Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Leftist Gun Laws Do Not Stop The Determined
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Leftist Gun Laws Do Not Stop The Determined
Quote:One killed, 12 wounded in shooting in Brownsville, Brooklyn

One person died and 11 others were wounded in a shooting near a Brooklyn playground on Saturday night, police said.

New York police said Sunday that there were two shooters and two guns but no arrests have been made.

"We had a terrible shooting in Brownsville tonight that shattered a peaceful neighborhood event," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted soon after the incident.

"Our hearts go out to the victims," he added. "We will do everything in our power to keep this community safe and get guns off our streets."

NBC New York reported that it appeared the attack took place during an annual community event called Oldtimers Day. Though the festival was nearing its end, about 100 officers were still in the area when the shooting occurred, police said.

n unidentified 38-year-old man had died at an area hospital after being shot in the head. Another man is in critical condition, police said.

NBC New York reported that as many as 12 people were hit in the 11 p.m. shooting. Six of those injured were men and five were women, all ranging between 21 and 55 years old.

Link

At least 48 people were shot — eight fatally — in incidents of gun violence within city limits over the weekend.

Shootings escalated as the weekend went on: Nine people were wounded Friday after 5 p.m., 15 were shot Saturday and Sunday saw 24 people shot.

On Sunday, a 3-year-old boy died from what Chicago police said may be an accidental gunshot wound in South Deering.

Family members told police they were in another room in the 9600 block of South Escanaba when they heard a gunshot at about 4:15 p.m., CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. They rushed to see what happened and found the boy with the gun. He suffered a gunshot wound to the face, police said.

Family members took the boy to Trinity Hospital where he was pronounced dead, Guglielmi said.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office hasn’t provided details about his death.

The Department of Children and Family Services has been called in to assist police investigations, Guglielmi said.

Link

A young boy, a teenage girl and a young man were killed in a mass shooting at a Northern California garlic festival that left a dozen other people wounded, police said Monday. The 19-year-old gunman, who also died in the Sunday evening shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, bought his "AK-47-type" weapon legally in Nevada, Gilroy's police chief said.

The deceased victims were identified by officials as 6-year-old Stephen Luciano Romero of San Jose, 13-year-old Keyla Salazar and Trevor Irby, who the police said was in his 20s. The medical examiner's office identified Romero overnight, and Irby was identified Monday by the president of his alma mater, Keuka College in upstate New York.

During a Monday morning press conference, Gilroy Police Chief Scot Smithee confirmed the gunman has been identified as Santino William Legan, 19. The police chief said investigators haven't found a motive for the shooting.

"Anytime a life is lost it's a tragedy, and when it's young people it's even worse, and it's very difficult," Smithee told reporters. "... It seems that this was a random act, but, again, we've got a long way to go before we can come to a determination what his motivation was."

Smithee told reporters in a late-night briefing that Gilroy officers engaged the gunman within a minute of shots ringing out and killed him.

Link
07-29-2019 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball?
RE: Leftist Gun Laws Do Not Stop The Determined
Wait a minute, I thought it was leftists who politicize tragedies, or so I’ve read on this board for years. I guess this is different.

I would say I’m surprised none of the righties here called you out but that wouldn’t be truthful.
07-29-2019 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(07-29-2019 11:35 PM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  Wait a minute, I thought it was leftists who politicize tragedies, or so I’ve read on this board for years. I guess this is different.

I would say I’m surprised none of the righties here called you out but that wouldn’t be truthful.

Watch CNN and tell me how many of those make the news.. I'll tell you what.. I'll make it easy, tell me how many hours those stories get vs a kid wearing a MAGA hat and smirking... I'll await your answer.
07-30-2019 06:18 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Exactly. Their gun laws don't work which is why eventually, the narrative will change from "no one needs an AR-15" to "no one needs a gun period". For some of the far left kooks, the narrative already has changed. Full on confiscation is the end game. Look at how they wet themselves over England, Australia, and New Zealand's ridiculous anti-gun laws. It must suck for them knowing that old amendment # 2 is written into the Bill of Rights.

molon labe
07-30-2019 07:17 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(07-30-2019 07:17 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Exactly. Their gun laws don't work which is why eventually, the narrative will change from "no one needs an AR-15" to "no one needs a gun period". For some of the far left kooks, the narrative already has changed. Full on confiscation is the end game. Look at how they wet themselves over England, Australia, and New Zealand's ridiculous anti-gun laws. It must suck for them knowing that old amendment # 2 is written into the Bill of Rights.
molon labe

Here is the problem that they don't address. Those strict gun laws are not the reason those countries have low rates of gun violence.

How can I say this? Easy, those low rates of gun violence were there before they had those gun laws. So obviously, the low rates of gun violence are attributable to something other than those gun laws
07-30-2019 07:51 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
So...you're basically arguing for no laws then...since there will always be people determined to break them? Odd.
07-30-2019 08:28 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Pretty simple concept, laws only affect those willing to abide by them*.

*pertaining to before caught and charged.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019 08:38 AM by Paul M.)
07-30-2019 08:36 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
So Democrat run shiteholes are shiteholes despite laws
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019 08:39 AM by shere khan.)
07-30-2019 08:38 AM
gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

(07-30-2019 06:18 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(07-29-2019 11:35 PM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  Wait a minute, I thought it was leftists who politicize tragedies, or so I’ve read on this board for years. I guess this is different.

Watch CNN and tell me how many of those make the news.. I'll tell you what.. I'll make it easy, tell me how many hours those stories get vs a kid wearing a MAGA hat and smirking... I'll await your answer.

I don’t watch CNN and I’m not about to start but solid deflection. I guess it is ok to politicize tragedies when it’s convenient. Thanks for that info!
07-30-2019 09:04 AM
gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

I don’t watch CNN and I’m not about to start but solid deflection. I guess it is ok to politicize tragedies when it’s convenient. Thanks for that info!
07-30-2019 11:12 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-30-2019 11:12 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  

Not a solid deflection. It's a rebuttal to your quip. If you don't want to have debate or talk, please review the AUP and you may want to crawl back under the rock you were under Jon.
07-30-2019 11:21 AM
Advertisement

gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

(07-30-2019 11:21 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

Not a solid deflection. It's a rebuttal to your quip. If you don't want to have debate or talk, please review the AUP and you may want to crawl back under the rock you were under Jon.

I’m not quite sure what rock you are referring to but I did use the walkway under Ayala ave today so maybe that’s it?

Bringing up CNNs coverage of different topics does absolutely nothing to address my point about the fact that if someone had blamed the Cali shooting referenced above on Nevada’s gun laws, that person would have been jumped on (for good reason) for politicizing a tragedy. It’s not a rebuttal it’s a blatant deflection. Sad you tried to argue that.

So I take it you are in favor of politicizing tragedies when it’s convenient as well? That’s cute!
07-31-2019 12:57 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(07-31-2019 12:57 AM)gobluebigjon Wrote:  
(07-30-2019 11:21 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

I’m not quite sure what rock you are referring to but I did use the walkway under Ayala ave today so maybe that’s it?

Bringing up CNNs coverage of different topics does absolutely nothing to address my point about the fact that if someone had blamed the Cali shooting referenced above on Nevada’s gun laws, that person would have been jumped on (for good reason) for politicizing a tragedy. It’s not a rebuttal it’s a blatant deflection. Sad you tried to argue that.

So I take it you are in favor of politicizing tragedies when it’s convenient as well? That’s cute!

No but who’s politicizing it? And you don’t want to have the conversation unless you’re trying to say it’s the conservatives that do it. The MSM only does it when certain boxes are checked: shooter must be a white male that’s conservative. Otherwise it’s a non issue. The kids that shot up the STEM school got less air time on CNN and MSNBC than the Parkland shootings. Less air time than Nick Sandmann smiling at a man trying to provoke him. No democratic senator or representative preaches gun control unless the boxes are checked. I don’t see anyone preaching gun control on the senate floor after a bloody weekend in Chicago but let whitey shoot 3 people of different races at a 7/11 and life must change. But please continue telling me how I’m deflecting. I know damn well what I’m saying.
07-31-2019 05:12 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Except this isn't politicizing tragedy. It's using tragedy as a gauge for the ridiculous depths you loons are willing to sink to in impinging my rights while ignoring the dynamics of such tragedies as exist in your own back yards.
07-31-2019 05:50 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Oh look, another new loon makes an appearance to wail and gnash his teeth about something, anything. All that "look at me" attention seeking we've come to know and love on full display.
07-31-2019 05:54 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Yep.. Reminds me of Johnny0
07-31-2019 06:13 AM
Advertisement

gobluebigjon Offline
1st String

(07-31-2019 05:50 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Except this isn't politicizing tragedy. It's using tragedy as a gauge for the ridiculous depths you loons are willing to sink to in impinging my rights while ignoring the dynamics of such tragedies as exist in your own back yards.

Yeah starting off with “leftist gun laws” isn’t politicizing these shootings? Amazing you actually typed that. By the way I live in Arizona and am completely fine with the gun laws here so us loons who want to impinge on your rights is a huge swing and miss.

Since I don’t want to submit a second post to your other nonsensical post, where you again, referred to me as a loon (name calling is always a sign of confidence in ones stance), it seems you take internet message boards a little too seriously if you think I was gnashing my teeth. Something to consider, maybe you should take a break and regroup.
08-01-2019 01:14 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
The 3 stories are from places where there's the strictest gun control policies in the country, but guess what the gun violence is there. These laws only affect law abiding citizens.

I get it.. The left does no wrong when it drones on for hours on end about gun violence if the shooter marks all the right boxes, hell they'll even organize a march and bring in several kids that can spout off anti-gun rhetoric.
08-01-2019 06:32 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Really a message board poster is politicizing this, wow I didn't know he was a producer at CNN. STFU
08-01-2019 06:39 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(07-30-2019 08:28 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  So...you're basically arguing for no laws then...since there will always be people determined to break them? Odd.

Odd because it's completely false. Not remotely the argument.

The argument is that 'what the left proposes' might sound good on paper, but clearly doesn't work... because even in places where they have controlled the laws for decades, these things happen with some frequency.
The fact that such laws have had some impact in other countries is a red-herring because as Owl notes, they were lower long before the passage.

Those on the left who agree with this position argue that means we should ban guns outright
Those on the right who agree with this position know that can't happen (at least not without a whole lot of violence or turning law abiding people into criminals)... and want to talk about things that will impact criminals with guns and not merely law abiding citizens.

The biggest problem with the left's solutions here is that they WILL be effective in getting guns away from law abiding citizens... which will have essentially zero impact on criminals... which is what this argument is about.

People willing to KILL people and thus face the penalty for that, won't care about a charge for owning an illegal weapon. I mean seriously... the purpose of such a charge is to deter the action. If someone will change their behavior to avoid a gun charge, they SURE as heck will change their behavior to avoid a murder charge.... so they aren't a problem.

Yes it IS different. It is one thing to talk about what happened. It is something else to put a dead body on display or parade wounded women and children around as victims.

Saying you shouldn't politicize a tragedy (in the way you seem to want to do it) means we shouldn't talk about political solutions (or failures to create them) which is obviously not a very smart position to take.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019 10:55 AM by Hambone10.)
08-01-2019 10:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.