Thread Closed 
The Memphis Tigers will hold a pro day for NBA teams on October 7
Bookmark and Share
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

I Root For: Memphis
The Memphis Tigers will hold a pro day for NBA teams on October 7

From the ESPN story:

Quote:The Tigers' pro day on Oct. 7 will coincide with a large group of NBA executives descending on the city for the Memphis Grizzlies' preseason game on Oct. 8 against RJ Hampton and the New Zealand Breakers. Hampton, the No. 6 player in ESPN's 2020 mock draft, will be scouted heavily in his matchup with Ja Morant and Jaren Jackson Jr.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2019 09:45 AM by mairving.)
08-22-2019 09:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: The Memphis Tigers will hold a pro day for NBA teams on October 7
Brilliant.
All. The. Smoke.
08-22-2019 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
genius move
08-22-2019 11:04 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
very smart
08-22-2019 11:07 AM
WiseMan Away
Banned

I Root For: UofM
Take away RJs thunder. Don’t think Penny is happy with RIs actions during recruitment
08-22-2019 11:18 AM
SouthernBoiNOLA Offline
Special Teams

See, stuff like this is the reason Coach Penny will keep us as a perennial title contender. It is things like this that helps the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world get the top talent in, and now we will too. The top rated players see things like this, and it let's them know that Coach is serious about getting them to the next level. Every year we will have some of the top players coming to Memphis. Get ready to become a dynasty y'all
08-22-2019 11:42 AM
Advertisement

tkgrrett Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-22-2019 11:18 AM)WiseMan Wrote:  Take away RJs thunder. Don’t think Penny is happy with RIs actions during recruitment

Not sure how you make that conclusion. Sounds more like its a fit with when scouts would be in town anyway.

Penny has been pretty clear that he is supportive of guys going pro and getting paid.
08-22-2019 11:53 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(08-22-2019 11:53 AM)tkgrrett Wrote:  
(08-22-2019 11:18 AM)WiseMan Wrote:  Take away RJs thunder. Don’t think Penny is happy with RIs actions during recruitment

Not sure how you make that conclusion. Sounds more like its a fit with when scouts would be in town anyway.

Penny has been pretty clear that he is supportive of guys going pro and getting paid.

What RJ did was pretty low-class. Penny may support guys wanting to go pro, but how RJ did left a lot to be desired. How much money do you think was spent recruiting a guy who had already signed a pro contract and was just lying to get freebies?
08-22-2019 11:57 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Agreed...

Just piggy backing on RJ being in town and also increasing his selling point to new recruits that being in an NBA town only increases your marketability if done correctly.
08-22-2019 12:20 PM
rc0213 Offline
1st String

This is good. I hope this will be a permanent event.
08-22-2019 01:18 PM
WiseMan Away
Banned

I Root For: UofM

Tiger BB made same conclusion. Penny could have picked a different day a week later if he had wanted to. More scouts to see James and Precious than Hampton. And Hampton will have his lunch money stolen by the Grizz if they want to humiliate him.
08-22-2019 10:50 PM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

(08-22-2019 10:50 PM)WiseMan Wrote:  

Tiger BB made same conclusion. Penny could have picked a different day a week later if he had wanted to. More scouts to see James and Precious than Hampton. And Hampton will have his lunch money stolen by the Grizz if they want to humiliate him.

Quote:The Tigers' pro day on Oct. 7 will coincide with a large group of NBA executives descending on the city for the Memphis Grizzlies' preseason game on Oct. 8 against RJ Hampton and the New Zealand Breakers.

It is honestly mind boggling how dumb you are; it is impossible to ignore. Penny would have to be brainless to try and organize a pro day when everyone is available, instead of picking a day when they already have plans to be in Memphis. That is literally the only day when it could have been scheduled, AND combining the two will probably lead to even more attending.

Someone would have to be brainless to think that Penny could attract even half the numbers if he scheduled it any other time.

Since Penny isn't brainless, he will probably take the opportunity to host recruits on official or unofficial visits that day. There isn't a better way for a potential player to go through the entire experience of playing at Memphis, having scouts pass through the entire time, on their way to the NBA.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019 07:06 AM by Stammers.)
08-23-2019 07:05 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(08-23-2019 07:05 AM)Stammers Wrote:  
(08-22-2019 10:50 PM)WiseMan Wrote:  

Quote:The Tigers' pro day on Oct. 7 will coincide with a large group of NBA executives descending on the city for the Memphis Grizzlies' preseason game on Oct. 8 against RJ Hampton and the New Zealand Breakers.

It is honestly mind boggling how dumb you are; it is impossible to ignore. Penny would have to be brainless to try and organize a pro day when everyone is available, instead of picking a day when they already have plans to be in Memphis. That is literally the only day when it could have been scheduled, AND combining the two will probably lead to even more attending.

Someone would have to be brainless to think that Penny could attract even half the numbers if he scheduled it any other time.

Since Penny isn't brainless, he will probably take the opportunity to host recruits on official or unofficial visits that day. There isn't a better way for a potential player to go through the entire experience of playing at Memphis, having scouts pass through the entire time, on their way to the NBA.

After a post like this, we should change your name to Mr. Sassy Pants.
08-23-2019 07:16 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Penny ain't worried about RJ Hampton.
Penny is all about advancing the Tigers program.
Has nothing to do with RJ, other than helping to leverage max attendance.
08-23-2019 08:39 AM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(08-23-2019 08:39 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Penny ain't worried about RJ Hampton.

Its so obvious that people on this thread wont believe it.
08-23-2019 08:42 AM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Exactly!
08-23-2019 08:42 AM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

Quote:And Hampton will have his lunch money stolen by the Grizz if they want to humiliate him.

PennyWisemanShooters seems to think the Grizzlies care about RJ Hampton; which isn't (unfortunately) a joke. He really thinks that. Is anybody honestly worried about RJ Hampton? I can't remember the last time I thought about him.
08-23-2019 09:31 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

Who is RJ Hampton?
08-23-2019 09:36 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(08-23-2019 09:36 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Who is RJ Hampton?

According to PennyWisemanShooters, he is Public Enemy #1. Penny is planning a pro day for Wiseman, Precious, and the rest of the team for the sole purpose of stealing RJ's thunder.

The Grizzlies are holding closed door meetings every day plotting different strategies to humiliate Hampton in an exhibition game.
08-23-2019 09:46 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

IS he the guy they killed in Dallas?
08-23-2019 09:52 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.