Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Nadler slammed for 'harassment' after fresh Kavanaugh doc requests
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Nadler slammed for 'harassment' after fresh Kavanaugh doc requests
Quote:The top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday accused the panel's Democratic chairman, Rep. Jerry Nadler, of "harassment" and unethical conduct, after Nadler moved to seek records from Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh's time in the George W. Bush administration.

Nadler's request came days after a liberal lion of the high court, Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, defended Kavanaugh as a "very decent, very smart individual," and long after progressive activists have largely moved on to other matters.

Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., said in a statement that Nadler's request is so "far outside the scope of judicial ethics, it’s harassment."

"Senate Democrats spent months launching false accusations in an attempt to smear Justice Kavanaugh’s reputation and block his confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court, and now House Democrats want to follow suit with yet another fishing expedition to tarnish his good name," Collins said.

Nadler, along with Hank Johnson, D-Ga., wrote to the National Archives to seek "certain presidential records related to Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh’s service in the White House from 2001 to 2006."

They cited the Presidential Records Act, which allows congressional committees to obtain “contain information that is needed for the conduct of [their] business and that is not otherwise available," subject to executive privilege and other limitations.

In his letter, Nadler sought the new documents on a "rolling basis," and specifically asked for any "emails sent to or received by Justice Kavanaugh, including emails on which he was a carbon copy or blind carbon copy recipient, during the period in which Justice Kavanaugh served as staff secretary, including any documents attached to such emails."

Additionally, the Democrat requested "the textual records contained in Justice Kavanaugh’s office files from the period during which he served as staff secretary."

Any successful effort to remove Kavanaugh from the bench would require a two-thirds vote of both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Several 2020 Democratic presidential contenders -- including Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Pete Buttigieg -- have said they would be open to legislation that would expand the size of the Supreme Court, to effectively dilute the importance of conservative justices' votes. The size of federal appeals courts, including the Supreme Court, is set by Congress.

"When are we going to move on from the smear campaigns, and begin working on real, bipartisan solutions to improve the lives of the Americans we were elected to represent?” Collins asked.

Link
08-07-2019 12:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Nadler slammed for 'harassment' after fresh Kavanaugh doc requests
There's no House purpose for these document requests.
08-07-2019 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
I hope someone hacks Nadler's emails and post them.
08-07-2019 03:02 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Nadler is a putz and deserves every drop of ridicule he’s been given for his appearance in recent months.

But still — if the request for documents was addressed to the National Archives, and if Justice Kavanaugh is not obligated to respond to Nadler — I really don’t have a problem with this.
08-07-2019 05:42 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(08-07-2019 05:42 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Nadler is a putz and deserves every drop of ridicule he’s been given for his appearance in recent months.

But still — if the request for documents was addressed to the National Archives, and if Justice Kavanaugh is not obligated to respond to Nadler — I really don’t have a problem with this.

What House purpose is this?
08-07-2019 06:43 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(08-07-2019 06:43 PM)bullet Wrote:  What House purpose is this?
Bullet I don’t really understand that question. Obviously the true reason Nadler sent the letter is because he hopes to find something that D.’s can use to attack Kavanaugh individually, or the GOP overall. I honestly don’t know of Members of the House are compelled to state some sort of non-political, “official” reason for the request, or not. If so, I would just about bet my life that Nadler has been playing this game long enough that he knows what he can say that will be considered “good enough” for a government request.
08-07-2019 07:04 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(08-07-2019 07:04 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(08-07-2019 06:43 PM)bullet Wrote:  What House purpose is this?
Bullet I don’t really understand that question. Obviously the true reason Nadler sent the letter is because he hopes to find something that D.’s can use to attack Kavanaugh individually, or the GOP overall. I honestly don’t know of Members of the House are compelled to state some sort of non-political, “official” reason for the request, or not. If so, I would just about bet my life that Nadler has been playing this game long enough that he knows what he can say that will be considered “good enough” for a government request.

Its an abuse of government power if there is no legislative or oversight purpose.

With the president, they have oversight. With the Supreme Court, the House has no say, not even confirmation, let alone a sitting justice.

Imagine if a Republican House started investigating Obama's appointees. It is a serious abuse of power and an attempt to intimidate the Supreme Court. There is no crime they are attempting to investigate. Its just harrasment of the Supreme Court.

Comey had played this game as long as Nadler and he has apparently violated several laws. And he didn't have TDS as bad as Nadler. I would never underestimate the arrogance of anybody in DC to think they couldn't get away with anything.
08-07-2019 07:58 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(08-07-2019 07:58 PM)bullet Wrote:  With the president, they have oversight. With the Supreme Court, the House has no say, not even confirmation, let alone a sitting justice.
The House has the power of Impeachment over every Justice of the Supreme Court and federal judge.
08-07-2019 08:18 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(08-07-2019 08:18 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(08-07-2019 07:58 PM)bullet Wrote:  With the president, they have oversight. With the Supreme Court, the House has no say, not even confirmation, let alone a sitting justice.
The House has the power of Impeachment over every Justice of the Supreme Court and federal judge.

With the concurrence of the Senate, which will never happen since they just put him in. It's nothing but grandstanding and wasting time, which you already knew.
08-07-2019 09:25 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(08-07-2019 09:25 PM)banker Wrote:  It's nothing but grandstanding and wasting time, which you already knew.
True.

I guess my question is, may the National Archives refuse a request to examine documents in its possession because the person seeking them is “grandstanding and wasting time”? Perhaps so, but I’m skeptical.

Just to be clear, I supported Kavanaugh’s confirmation and believe the accusations against him were dishonest and hateful.
08-07-2019 09:40 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Nadler is a Jew who hates Catholics.
08-07-2019 09:41 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
His pants are cutting his blood circulation to his brain, what a tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-07-2019 09:44 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(08-07-2019 09:44 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  His pants are cutting his blood circulation to his brain, what a tool.

I wonder how he pisses. Does his pants zipper go all the way up to his nipples. Does he ever mix up his nipple for a *****?

Bwahahahaha, sorry guys, even I thought that was funny.
08-07-2019 10:43 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(08-07-2019 09:44 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  His pants are cutting his blood circulation to his brain, what a tool.

You are wrong. He’s sitting on his brain....
08-07-2019 11:02 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(08-07-2019 08:18 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  

And is that really where tub-o-goo wants to go?

Impeaching a sitting SCOTUS?

We’re perilously close to nanner republic stuff here, and if someone, anyone is being honest, it’s almost entirely coming from the left.

The coup didn’t work, the fake “investigation” didn’t work, the Muell’s charade didn’t work, now we’re on to this nonsensical idiocy?

To what possible end?

They can’t govern. Plain and simple.

Good news is they’ll be dutifully sent into early retirement and hopefully some form of sanity can be restored to the people’s house. Utter embarrassment.
08-08-2019 04:21 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Where's Mach - THIS IS IT.....

Buckle Up everyone!
08-08-2019 07:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.