Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Title IX is an Obsolete Relic
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Title IX is an Obsolete Relic
June, the "Female" athlete, is competing at a lower tier D1 school. I've said it before, how long before some irrelevant lower tier school decides to become a national player in women's sports by fielding an all male-to-female transgendered basketball or softball team? Hormone suppression might lower the competitive advantage slightly, but you can't eliminate height and weight advantages.

Quote:A biologically male runner in the NCAA’s top division is competing in women’s cross country this fall.

June Eastwood, who identifies as a transgender woman, will represent the University of Montana at a cross country meet Saturday.

“Our goal is to be supportive of all student-athletes. I understand there will be varying opinions,” university athletic director Kent Haslam told the Daily Caller News Foundation in an email. “We have followed the NCAA bylaws and policies in place when it comes to inclusion of transgender student-athletes and participation in intercollegiate athletic competition.”

“I am not in a position to know if June will gain an unfair advantage. It is not my area of expertise and therefore we rely on the policies as set by the NCAA,” Haslam added.

NCAA policy requires male runners who identify as transgender women to suppress testosterone levels for a full calendar year before competing in women’s athletics. The NCAA published an explainer in 2011 calling it “not well founded” to assume “that being born with a male body automatically gives a transgender woman an unfair advantage when competing against non-transgender women.”

Run June Run
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019 10:26 AM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
08-30-2019 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Title IX is an Obsolete Relic
I'm just waiting for that swift condemnation from God on our sinfulness. Because brother that's exactly what it is.
08-30-2019 10:30 AM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Funny. I saw low tier D1 school and thought you were posting about Marshall 03-wink03-wink

I kid!
08-30-2019 10:33 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
If I were a head coach load up on fake trannys.
08-30-2019 10:55 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(08-30-2019 10:55 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  If I were a head coach load up on fake trannys.

It would be hard to do in volleyball. With those tight short shorts the bulge would be very noticeable and who knows there might be an accident or two.

03-wink

Tulane, Redwing and Tommie would be avid spectators to that. Ha, ha.
08-30-2019 10:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.