ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadium Improvements
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Stadium Improvements
Helpful Suggestions
The ribbon display that gives down and distance is to small. You can clearly see the score but the quarter, down and distance font needs to be bigger.
Better mic for DJ, less DJ
The Crazy White Video bass thing should happen after every touchdown
Security needs to clear the vomitoriums, things of people just standing there is a fire hazard and makes the game unwatchable for some folks.
Steps up to 2nd level could be twice as wide, very congested and blocked by some people in line for food.

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app
08-31-2019 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Monarch1987 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ODU
RE: Stadium Improvements
Well I spent the entire third quarter in line at the concession stand. The shuttle service around campus is a joke. They could reduce the number of pedestrians if they used about 4-5 HRT Buses to route 49th—Hampton—43rd—Powhatan. Keep one lane for them to circulate. That Brown and White Lot is a haul.
08-31-2019 10:55 PM
LetsGoODU Offline
1st String

Seemed like no concession stands had any food until 6pm which was weird.
08-31-2019 10:56 PM
FTW ODU Offline
1st String

You could not see the down and distance on any board other then the main scoreboard. I was in the endzone for half the game and I had no clue what the down and distance was since the font was so freaking small. They should flash a down and distance that takes up a full panel on the west and east banners.
08-31-2019 11:42 PM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

The sound was awful on the top few rows on the west side. Muffled and echoy. Hope they point some speakers with a delay toward that area by next game. I was very happy with the seat backs. The ribbon boards were a nice addition too.
08-31-2019 11:51 PM
ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

I wish we had an out of town scoreboard. Obviously fix the DJ's mike...

Love the stadium!!!
08-31-2019 11:53 PM
Advertisement

bigblueodu Offline
1st String

(08-31-2019 11:42 PM)FTW ODU Wrote:  You could not see the down and distance on any board other then the main scoreboard. I was in the endzone for half the game and I had no clue what the down and distance was since the font was so freaking small. They should flash a down and distance that takes up a full panel on the west and east banners.
I mentioned this as well
Seems like an easy fix

09-01-2019 12:14 AM
xxxoduxxx Offline
2nd String

I Root For: XXXODUXXX
I like the brick's texture on the outside of the stadium. It gives a vibe to the old foreman field. But on TV, the ones inside, on bottom of the East and West stands looks too plain and simple. I think it would look better with the blue padding and having sponsor names on white color text lik eon SEZ and NEZ.
09-01-2019 12:19 AM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

What the hell is the
Johnston Game Day Football Tunnel?

09-01-2019 02:03 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

Stadium Improvements
While the stadium was a little better than last year, had they put out a real fair opportunity request for proposals, I am confident they could have done a lot better for the money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019 06:08 AM by EverRespect.)
09-01-2019 06:07 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

Stadium Improvements
I'm in the drip zone under the ribbon scoreboard. A bottle of water fell through and landed a foot away from me. I have a feeling that would have sucked. Now seriously reconsidering ever bringing my 7mo old to a game as long as we are in these seats. Since it's a safety hazard I plan on sending this to odu as well, not sure who though.

[Image: 741b590ec6cde63511cfea1eb8346f82.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019 08:13 AM by odu09.)
09-01-2019 07:03 AM
Advertisement

Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(09-01-2019 06:07 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  While the stadium was a little better than last year, had they put out a real fair opportunity request for proposals, I am confident they could have done a lot better for the money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry but every person or company in the US had an opportunity through the Acquisition process to submit a formal protest if you felt it was unfair. I do agree we could have probably gotten better finishes and perhaps a few better quality hardware however we would have likely not been able to build the facility in the time allotted.
09-01-2019 07:17 AM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(09-01-2019 07:03 AM)odu09 Wrote:  I'm in the drip zone under the ribbon scoreboard. A bottle of water fell through and landed a foot away from me. I have a feeling that would have sucked. Now seriously reconsidering ever bringing my 7mo old to a game as long as we are in these seats. Since it's a safety hazard I plan on sending this to odu as well, not sure who though.[Image: 741b590ec6cde63511cfea1eb8346f82.jpg]

Wait until it rains and people have muddy and dirty water dripping on them. That is why we chose a different location to sit. Aluminum structures are known for leaking and having larger gaps because they have to allow for Thermal expansion.
09-01-2019 07:20 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2019 07:20 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(09-01-2019 07:03 AM)odu09 Wrote:  I'm in the drip zone under the ribbon scoreboard. A bottle of water fell through and landed a foot away from me. I have a feeling that would have sucked. Now seriously reconsidering ever bringing my 7mo old to a game as long as we are in these seats. Since it's a safety hazard I plan on sending this to odu as well, not sure who though.

Wait until it rains and people have muddy and dirty water dripping on them. That is why we chose a different location to sit. Aluminum structures are known for leaking and having larger gaps because they have to allow for Thermal expansion.
Yep. Took a gamble with these seats, thought we'd just make the cut and be under. Gamble failed
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019 08:14 AM by odu09.)
09-01-2019 07:37 AM
MONARCHSWIN Offline
1st String

We got in to the stadium early, as suggested. Had time to take a few photos in front of the "we were there" sign, got in the concession line at 6:20 and only took 5 minutes to get our beverages and head up to our seats. All in all pretty good!
Two issues with me - 1. We could not hear the referee's when announcing penalties. It sounded like they were not even connected to any speakers on the east side. 2. Men's room on the ground level east side is very small with a big line after the game and no towels or hand dryers, so had to drip dry.
Otherwise, a great experience. We are looking forward to many happy years in the new place!
04-cheers
09-01-2019 07:44 AM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2019 07:37 AM)odu09 Wrote:  
(09-01-2019 07:20 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(09-01-2019 07:03 AM)odu09 Wrote:  I'm in the drip zone under the ribbon scoreboard. A bottle of water fell through and landed a foot away from me. I have a feeling that would have sucked. Now seriously reconsidering ever bringing my 7mo old to a game as long as we are in these seats. Since it's a safety hazard I plan on sending this to odu as well, not sure who though.[Image: 741b590ec6cde63511cfea1eb8346f82.jpg]

Yep. Took a gamble with these seats, thought we'd just make the cut and be under. Gamble failed

I'm right above ya and a guy during the light show puked due to the lights flicking. I was like 03-puke for the people below us.
09-01-2019 07:45 AM
Advertisement

odu09 Offline
Heisman

Oh my. Really hope they consider adding a drip tray/gutter system under it for that reason. Doubtful they will though, not exactly an easy fix.
09-01-2019 08:17 AM
Grommet Offline
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong

My son mentioned there was water leaking under the west side concourse and that it was coming out through the light fixtures between concessions.
09-01-2019 08:21 AM
timodu76 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: old dominion
no bathrooms on the top level. we are in W214 had to find one on the 1st floor, lot of going up and the done the stairs, need more concessions on the top level they only sold water and soft drinks, no cups of ice no food
gets very crowded in stair wells when leaving after the game was over

field view was great
09-01-2019 09:03 AM
GotLabradors Offline
Special Teams

(09-01-2019 07:03 AM)odu09 Wrote:  I'm in the drip zone under the ribbon scoreboard. A bottle of water fell through and landed a foot away from me. I have a feeling that would have sucked. Now seriously reconsidering ever bringing my 7mo old to a game as long as we are in these seats. Since it's a safety hazard I plan on sending this to odu as well, not sure who though.

I would send an email to your ODAF rep, Selig, and whoever the facilities manager is for the Steve. This is the kind of feedback they need to correct the problems. Putting a gutter system there as another poster suggested would be a simple fix. We were in 111. I enjoyed the leg room compared to Foreman field. I was not impressed with the available wifi and the merchandise store on the west side left a lot to be desired. The concessions stand need better signage. I had no idea there was a self-serve counter you could walk up to until I had spent almost all of half-time in the line. There were speakers at the concession stand that I assume were supposed to pipe in the sound from the action on the field, but you couldn't hear anything that was coming from them. We didn't really hear the DJ and the play by play from Ankerson was muffled as usual.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019 09:20 AM by GotLabradors.)
09-01-2019 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.