Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Stewart at it again
Bookmark and Share
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Stewart at it again
For the second time in 18 months, Tony Stewart has assaulted a fan because he did not like something the fan said. What makes it even worse is that Tony owns the series which was running at the track that night.

Stewart has a long history of anger issues and was forced into anger management while driving in NASCAR. He is a loose cannon who allows his anger to control his actions.

Last year at the Chilibowl he was riding on the back of a tractor as they were prepping the track and heard a fan in the stand say something. He got down off the back of the tractor and went into the grandstands to go after the fan.

No other sport allows their competitors to do do the things he has gotten away with. Artest went after a verbally abusive fan and was promptly suspended for the remainder of the year.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019 12:12 AM by ncrdbl1.)
07-30-2019 12:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

RE: Stewart at it again
Here are the details. Saddens me so many of my fellow race fans try to rationalize this action.

"After the race, Stewart hung out in the pit area to sign autographs for the racing fans. A girl sat hunched over with a flag over her back as Tony bent down to sign it.

As that was happening, a harassing fan continued to comment at the dirt sprint car team owner. Fans pushed the fan back and told him to leave.

The man was persistent. He was telling Tony to let the little guys race. He stated that Tony had more money than he could earn in a lifetime.

Stewart addressed him with a middle finger and told him to, “**** off.”

The crowd of fans cheered as Stewart responded to the heckler. “Yeah Tony,” they said.

But, the heckler wasn’t done. “Hey Tony! I got two of them,” the man yelled, referring to engines.

Tony then bolted through a crowd of fans as the man retreated. Stewart chased him around the back up a truck. They met on the other side of the truck were Stewart immediately stuck him in the head.

The heckling stopped. Fans screamed in approval, “Yeah, **** you *****.”

After the altercation, the the three-time NASCAR Cup Series champion stuck around to hang with the fans a bit more. He iced his hand and went back to signing autographs for the girl that nearly missed out on the opportunity."

Nothing the guy said justifies the physical attack by Stewart.
07-30-2019 01:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners
Play stupid games

Win stupid prizes
07-30-2019 06:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
steves Offline
All American

I Root For: DA'TIGS'
Sounds like everyone had a good time !! They need to get more punches thrown at the big races. Someone needs to sock Kyle Bush !!! Just sayin' ...
07-30-2019 07:34 AM
BinghamptonNed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
sound like the racin fans do not agree with you. The thug, Stewart, seemed to have a lot of support in your account.
07-30-2019 08:57 AM
Advertisement

BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners

07-30-2019 09:08 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

Sad RE: Stewart at it again
(07-30-2019 08:57 AM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  sound like the racin fans do not agree with you. The thug, Stewart, seemed to have a lot of support in your account.

And if you look in the stands each week on TV or here locally you will see where that attitude has gotten us.

The worst elements of the sport have taken over and driven off the rest of the fan base and no one is stepping up to take their place.

Social media is destroying the sport by giving the lowest common denominator an outlet for their message.

Some of the oldest tracks in the US are closing these days.

The Syracuse Mile where the likes of Barney Oldfield ran in the early 1900s and home to one of the oldest and most prestigious Dirt Modified races in history recently closed.

Wall Stadium in NJ a track which had been around since 1949 will be closing after next season.

Manzanita Speedway home to the USAC Western World Chamionship the biggest dirt race in the western part of the US is now a storage site for a construction company.

These are just the major names which have or are closing in the past decade. Dozens of smaller lesser-known tracks follow suit every few years.

Social media has cultivated the mindset of the lowest common denominator of my favorite sport to the point where it is dying a slow death of a thousand cuts.
07-30-2019 03:41 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Hi

Is that the same dude who ran over and killed this young man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kzCu43Me5A

Where there's SMOKE, there's fire too

No need to blame it on social media dude

Was Tony ever charged for that fatal accident?
07-30-2019 08:49 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

Ever wonder what would happen if Nick Steinbrenner got pissed off at a booing fan and went into the stands at Yankee stadium and punched someone?
07-30-2019 09:21 PM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(07-30-2019 08:49 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Hi

Is that the same dude who ran over and killed this young man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kzCu43Me5A

Where there's SMOKE, there's fire too

No need to blame it on social media dude

Was Tony ever charged for that fatal accident?

No criminal charges but made a large civil payment to the kids family.

Many forget that this is the 2nd time in 7 months this has happened. He was helping to prep the track at the Chilibowl and was sitting on the back of the tractor and someone in the stands said something. He got off the tractor and went into the stands to go after the guy.
07-30-2019 09:27 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Not quite like running over a guy though
07-30-2019 09:37 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(07-30-2019 09:37 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Not quite like running over a guy though

Tractor was too slow to catch the guy in the stands.
07-30-2019 10:05 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Stewart killed that kid in anger in 2014.
07-31-2019 12:41 AM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
What sport is this anyway
07-31-2019 12:54 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(07-31-2019 12:41 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Stewart killed that kid in anger in 2014.

Even I do not think he intended to kill the kid, but many of us believe that he was attempting to intimidate the kid and miscalculated how close he was. But since the kid had THC in his bloodstream during autopsy the local LEO decided not to pursue legal action.

He has a history of trying to intimidate local drivers who run him hard. A year earlier in 2013 at the same event, he put another driver in the hospital with a broken vertebra.

Earlier this year I watched him catch the tire on the inside of the turn and come to rest a few feet in front of me against the outside wall. Do not and will not ever feel joy in anyone crashing, but I wasn't disappointed that it happened either. OK, maybe I had a small grin on my face.
07-31-2019 04:45 AM
3rdgenerationtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers & Bears
(07-30-2019 09:21 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  Ever wonder what would happen if Nick Steinbrenner got pissed off at a booing fan and went into the stands at Yankee stadium and punched someone?

Who the hell is Nick Steinbrenner?
08-01-2019 05:48 AM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

He killed that kid and the THC excuse is asinine.

His team was removing the tires off Tony's car and clearing any evidence as medics were attending the kid.

F Tony Stewart.
08-01-2019 10:07 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(08-01-2019 10:07 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  He killed that kid and the THC excuse is asinine.

His team was removing the tires off Tony's car and clearing any evidence as medics were attending the kid.

F Tony Stewart.

True, the team should have faced criminal charges for removing the right rear and hiding it in the trailer before the investigation. Accident or not, that is clearly obstruction of justice.

THC is not a stimulant so IF the kid had smoked it before the race he would have been mellow and not easily brought to anger wanting to confront another driver.

It was an Empire State Sprint Series event so it is not likely he smoked at the track. Too many people around.

What is most likely is that he had smoked it earlier in the week and the process of wrestling the car around the track in a five-layer drivers suit sitting right behind a hot engine, he ended up burning fat cells. It has been shown in a university study out of Australia that THC is stored in your fat cells and is released back into the bloodstream when you take part in any activity which causes the body to burn fat cells. The fat burning continues for up to an hour after you stop the activity. The kid laid on the ground for over 30 minutes while they worked on him.

But when the THC showed up in the medical report everyone just stopped investigating.
08-01-2019 06:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.