Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week/Day: @Coastal Carolina
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Exclamation Game Week/Day: @Coastal Carolina
This is an annual rite of (the upcoming) fall, the first game of the season, 2-deeps (due tomorrow) and Labor Day weekend.

We are a 5.5 point favorite. The OV/UN line is 55 points. So that translate to EMU 30 and C.C. 25.

Does Vegas see a better offense and diminished defense?
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019 06:07 AM by emu steve.)
08-25-2019 04:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mpleafan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU, U of M
RE: Game Week: @Coastal Carolina
Here's a little write up on Coastal Carolina. They play Kansas Week 2 and Kansas' SBNation website wrote a little opponent watch thing

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2019/8/17/...anticleers
08-25-2019 04:19 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear Friends,
The fans over on the Sun Belt seem to think Coastal Carolina is going to defeat Eastern. Some of it is to be loyal to their conference, but I think, they think that their team will beat us. I certainly hope not, and I hope the days of homer referees are also gone from these Southern teams.
08-25-2019 06:48 PM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

I still feel really good about this game. A new QB for them, coupled with our ultra-talented secondary could seal the win for us. With the next two games at Illinois and Kentucky, it's huge we get this win early.
08-25-2019 07:45 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-25-2019 07:45 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  I still feel really good about this game. A new QB for them, coupled with our ultra-talented secondary could seal the win for us. With the next two games at Illinois and Kentucky, it's huge we get this win early.

Agreed. Can't start out 0-3, although Illinois is definitely another potential BigTen win. Notorious for difficult early schedules and slow starts. Is this the year that changes as well?
08-25-2019 09:25 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
I’m wary of the Sun Belt. They recruit SEC leftovers, which is a different level of prospect than most MAC recruiting pools. Hopefully Vegas knows something.
08-25-2019 11:34 PM
Advertisement

EMU03' Offline
2nd String

"i can’t wait for @__Jairus to takeover the MAC."

Today's prophetic tweet of the day courtesy of Kevin McGill.
08-26-2019 06:28 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Some more context for the info in the article above:

1. Coastal Carolina does return a lot of their defense, but remember that it wasn't a good defense. They finished 107th in the country in total defense, and 121st in rushing defense.

2. On the other side of the ball - It's hard to recover on offensive from losing starting the QB, 2 of your 3 most productive RBs, a starting offensive linemen, and your most productive WRs and remain on the same level offensively. Especially when you only went 5-7 and finished 87th in total offense.

3. While they went 5-7 on the year, they only won 2 games against FBS teams that finished the season with winning records (Louisiana and UAB).
08-26-2019 08:09 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(08-26-2019 08:09 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Some more context for the info in the article above:

1. Coastal Carolina does return a lot of their defense, but remember that it wasn't a good defense. They finished 107th in the country in total defense, and 121st in rushing defense.

2. On the other side of the ball - It's hard to recover on offensive from losing starting the QB, 2 of your 3 most productive RBs, a starting offensive linemen, and your most productive WRs and remain on the same level offensively. Especially when you only went 5-7 and finished 87th in total offense.

3. While they went 5-7 on the year, they only won 2 games against FBS teams that finished the season with winning records (Louisiana and UAB).

Frank, are you talking me into a trip up 95 to Atlantic City to put up some $ on the boys in green? 03-lmfao
08-26-2019 08:54 AM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Game Week: @Coastal Carolina
(08-26-2019 08:54 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(08-26-2019 08:09 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Some more context for the info in the article above:

Frank, are you talking me into a trip up 95 to Atlantic City to put up some $ on the boys in green? 03-lmfao

Steve I don’t think you have to drive anywhere to do that nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-26-2019 08:58 AM
Coastal12 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Coastal
Good luck this weekend. I look forward to seeing you guys!
08-26-2019 10:30 AM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

2-deeps are out:

https://emueagles.com/documents/2019/8/2...df?id=6971

14 of our 22 starters are seniors. This needs to be our year.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019 03:26 PM by EagleSam.)
08-26-2019 03:25 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(08-26-2019 03:25 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  2-deeps are out:

Interesting to see the WR position. Beydoun is on the 2-deep? I expect we'll see a lot of guys get PT at those positions.

Did Odukoya catch any balls last year. I'm assuming he's the blocking TE and Oakes/Kemp are the pass catchers.
08-26-2019 03:59 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Only real surprise to me is freshman Mikey Haney starting at DT. Of course, these aren't gospel so I'm sure we'll see plenty of CJ Hunt at that position too.
08-26-2019 04:03 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

(08-26-2019 03:59 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Interesting to see the WR position. Beydoun is on the 2-deep? I expect we'll see a lot of guys get PT at those positions.

Did Odukoya catch any balls last year. I'm assuming he's the blocking TE and Oakes/Kemp are the pass catchers.

No catches last year. Don't believe he played before the WMU due to injury.

But after watching him in-person at the scrimmage, he looks HUGE out there. Primarily a blocker, but he'll have a monster size advantage on anybody that covers him. Basically like an OT/OG that has hands. I believe he had one catch in the scrimmage.
08-26-2019 04:08 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I think the key to the 2-deeps is to look at the 3rd man on the depth charts.

They might be injured and possibly not playing. Or some might be sitting out a game.

I think the most obvious exception which is RB and they list many at that position.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019 04:22 PM by emu steve.)
08-26-2019 04:22 PM
Advertisement

CCUstudent Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: CCU
So here’s a CCU fan’s insight if anyone wants it. The Jayhawks were wrong when saying we lost our starting QB; we didn’t really have a starter last year. We played three guys who all dealt with injuries. Fred Payton was just named starter and he’s a sophomore that started half of our games last year. He has a good arm and is a threat to run, just as all of our QBs are expected to run.

Our offensive line has been playing together for two solid years now with this being their third. They all started as freshmen and are a highly underrated bunch that will surprise a lot of people this year. Our defensive line starters are all very talented but lack depth. Overall depth is our biggest weakness, but our offense plays to time of possession which will help that somewhat.

Our defense may have a new coordinator, but we should really be vastly improved from last year immediately. For the last several years we had a “no hit” philosophy in practice. Our guys never tackled. And it showed. Most of those bad numbers on defense were from arm tackles and being out of position. Our new coach got rid of that ridiculous policy and it’s shown a lot of improvement in the spring game and fall scrimmage. I expect a big leap forward on defense.

Overall the weather is the wildcard. Typically 3:30 on August 31st would see blistering heat with muggy humidity, but we had a cold front come through yesterday which dropped temperatures by about 15 degrees. Right now the forecast calls for a high of 86 (rather cool) with a humidity of 70% (average). So we’ll see how it goes. If anyone is in town, enjoy the beach ??

(Ignore the user name as it’s not been updated in over four years).
08-26-2019 04:46 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Thanks for the insight. Best of luck on Saturday.
08-26-2019 06:54 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-26-2019 03:59 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  

Interesting to see the WR position. Beydoun is on the 2-deep? I expect we'll see a lot of guys get PT at those positions.

Odukoya has yet to catch a pass since he arrived. Basically came to EMU with a foot problem and it's been a problem ever since.
08-26-2019 10:30 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(08-26-2019 04:03 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  

Only real surprise to me is freshman Mikey Haney starting at DT. Of course, these aren't gospel so I'm sure we'll see plenty of CJ Hunt at that position too.

Not a surprise, going to be a very good player the rest of his career. Maxx said he was going to be a really good player early after his arrival. Kelly & Eddington have All-MAC caliber talent, but neither can stay healthy. Lots of depth on the interior so we should be really solid there again.

Simeon could be the guy to come out of nowhere to make a big contribution at DE.
08-26-2019 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.