lol
08-09-2019 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
RE: Fulmer Open to UM/UT Series
I am all for it, 100%.

Home and home in football and basketball for eternity.
08-09-2019 08:16 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

NO THANKS---I WISH I knew how to do the puke thingy------how many times do we play/are the SUCKER-----maybe if they come here the first 28 games---then when we are scheduled to go to COMMUNISTS country----then we can just cancel the series . SCREW us once shame on them --SCREW us 73 times shame on us.
08-09-2019 08:20 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-09-2019 08:20 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  NO THANKS---I WISH I knew how to do the puke thingy------how many times do we play/are the SUCKER-----maybe if they come here the first 28 games---then when we are scheduled to go to COMMUNISTS country----then we can just cancel the series . SCREW us once shame on them --SCREW us 73 times shame on us.

If they cancel, we get paid. Win win.

If we were to turn down a series with UTK, we would rue the day.
08-09-2019 08:22 PM
Advertisement

mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
No interest what so ever. Even in basketball. Just not worth it in my mind.
08-09-2019 09:22 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

(08-09-2019 08:22 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(08-09-2019 08:20 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  NO THANKS---I WISH I knew how to do the puke thingy------how many times do we play/are the SUCKER-----maybe if they come here the first 28 games---then when we are scheduled to go to COMMUNISTS country----then we can just cancel the series . SCREW us once shame on them --SCREW us 73 times shame on us.

LOL touchee
08-09-2019 09:23 PM
WiseMan Away
Banned

I Root For: UofM

Typically not very much. Certainly not any close to enough to do a 1 road game series with them.
08-09-2019 10:26 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

03-puke : puke: (without the space)
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019 01:46 PM by uskjtc02.)
08-10-2019 01:44 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-09-2019 10:26 PM)WiseMan Wrote:  

Typically not very much. Certainly not any close to enough to do a 1 road game series with them.

That is what contracts are for. Teams get paid 1mil to play buy games, just make it 1mil to cancel a game.
08-10-2019 01:47 PM
Advertisement

WiseMan Away
Banned

(08-10-2019 01:47 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

That is what contracts are for. Teams get paid 1mil to play buy games, just make it 1mil to cancel a game.

That’s simply not true. If cancelled the forfeiture fee is a fraction of the money paid to a buy game team which with P5s in competition has driven the price up a great deal.
08-10-2019 02:08 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-10-2019 02:08 PM)WiseMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2019 01:47 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

That’s simply not true. If cancelled the forfeiture fee is a fraction of the money paid to a buy game team which with P5s in competition has driven the price up a great deal.

Yes I know but if we are negotiating the contract we can put something really high in for the cancellation and then it is their choice. If they refuse, then ok, atleast we tried and arent going to get screwed.
08-10-2019 02:15 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
If we could get a home-and-home with Tennessee in football we would be industrial-strength stupid not to. I would also like to continue the series with Tennessee in basketball. Tremendous fan interest on both sides. Absolute no-brainers.
08-10-2019 06:14 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I couldn't care less about playing them in basketball. Go to backwoods K'ville this year and get revenge from last year and be done with it. But a football series is absolutely good for us. If the football series requires a basketball series, then do it. But basketball alone? May as well be playing UT-Chatt.
08-10-2019 08:18 PM
WiseMan Away
Banned

(08-10-2019 08:18 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  I couldn't care less about playing them in basketball. Go to backwoods K'ville this year and get revenge from last year and be done with it. But a football series is absolutely good for us. If the football series requires a basketball series, then do it. But basketball alone? May as well be playing UT-Chatt.

Totally agree and football should be home and home as basketball. Don’t care for the Nashville game as we would make so much more revenue at home; so no neutral games with UT in basketball. I think neutral level should be made for TV games in basketball.
08-10-2019 10:51 PM
Advertisement

NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
(08-10-2019 08:18 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  I couldn't care less about playing them in basketball. Go to backwoods K'ville this year and get revenge from last year and be done with it. But a football series is absolutely good for us. If the football series requires a basketball series, then do it. But basketball alone? May as well be playing UT-Chatt.

I agree with this. A football series helps us, a basketball series helps them. Do both and I'm okay, if they don't want to do football, then F them. It's an easy negotiation. Take it or leave it fat Phil.

In fact, since we are empirically the better football program at this point, it would be a huge favor to them.

Should be fun. Memphis beats UT in basketball no big deal, but those damn hillbillies hate to lose to us in football. So bring on the football series so we can whip dat $EC ass.

And structure the contracts, FB: @Memphis, BB: @UTK, FB: @UTK BB: @Memphis. If UTK wants to do just basketball, tell them it's a complete non-starter.

Anyway, Memphis is in a unique situation, the success of our basketball program likely helps our football scheduling. Conversely, the success of the football program makes scheduling in a vaccuum difficult, I mean who wants to come to the Liberty Bowl to get their ass kicked?

Regardless, we should be driving a hard ass bargain for those schools that want to recruit in our area, especially UTK. Home an home in both football and basketball, I'm good with that, otherwise, go F yourself.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019 11:13 PM by NigelTufnel.)
08-10-2019 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

You really like that UTK owns the series in basketball?

Also, you actually would rather play UT-Chat over UTK? Ok, then...

I want to play them every season forever.
08-11-2019 09:07 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-10-2019 11:12 PM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  

I agree with this. A football series helps us, a basketball series helps them. Do both and I'm okay, if they don't want to do football, then F them. It's an easy negotiation. Take it or leave it fat Phil.

In fact, since we are empirically the better football program at this point, it would be a huge favor to them.

Should be fun. Memphis beats UT in basketball no big deal, but those damn hillbillies hate to lose to us in football. So bring on the football series so we can whip dat $EC ass.

And structure the contracts, FB: @Memphis, BB: @UTK, FB: @UTK BB: @Memphis. If UTK wants to do just basketball, tell them it's a complete non-starter.

Anyway, Memphis is in a unique situation, the success of our basketball program likely helps our football scheduling. Conversely, the success of the football program makes scheduling in a vaccuum difficult, I mean who wants to come to the Liberty Bowl to get their ass kicked?

Regardless, we should be driving a hard ass bargain for those schools that want to recruit in our area, especially UTK. Home an home in both football and basketball, I'm good with that, otherwise, go F yourself.

Might have been true a long time ago, but UTK has been better than us for quite some time now...

We should stick to playing UT Chat like the other poster said and stay away from ranked teams.
08-11-2019 09:09 AM
BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners
(08-11-2019 09:07 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  I want to play them every season forever.

yep, and both fanbases want it.

seems like a no-brainer.
08-11-2019 09:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.