ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Streaming options to view FB/MBB games
Petey Hodge Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
Streaming options to view FB/MBB games
Figured we should have a weekly site for our-of-town Monarchs to follow the action.

I’ll go first.

Anyone got a link (reddit?) for NSU game?
08-29-2019 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Roy Munson Offline
Special Teams

RE: Streaming options to view FB/MBB games
ESPN3.
08-29-2019 10:08 AM
Petey Hodge Offline
All American

Yassss!!!!!
08-29-2019 10:11 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I've got an ESPN3 question.

I'll be at beautiful Smith Mountain Lake for the holiday weekend and there's no internet service at the house. So my plan is to watch it on my phone via my cellular service, I've got a Sprint unlimited data plan and it's usually fast enough there to stream. I should be able to use an internet login credentials to get access to ESPN3 through the ESPN app though, right? Would I enter those credentials in the TV provider section? I don't see another area on the app for Internet provider.
08-29-2019 12:56 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(08-29-2019 12:56 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  I've got an ESPN3 question.

I'll be at beautiful Smith Mountain Lake for the holiday weekend and there's no internet service at the house. So my plan is to watch it on my phone via my cellular service, I've got a Sprint unlimited data plan and it's usually fast enough there to stream. I should be able to use an internet login credentials to get access to ESPN3 through the ESPN app though, right? Would I enter those credentials in the TV provider section? I don't see another area on the app for Internet provider.

Correct. You'll then be asked to login to your ISP. It then shares with ESPN what you're paying for and that decides your level of access on the ESPN app.
08-29-2019 01:01 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(08-29-2019 01:01 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 12:56 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  I've got an ESPN3 question.

Correct. You'll then be asked to login to your ISP. It then shares with ESPN what you're paying for and that decides your level of access on the ESPN app.

Cool thanks. I figured but didn't want any surprises.
08-29-2019 01:07 PM
Advertisement

ODU_NYG Offline
All American

Since you have unlimited data, you may be able to use your phone as a wifi hot spot and stream it to a lap top or a TV (or anything with a larger screen if you don't want to watch on your phone).
08-29-2019 02:03 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(08-29-2019 02:03 PM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  Since you have unlimited data, you may be able to use your phone as a wifi hot spot and stream it to a lap top or a TV (or anything with a larger screen if you don't want to watch on your phone).

No. I guess that’s part of the unlimited deal. You can use all you want on your phone but I can’t make it a hot spot.

A lightning to HDMI cable might work for ESPN App, it doesn’t for Netflix though.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019 02:59 PM by mturn017.)
08-29-2019 02:57 PM
ODU2K1 Online
1st String

Depending on where you will be (house vs. hotel or rv) the cable box may get ESPN3. I did a quick check tonight and ESPN3 is now baked into my Cox Contour box and I know the same is true with some Comcast boxes.
08-29-2019 04:33 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
(08-29-2019 04:33 PM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  Depending on where you will be (house vs. hotel or rv) the cable box may get ESPN3. I did a quick check tonight and ESPN3 is now baked into my Cox Contour box and I know the same is true with some Comcast boxes.

Can report Verizon's boxes do not do that.
08-29-2019 07:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUalum78 Offline
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(08-29-2019 02:57 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 02:03 PM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  Since you have unlimited data, you may be able to use your phone as a wifi hot spot and stream it to a lap top or a TV (or anything with a larger screen if you don't want to watch on your phone).

No. I guess that’s part of the unlimited deal. You can use all you want on your phone but I can’t make it a hot spot.

A lightning to HDMI cable might work for ESPN App, it doesn’t for Netflix though.
Chromecast

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
08-29-2019 07:32 PM
Advertisement

AimHigher Offline
Heisman

Having good luck watching tonights games with http://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/

I'd suggest using old devices when stream from unknown sources.
08-29-2019 07:58 PM
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

(08-29-2019 04:33 PM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  Depending on where you will be (house vs. hotel or rv) the cable box may get ESPN3. I did a quick check tonight and ESPN3 is now baked into my Cox Contour box and I know the same is true with some Comcast boxes.

Good to know...but y'all know how cyber helpless I am. How do I get to ESPN 3 on contour. Do I just speak into the remote asking for it or is it listed as a channel? Thanks!
08-29-2019 08:10 PM
xxxoduxxx Offline
2nd String

I Root For: XXXODUXXX
Current viewing for Football

vs Norfolk state----ESPN 3
at Virginia Tech ----ESPNU
at Virginia-----------TBD
vs EC(Eweee)-------ESPN+
vs WKbooo----------ESPN+
at Marshall----------Stadium
vs UAB---------------ESPN+
vs FAU---------------ESPN+
at FIU----------------ESPN+
vs UTSA-------------ESPN3
at MTSue------------ESPN3
vs Charlotte---------ESPN+

First Tier Games (2 games)
ESPNU : Tech
TBA : UVA

Second Tier Games (7 games)
ESPN+ : EC(Ewee), WKbooo, UAB, FAU, FIU, Charlotte
Stadium: Marshal

Third Tier Games: (3 games)
ESPN3 : Norfolk state, UTSA, MTSue
08-29-2019 08:46 PM
ODU2K1 Online
1st String

(08-29-2019 08:10 PM)Monarch Homselr Wrote:  

Good to know...but y'all know how cyber helpless I am. How do I get to ESPN 3 on contour. Do I just speak into the remote asking for it or is it listed as a channel? Thanks!

Saying “Old Dominion” into your remote should work. Then select the Old Dominion football option and it will bring up the NSU game and the game at Tech next week on ESPNU.
08-29-2019 08:54 PM
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

(08-29-2019 08:54 PM)ODU2K1 Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 08:10 PM)Monarch Homselr Wrote:  

Saying “Old Dominion” into your remote should work. Then select the Old Dominion football option and it will bring up the NSU game and the game at Tech next week on ESPNU.

Thanks!
08-30-2019 10:51 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

So....I tried to login using by brother’s Verizon Fios credentials on the app on my phone. He has internet service through Verizon but not cable service. When I logged in it said I needed a plan with an ESPN subscription (I.e. TV subscription) but for ESPN3 it’s based on internet provider I thought. Anybody know what the deal is?

My brother’s girlfriend has a Sling subscription so I should be good but just wondering what’s happening with the ESPN App.
08-31-2019 11:19 AM
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

(08-31-2019 11:19 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  So....I tried to login using by brother’s Verizon Fios credentials on the app on my phone. He has internet service through Verizon but not cable service. When I logged in it said I needed a plan with an ESPN subscription (I.e. TV subscription) but for ESPN3 it’s based on internet provider I thought. Anybody know what the deal is?

My brother’s girlfriend has a Sling subscription so I should be good but just wondering what’s happening with the ESPN App.

I have a lot of good luck using twitter right now! Watching the Lane train derailment right now while driving up to Norfolk!!! https://twitter.com/grandmastreamss
08-31-2019 11:24 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(08-31-2019 11:24 AM)AimHigh Wrote:  
(08-31-2019 11:19 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  So....I tried to login using by brother’s Verizon Fios credentials on the app on my phone. He has internet service through Verizon but not cable service. When I logged in it said I needed a plan with an ESPN subscription (I.e. TV subscription) but for ESPN3 it’s based on internet provider I thought. Anybody know what the deal is?

I have a lot of good luck using twitter right now! Watching the Lane train derailment right now while driving up to Norfolk!!! https://twitter.com/grandmastreamss

I seem to be set for tonight. My brother downloaded the Sling app onto his work tablet and his girlfriend logged in. ESPN3 working like a charm and much better than my phone.

I wish they’d just move everything over to ESPN+ if that’s the plan and get rid of ESPN3 already.
08-31-2019 11:33 AM
ODU2011 Offline
1st String

They need to get a new camera crew. These guys are terrible. Also, Ted and Andy are pretty bad.
09-01-2019 11:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.