrojan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy and Auburn

Must have never been to Columbus, easily the best barbecue in the state. Any specifics that are terrible?
09-10-2019 08:55 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(09-10-2019 08:46 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  I've never had bad BBQ in Georgia. North Carolina is another story.

I have.

Fresh Air in Macon, Fincher's in Warner Robins to name a couple. And honestly, I'll probably get stoned for this but I was never really impressed with Vandy's in Statesboro....not that it was bad, I've just had better.

Georgia Bob's here in Middle Georgia was also way better back when they were just in the gas station before they branched out to multiple locations.

Georgia bbq isn't for everyone though, I'll admit. But just because you're at a barbecue place in Georgia it isn't necessarily "Georgia barbecue" either.
09-10-2019 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.