Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Raising the bar
Bookmark and Share
Mr A Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Raising the bar
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 08:13 PM by Mr A.)
08-25-2019 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
RE: Raising the bar
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 08:41 PM by Fanof49ASU.)
08-25-2019 08:40 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Very nice.
08-25-2019 09:52 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

Here’s a link to a Facebook page that has a video.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...9255681044
08-25-2019 10:28 PM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
08-25-2019 11:41 PM
SouthJags2012 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: South Alabama
Looks great! Can't wait to more SBC schools do these type of upgrades!
08-26-2019 12:30 AM
Advertisement

Mr A Offline
Water Engineer

I can't wait for The Jaggs to open their new stadium. No one deserves it more after playing in Ladd Peebles all this time. The rendering pictures are great.
08-26-2019 05:40 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
Great way to get more JuCo transfers!
08-26-2019 09:07 AM
PrideoftheStAte Offline
2nd String

(08-26-2019 09:07 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Great way to get more JuCo transfers!

#Hater
08-26-2019 10:09 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts

Love jucos.

Don't have the upside of high school players but they rarely bust unlike high school players. We've had some really good luck bringing in jucos with three to play and that works great.
08-26-2019 10:20 AM
stAteNation Offline
1st String

Finding JC guys that have 3 years to play has been great.
08-26-2019 11:13 AM
Advertisement

ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2019 10:20 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Love jucos.

Don't have the upside of high school players but they rarely bust unlike high school players. We've had some really good luck bringing in jucos with three to play and that works great.

Just good enough to lose to Louisiana in the de facto West championship game. Mediocrity with good facilities is nice though. As the preiminant program in Arkansas at this time, I'd like to see Arkansas State translate this into some recruiting momentum in SEC Country.
08-26-2019 03:35 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2019 03:35 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  

Love jucos.

Just good enough to lose to Louisiana in the de facto West championship game. Mediocrity with good facilities is nice though. As the preiminant program in Arkansas at this time, I'd like to see Arkansas State translate this into some recruiting momentum in SEC Country.

On the road . . . with a late score being the difference . . . check the home/road in this series . . . home losses are few and far between . . . which stAte juco player was to blame? Was it transfer DPOY in SBC Bingham? Was it transfer SBC CPOY Hansen? Was it all-conference transfer Kirk Merritt?
08-26-2019 06:51 PM
troutbummike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
asu, looks good.
08-26-2019 06:56 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

Love jucos.

While none of us are thrilled with last year, it’s worth noting that we never win Lafayette
08-26-2019 06:58 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

(08-26-2019 06:58 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Love jucos.

While none of us are thrilled with last year, it’s worth noting that we never win Lafayette

Except when they hand out little pieces of rope.
08-26-2019 09:30 PM
Advertisement

Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(08-26-2019 06:51 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  

Love jucos.

On the road . . . with a late score being the difference . . . check the home/road in this series . . . home losses are few and far between . . . which stAte juco player was to blame? Was it transfer DPOY in SBC Bingham? Was it transfer SBC CPOY Hansen? Was it all-conference transfer Kirk Merritt?

I see where ericsaid is coming from. stAte appears to focus on winning now with transfers and that's a good strategy. I prefer relying on transfers only to fill gaps and building a program where players love the school. It's worked well too.

If football is war, transfers are mercenaries. They only fight because they're getting paid. There's no skin in the fight.
08-27-2019 10:41 AM
doberman1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: StAte
(08-27-2019 10:41 AM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  

Love jucos.

I see where ericsaid is coming from. stAte appears to focus on winning now with transfers and that's a good strategy. I prefer relying on transfers only to fill gaps and building a program where players love the school. It's worked well too.

If football is war, transfers are mercenaries. They only fight because they're getting paid. There's no skin in the fight.

Transfer, Juco, or High School....once they become part of our family they have skin in the game. We only get transfers that want to come here and there is a reason they want to.

Transfers, jucos, it doesn't matter. Our kids hurt for Coach A, Wendy, and each other... and it didn't matter how they got here. They have skin in the game.
08-27-2019 11:38 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

(08-27-2019 11:38 AM)doberman1 Wrote:  
(08-26-2019 10:20 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Love jucos.

Transfer, Juco, or High School....once they become part of our family they have skin in the game. We only get transfers that want to come here and there is a reason they want to.

Transfers, jucos, it doesn't matter. Our kids hurt for Coach A, Wendy, and each other... and it didn't matter how they got here. They have skin in the game.

It was a joke. There is running banter (talk of women in Gaelic) regarding Arkansas State's use of transfers over program building using traditional models. Some are wondering when the House of Cards comes crashing down (I assume it will be when Anderson leaves), others just don't see it as sustainable.

It has worked out okay thus far. But you're going to fall behind as programs like App, Troy, Southern, and Louisiana develop talent recruited directly from high school and their players become more plug and play than plug and figure things out (transfers). Nuance matters.
08-27-2019 11:48 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

(08-27-2019 11:48 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(08-27-2019 11:38 AM)doberman1 Wrote:  
(08-26-2019 03:35 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  Just good enough to lose to Louisiana in the de facto West championship game. Mediocrity with good facilities is nice though. As the preiminant program in Arkansas at this time, I'd like to see Arkansas State translate this into some recruiting momentum in SEC Country.

It was a joke. There is running banter (talk of women in Gaelic) regarding Arkansas State's use of transfers over program building using traditional models. Some are wondering when the House of Cards comes crashing down (I assume it will be when Anderson leaves), others just don't see it as sustainable.

It has worked out okay thus far. But you're going to fall behind as programs like App, Troy, Southern, and Louisiana develop talent recruited directly from high school and their players become more plug and play than plug and figure things out (transfers). Nuance matters.
That is so much not true. It isn't 1992. With portals, stipends and kids transferring after a year to JC so frequently, the model has changed. Projecting where a 16 or 17 year old is going to end up if he even makes it to campus and can adapt to life away from home is a lot harder than evaluating 18-20 year olds who have already made that transition physically and mentally to some level of college ball. Freshmen are looking to play their first year and the NCAA has even made that easier so convincing kids to come wait their turn for two or three years is more difficult.

If you are not getting a healthy blend of JC, transfers and HS athletes then you are going to be behind eventually, especially in areas where you don't have as much talent nearby.
08-27-2019 12:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.