Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This board might finally be revived
Bookmark and Share
BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
This board might finally be revived
Hey, I was randomly looking at other boards and it seems this board has somewhat come back to life since the whole UConn debacle. Has anyone reached out to GTS and tried to send if it could get moved to Active Boards? Or at least take the Big 12's spot in Proving Grounds?
08-03-2019 05:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

RE: This board might finally be revived
If you guys really wanted to get it going, you could go to your home boards and try to recruit people to come here as well.
08-03-2019 05:28 PM
VCE Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tradition
It’s doubtful. Most BE posters have moved on to another place.
08-03-2019 08:37 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-03-2019 08:37 PM)VCE Wrote:  It’s doubtful. Most BE posters have moved on to another place.
Ah, there has to be some that could post on here though, I see a few BE fans all the time on the conference realignment board.
08-03-2019 08:40 PM
Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
(08-03-2019 08:40 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 08:37 PM)VCE Wrote:  It’s doubtful. Most BE posters have moved on to another place.
Ah, there has to be some that could post on here though, I see a few BE fans all the time on the conference realignment board.

Stever's successfully made it a chore to post here, and there isn't the volume to drown him out. There's a reason most posters are on the other site, where all his posts are on moderator review.
08-04-2019 01:10 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-04-2019 01:10 PM)Bogg Wrote:  

Stever's successfully made it a chore to post here, and there isn't the volume to drown him out. There's a reason most posters are on the other site, where all his posts are on moderator review.
Maybe you could try and get more BE fans to come here and drown him out. Or try and get his posts moderated. Or maybe politely ask him to leave? Lol. But in all seriousness, it'd be nice to have some more teams point of view on basketball matters rather than just AAC and ACC on this site.
08-04-2019 01:23 PM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

I went to Holy Land and apparently I've been banned there despite that being my first time ever trying to go on there.
08-04-2019 01:44 PM
Bogg Offline
All American

(08-04-2019 01:23 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

Maybe you could try and get more BE fans to come here and drown him out. Or try and get his posts moderated. Or maybe politely ask him to leave? Lol. But in all seriousness, it'd be nice to have some more teams point of view on basketball matters rather than just AAC and ACC on this site.

Eh, Holyland serves as the Big East board and then there's a reasonable amount of Holyland posters who also have accounts over here specifically for the realignment board. Seems to be a system that works.
08-04-2019 01:50 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-04-2019 01:50 PM)Bogg Wrote:  

Eh, Holyland serves as the Big East board and then there's a reasonable amount of Holyland posters who also have accounts over here specifically for the realignment board. Seems to be a system that works.
Ah, still might be worth a try to revive this one. Also, still not sure why I'm banned on Holy Land despite never posting on there, maybe one of their mods saw this thread? If so, that's really ridiculous.
08-04-2019 02:10 PM
Bogg Offline
All American

(08-04-2019 02:10 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  
(08-04-2019 01:50 PM)Bogg Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 08:40 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  Ah, there has to be some that could post on here though, I see a few BE fans all the time on the conference realignment board.

Ah, still might be worth a try to revive this one. Also, still not sure why I'm banned on Holy Land despite never posting on there, maybe one of their mods saw this thread? If so, that's really ridiculous.

Well, I doubt that they put in the time to thoroughly vet this site and preemptively block all AAC fans, but I can't speak for that website. That being said, I'd understand why they might not necessarily want you going over to their website with the intention of attempting to siphon away their users and shutter their board.
08-04-2019 04:19 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
The only way to revive this board is to make HuskyU Mod.

But GTS and his cronies will continue to deny the people what they want.
08-04-2019 06:28 PM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-04-2019 06:28 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  The only way to revive this board is to make HuskyU Mod.

But GTS and his cronies will continue to deny the people what they want.
I noticed your absence on the AAC board haha. Need a break from the constant UConn bashing/defending? Anyways I actually think GTS should appoint a couple active mods (You'd be a good option) to try and get this board going.
08-04-2019 07:06 PM
TheBasketBallOpinion Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Georgetown
Other board is good for BE talk and this one is good for conference realignment
08-04-2019 10:00 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
I would love to post more over here. Unfortunately, when a thread entitled Stever's Thoughts is one of the most discussed topics, it's easy to see why many don't post here.

The other thing that drove BE fans from posting here was the C7/FB split in 2012/2013, which saw a number of AAC posters consistently troll and/or attack BE fans. Many of those posters have since been banned from here, but I know Redman and Bragg were also banned from the AAC board during the turmoil. The AAC board used to be the Big East board, but when the split occurred, we were given our own "new" forum here, so it did not carry a lot over.

[EDIT: it seems Stever's Thoughts is no longer a thread. Did Stever delete it?]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019 10:10 AM by GoldenWarrior11.)
08-05-2019 10:09 AM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-05-2019 10:09 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  I would love to post more over here. Unfortunately, when a thread entitled Stever's Thoughts is one of the most discussed topics, it's easy to see why many don't post here.

The other thing that drove BE fans from posting here was the C7/FB split in 2012/2013, which saw a number of AAC posters consistently troll and/or attack BE fans. Many of those posters have since been banned from here, but I know Redman and Bragg were also banned from the AAC board during the turmoil. The AAC board used to be the Big East board, but when the split occurred, we were given our own "new" forum here, so it did not carry a lot over.

Ah that makes sense. Why wasnt there better moderation from the trolling? I wasn't on any forums back when the C7 split happened, but after the whole UCONN debacle I can definitely see how things could've gotten out of hand. Sucks AAC fans and BE fans cannot have healthy discussion on here anymore.
08-05-2019 12:16 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2019 12:16 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  
(08-05-2019 10:09 AM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  I would love to post more over here. Unfortunately, when a thread entitled Stever's Thoughts is one of the most discussed topics, it's easy to see why many don't post here.

Ah that makes sense. Why wasnt there better moderation from the trolling? I wasn't on any forums back when the C7 split happened, but after the whole UCONN debacle I can definitely see how things could've gotten out of hand. Sucks AAC fans and BE fans cannot have healthy discussion on here anymore.

There was a LOT of back and forth between the parties (which is why a separate board was necessary). They did the best they could at the time (there was just so much, especially at a time when there was so much uncertainty).

If you want some funny reads, go back and read some of the threads from 2012/2013 both here and on the AAC board (the former BE board). The times were so chaotic with membership, every rumor got everyone all fired up.
08-05-2019 02:00 PM
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-05-2019 02:00 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  
(08-05-2019 12:16 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  

There was a LOT of back and forth between the parties (which is why a separate board was necessary). They did the best they could at the time (there was just so much, especially at a time when there was so much uncertainty).

If you want some funny reads, go back and read some of the threads from 2012/2013 both here and on the AAC board (the former BE board). The times were so chaotic with membership, every rumor got everyone all fired up.
Haha I believe it. If you, the UCONN fans, BBO, and a few others start posting here regularly, that's a solid foundation and may start to attract others to come. That would be about the same amount of posters as the ACC board currently haha.
08-05-2019 04:17 PM
trephin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(08-05-2019 02:00 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  it seems Stever's Thoughts is no longer a thread. Did Stever delete it?]

Yes. He deleted it as part of an olive branch on the other board

Quote:There was a LOT of back and forth between the parties (which is why a separate board was necessary).

There was a deifinite negativity from fans of the football schools towards the fans of the basketball schools in the realignment years before the split, however, as far as I can remember, GTS created the board originally titled C7 then later renamed Big East when the split occurred and not because of animosity between fans.

The newly created board didn't last maybe 2 years before trolling drove much of the traffic away.
08-05-2019 07:37 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

(08-05-2019 07:37 PM)trephin Wrote:  
(08-05-2019 02:00 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  it seems Stever's Thoughts is no longer a thread. Did Stever delete it?]

Yes. He deleted it as part of an olive branch on the other board

Quote:There was a LOT of back and forth between the parties (which is why a separate board was necessary).

There was a deifinite negativity from fans of the football schools towards the fans of the basketball schools in the realignment years before the split, however, as far as I can remember, GTS created the board originally titled C7 then later renamed Big East when the split occurred and not because of animosity between fans.

The newly created board didn't last maybe 2 years before trolling drove much of the traffic away.

There was animosity before the new board was created too. There was a tremendous amount of condescension and entitlement from a specific (but very vocal) community. Not unlike UConn's membership in the AAC, the C7's membership was viewed as a financial benefit to the football schools, but - when they left - they were deemed a waste of space and projected to be "nothing more than the A10" and would fail on their own. BEH was the poster child of the movement.

Suffice to say, everything hit the fan when the Fox-BE and ESPN-AAC TV deals were announced just weeks apart in 2013. Massive freak outs happened and even more built-up jealousy and anger revealed itself. By that point, many BE posters made the move because it just wasn't fun to post or discuss college basketball anymore. Many of those negative anti-BE posters, like I said, have since been banned, so it is a much more enjoyable now than it was back then (and I wasn't even a poster then, just a long-term lurker/reader).
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019 09:49 PM by GoldenWarrior11.)
08-05-2019 09:49 PM
trephin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
there were bad feelings for sure. i'm just saying the board wasn't created as a response to them or problems between fans. GTS created the board because a new conference was created.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019 01:26 AM by trephin.)
08-06-2019 01:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.