Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2nd dem drops
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
2nd dem drops
https://twitter.com/Hickenlooper/status/...6440268800

Former Colorado governor Hickenlooper bites the dust. Down to only 24 now.
08-15-2019 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: 2nd dem drops
If he runs for Senate and beats Cory Gardner, I'm happy.
08-15-2019 06:37 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Gov. Hickenlooper has the resume and moderate record to have been a viable candidate in the general election.

What he lacks is a spine. His inability to forcefully stand up to the insanity that has taken hold of the Democrat Party disqualified him for the office.

Ah well, down to Delaney and Bullock.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2019 06:50 PM by AdoptedMonarch.)
08-15-2019 06:50 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(08-15-2019 06:37 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  If he runs for Senate and beats Cory Gardner, I'm happy.

Saw an article on that. He repeatedly said he had no interest in the Senate and dissed the job. Pretty hard to walk that back in a Senate race. Also faces a Democrat in the primary who was raising more money than he did on his presidential race.
08-15-2019 07:11 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Who will the dems call up to take his place?
08-15-2019 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(08-15-2019 06:50 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Gov. Hickenlooper has the resume and moderate record to have been a viable candidate in the general election.

What he lacks is a spine. His inability to forcefully stand up to the insanity that has taken hold of the Democrat Party disqualified him for the office.

Ah well, down to Delaney and Bullock.

Yep...The candidates that can attract the independent vote and actually move votes from Trump are beginning to fall.
08-15-2019 08:56 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Jay Inslee is outslee. Does that make 23 now? I've lost count.

On the other side by the way, the Washington Post is reporting former Reps. Joe Walsh (Illinois) and Mark Sanford (South Carolina) may be joining Bill Weld in the Republican primary races against Trump. And Jeff Flake (Arizona) and John Kasich (Ohio) are still being talked into running by anti-Trump Republican donors.
08-22-2019 06:11 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(08-22-2019 06:11 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Jay Inslee is outslee. Does that make 23 now? I've lost count.

On the other side by the way, the Washington Post is reporting former Reps. Joe Walsh (Illinois) and Mark Sanford (South Carolina) may be joining Bill Weld in the Republican primary races against Trump. And Jeff Flake (Arizona) and John Kasich (Ohio) are still being talked into running by anti-Trump Republican donors.

It's the economy stupid. If the left manages to talk us into a recession then Trump may have problems. If not he wins going away. Since we are generally not declared to be in a recession until 4 quarters after one actually begins it's easy to what the dems are up to here, using the MSM to convince people we are already in the beginning of an economic downturn so that by election time they can point out that we are in another recession. I think their timing is a little off and we may actually see a real recession in 2021, not 2020, but by then it will be too late for them to take advantage. And if we do enter into yet another recession it will be nowhere near as bad as the 2008 one, more like the 2011 one which was hardly even noticed.

All of which is to say that regardless of who the right or left trots out to oppose Trump if the economy is still good he wins going away.

The left would rather see the entire country suffer if it means they regain the WH than to actually be honest and work for the good of the country.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2019 06:58 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
08-22-2019 06:54 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(08-22-2019 06:11 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  On the other side by the way, the Washington Post is reporting former Reps. Joe Walsh (Illinois) and Mark Sanford (South Carolina) may be joining Bill Weld in the Republican primary races against Trump. And Jeff Flake (Arizona) and John Kasich (Ohio) are still being talked into running by anti-Trump Republican donors.

Disappointed but not surprised to see RINO’s like Flake and Kasich causing division in The GOP. The RNC needs to squash this. A waste of time and money when they have no chance. Time and money that needs to be directed toward our Nation’s greatest threat: The Left.

Glad to see the “moderates” on the Left dropping out of the race. We need the bat sh*t craziest candidate to win the Left’s nomination. It’s going to be interesting watching them knife each other in the back. Waiting for Biden to join the rest and tell us how evil old white men are.

When the process is done, meaning The DNC elites make their choice, I’m hopeful at least one of the crazies not chosen runs as a Third Party loon.

This group of Leftist politicians could well be the worst collection of presidential candidates ever assembled. The “winner” out of this bunch is going to make McGovern or Dukakis look almost electable.
08-22-2019 07:00 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(08-22-2019 07:00 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(08-22-2019 06:11 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  On the other side by the way, the Washington Post is reporting former Reps. Joe Walsh (Illinois) and Mark Sanford (South Carolina) may be joining Bill Weld in the Republican primary races against Trump. And Jeff Flake (Arizona) and John Kasich (Ohio) are still being talked into running by anti-Trump Republican donors.

Disappointed but not surprised to see RINO’s like Flake and Kasich causing division in The GOP. The RNC needs to squash this. A waste of time and money when they have no chance. Time and money that needs to be directed toward our Nation’s greatest threat: The Left.

Glad to see the “moderates” on the Left dropping out of the race. We need the bat sh*t craziest candidate to win the Left’s nomination. It’s going to be interesting watching them knife each other in the back. Waiting for Biden to join the rest and tell us how evil old white men are.

When the process is done, meaning The DNC elites make their choice, I’m hopeful at least one of the crazies not chosen runs as a Third Party loon.

This group of Leftist politicians could well be the worst collection of presidential candidates ever assembled. The “winner” out of this bunch is going to make McGovern or Dukakis look almost electable.

Replace could be with is and you're spot on. Never in my adult life have I seen such a collection of misfits.

Biden will likely be out by March and I'm betting on Warren to be the nominee although the consensus among the old dudes that hang out all day at my cigar store seems to be that it will be Beto for some reason.
08-22-2019 08:01 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(08-22-2019 08:01 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Replace could be with is and you're spot on. Never in my adult life have I seen such a collection of misfits.

Biden will likely be out by March and I'm betting on Warren to be the nominee although the consensus among the old dudes that hang out all day at my cigar store seems to be that it will be Beto for some reason.

Agreed...
I’m good with Warren or Beto. Both of them have enough crazy to qualify no doubt...lol
08-22-2019 08:31 AM
Advertisement

Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly

Disappointed but not surprised to see RINO’s like Flake and Kasich causing division in The GOP. The RNC needs to squash this. A waste of time and money when they have no chance.

Absolutely. Rational, non-clown primary candidates have no chance to be selected by GOP voters going forward.
08-22-2019 09:18 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(08-22-2019 09:18 AM)Ohio Poly Wrote:  

Disappointed but not surprised to see RINO’s like Flake and Kasich causing division in The GOP. The RNC needs to squash this. A waste of time and money when they have no chance.

Absolutely. Rational, non-clown primary candidates have no chance to be selected by GOP voters going forward.

At least we have non-clown rational candidates. The left simply cannot say the same.
08-22-2019 10:17 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

Did someone say clowns...

[Image: 105bio0.jpg]
08-22-2019 10:44 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl...erage.html

INteresting on Dem media coverage.

Based on polling, Harris gets disproportionate media coverage. Booker gets incredibly disproportionate coverage. Gabbard gets disproportionately buried.
08-22-2019 01:39 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(08-22-2019 06:54 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  The left would rather see the entire country suffer if it means they regain the WH than to actually be honest and work for the good of the country.

If I had the opportunity to pose one debate question to the democrat candidates it would be simply, "Suppose you have a choice, prosperity and Trump is re-elected or depression and you win, which would you choose?"
08-22-2019 02:02 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(08-22-2019 02:02 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(08-22-2019 06:54 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  The left would rather see the entire country suffer if it means they regain the WH than to actually be honest and work for the good of the country.

If I had the opportunity to pose one debate question to the democrat candidates it would be simply, "Suppose you have a choice, prosperity and Trump is re-elected or depression and you win, which would you choose?"

All but one or two would choose the latter if given a choice, not that any would actually answer the question.
08-22-2019 02:20 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(08-22-2019 02:20 PM)bullet Wrote:  

All but one or two would choose the latter if given a choice, not that any would actually answer the question.

Exactly, they'd equivocate and hem and haw and bloviate until their time was up. Or as Warren Harding so succinctly described the term bloviate, "the art of speaking for as long as the occasion warrants, and saying nothing".
08-22-2019 05:54 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(08-22-2019 06:11 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Jay Inslee is outslee. Does that make 23 now? I've lost count.

Seth Moulton dropped according to NYT. So that should make it 22.

Apparently only 10 have qualified for the next debate on September 12 with only two others close.
08-23-2019 08:13 AM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly

You would want to ask it in a "raise your hand if" format to make them answer.
08-23-2019 03:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.