Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realignment-it's time to talk trades
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
It was bad enough for ACC fans to be embarrassed by Miami's turnover chain last year, but now we are further red-faced at having to endure "touchdown rings".
Enough is enough, it's time to trade Miami for Kentucky.

[Image: ECxpXs1XsAAbbrg?format=jpg&name=360x360]

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-football/

1. The SEC trades Kentucky to the ACC for Miami. Just a straight up swap of schools. While ACC football fans may not be excited about the prospect of losing Miami to the SEC, the truth is that Miami hasn't actually done anything of true significance on the football field since it joined the ACC. Still, at its heart, Miami is a football school, and that's attractive to the SEC. Putting Miami in the SEC East alongside Florida, Georgia and Tennessee certainly strengthens the division............

What really convinces the ACC to make this deal is what Kentucky brings from a basketball standpoint. Listen, the ACC considers itself a strong football conference, but we all know damn well that basketball is the its true passion. Adding Kentucky's basketball program to a conference that contains Louisville, North Carolina, Duke, Syracuse and Virginia?
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 12:32 PM by XLance.)
08-25-2019 12:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
RE: Realignment-it's time to talk trades
I propose a 3 way trade

Edit
Rutgers to the ACC
Miami to the SEC
Missouri to the Big Ten
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 12:57 PM by goofus.)
08-25-2019 12:31 PM
Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
I mean, I can't imagine that some costume jewelry is any more embarrassing than widespread academic fraud.
08-25-2019 12:39 PM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
The odd thing is that the ACC resisted Miami for so long and finally took them when the Canes were still a relevant and consistent competitor. They haven’t looked the same since, and who knows if they ever will be again. This era would never tolerate the Miami teams and antics of the past (it was partially why the ACC wanted nothing to do with them; a NCAA investigation or punishment just waiting to happen), but what is the trajectory of the current program?

Was it worth it?
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 12:43 PM by The Cutter of Bish.)
08-25-2019 12:41 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(08-25-2019 12:41 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  The odd thing is that the ACC resisted Miami for so long and finally took them when the Canes were still a relevant and consistent competitor. They haven’t looked the same since, and who knows if they ever will be again. This era would never tolerate the Miami teams and antics of the past (it was partially why the ACC wanted nothing to do with them; a NCAA investigation or punishment just waiting to happen), but what is the trajectory of the current program?

Was it worth it?

The ACC took Boston College in the wake of its relevance.
The ACC took Virginia Tech at the peak of its relevance.
The ACC took Miami in the wake of its relevance.
The ACC took Louisville at the peak of its relevance.
The ACC took Syracuse near the peak of its hoops relevance.

Might the problem not be with the school, rather with the conference? I mean look there is a common denominator for each of these situations.
08-25-2019 12:49 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Miami was coming off a title and a title game appearance.

Virginia Tech should have already been in the ACC.

BC peaked with Matt Ryan while in the ACC.

Syracuse and Louisville go to show the ACC is tougher than the Big East.

Next question.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 12:55 PM by esayem.)
08-25-2019 12:54 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(08-25-2019 12:54 PM)esayem Wrote:  Miami was coming off a title and a title game appearance.

Virginia Tech should have already been in the ACC.

BC peaked with Matt Ryan while in the ACC.

Syracuse and Louisville go to show the ACC is tougher than the Big East.

Next question.

B.C. peaked with Flutie and Phelan. Virginia Tech disappeared after joining the ACC. And I'd say that Syracuse and Louisville merely suffered from Carolina officiating.

And the fact that Miami was coming off of a title game stands out only to highlight my point.

Carolina fans? The poster children for collective delusion!
08-25-2019 01:02 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(08-25-2019 12:49 PM)JRsec Wrote:  The ACC took Boston College in the wake of its relevance.

Might the problem not be with the school, rather with the conference? I mean look there is a common denominator for each of these situations.

I wouldn't lump all of those together.

BC should not have been invited at all -- after adding Miami and VT, the ACC should have waited until a better candidate for place #12 became available.

The ACC is not the only conference that "reached" too far to invite a school just for the sake of maintaining or restoring an even number of members.
08-25-2019 01:15 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

Oops! Kentucky is out.....

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...c9271.html

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03...loss-video

[Image: 56fd99139154f.image.jpg?resize=1000%2C667]

Couch burners should stick together. The SEC should consider West Virginia, Vandy for Miami?
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 01:21 PM by XLance.)
08-25-2019 01:16 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(08-25-2019 01:16 PM)XLance Wrote:  Oops! Kentucky is out.....
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...c9271.html
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03...loss-video

Couch burners should stick together. The SEC should consider West Virginia, Vandy for Miami?

Then you'll have to kick Virginia out of the ACC.

08-25-2019 01:24 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-25-2019 01:15 PM)Wedge Wrote:  
(08-25-2019 12:49 PM)JRsec Wrote:  The ACC took Boston College in the wake of its relevance.

BC should not have been invited at all -- after adding Miami and VT, the ACC should have waited until a better candidate for place #12 became available.

The ACC is not the only conference that "reached" too far to invite a school just for the sake of maintaining or restoring an even number of members.

I agree.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with BC and they are the only show in town (sorry UConn) in a large market, but .........
08-25-2019 01:35 PM
Advertisement

Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
We took Miami because FSU wanted Miami.
We took Miami because Penn State was taken.
We took Miami because the Football coaches wanted more games in Florida.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 01:58 PM by Statefan.)
08-25-2019 01:57 PM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
WVU traded to ACC
NC State to SEC and move Mizzou to west division
Arkansas to Big 12

ACC splits into original 7 and Big East 7 divisions reuniting old rivalries. UNC Vs State is now annually in noncon. Adds another notable football school without losing any footprint and technically adding some households to the ACCN although WV isn’t big. Allows for historical opponent based divisions to take hold too. More rivalries played helping tv ratings.

SEC gets another new state for their footprint and network that’s a cultural fit without ripping the core nucleus of UNC/UVA/Duke/Clemson/FSU from the ACC.

Arkansas rejoins 4 SWC foes and plays in a league where former glory might be more likely to be regained. Big 12 gets a storied program with a ton of history in the SWC that is also close enough to the OK/KS schools to start up new ties there.

Or

WVU to ACC
UVA or BC to B1G. Kick Indiana to the west division
Nebraska to Big 12

Similar idea on point one and three. Now the B1G gets new markets for their network and academic fits.

In the crazy world of realignment the Arkansas route would reunite/make more frequent a ton of rivalries and really only costs you the non-UNC rivalries for NC State but sends them back with South Carolina after decades off.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 02:09 PM by 1845 Bear.)
08-25-2019 02:00 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

We took VT because VT should never have been excluded and once the ptb in the State of Virginia were tipped off to Carolina's and Duke's position on expansion, VT had the means to put unbearable pressure on UVa.

VT was kept out for years for two reasons alone - ACC Basketball tickets and UVa wanted them out.
08-25-2019 02:01 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

(08-25-2019 02:00 PM)1845 Bear Wrote:  WVU traded to ACC
Arkansas to Big 12

ACC splits into original 7 and Big East 7 divisions reuniting old rivalries. UNC Vs State is now annually in noncon.

SEC gets another new state for their footprint and network that’s a cultural fit without ripping the core nucleus of UNC/UVA/Duke/Clemson/FSU from the ACC.

Arkansas rejoins 4 SWC foes and plays in a league where former glory might be regained. Big 12 gets a storied program with a ton of history in the SWC that is also close enough to the OK/KS schools to start up new ties there.

Or

WVU to ACC
Nebraska to Big 12

Similar idea on point one and three. Now the B1G gets new markets for their network and academic fits.

UVa is not a cultural nor an academic fit with the B10. It is more of a fit for the Ivy League than the B10. UVa is unwilling to toss out all pretense of academics in order to win a ball game.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019 02:04 PM by Statefan.)
08-25-2019 02:02 PM
1845 Bear Offline

(08-25-2019 02:02 PM)Statefan Wrote:  
(08-25-2019 02:00 PM)1845 Bear Wrote:  WVU traded to ACC
Arkansas to Big 12

ACC splits into original 7 and Big East 7 divisions reuniting old rivalries. UNC Vs State is now annually in noncon.

Arkansas rejoins 4 SWC foes and plays in a league where former glory might be regained. Big 12 gets a storied program with a ton of history in the SWC that is also close enough to the OK/KS schools to start up new ties there.

Or

WVU to ACC
Nebraska to Big 12

UVa is not a cultural nor an academic fit with the B10. It is more of a fit for the Ivy League than the B10. UVa is unwilling to toss out all pretense of academics in order to win a ball game.

Then let me rephrase:

Big Ten gets new markets and schools that meet or exceed the B1G’s academic requirements. Fair?
08-25-2019 02:05 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

They all reached but some much much farther than others. But the Big 12 and ACC are the only two that have expanded in order to just survive. And the other 3 haven't lost anyone.
08-25-2019 02:06 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

The ACC took BC because the ACC ptb rooted in NC and Va, like the City of Boston and Tidewater socio-economic snobs can relate to Beacon Hill and Backbay snobs.
The ACC took BC because we had hung them out to dry the year before.
The ACC took BC because Penn State was taken.
08-25-2019 02:07 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

(08-25-2019 02:06 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

They all reached but some much much farther than others. But the Big 12 and ACC are the only two that have expanded in order to just survive. And the other 3 haven't lost anyone.

I don't think there is much of a comparison with the loss of TAMU, Nebraska, Colorado, and Mizzou to the defection of a mentally deranged MD under the leadership of Loh and Kirwan.
08-25-2019 02:10 PM
1845 Bear Offline

Mass trading between the Belt and CUSA to save a ton on travel cost. Given the lack of tv revenue it probably needs to happen
08-25-2019 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.