Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank the CUSA football stadiums
Bookmark and Share
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
Rank the CUSA football stadiums
I'll post mine later. Interested to see what others think.
07-21-2019 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Rank the CUSA football stadiums
clt would rank Charlotte first, but we are still finding nattie light cans in our creek from marshal fans
07-21-2019 06:45 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
If you haven't seen these stadiums in person, how are you going to rank them? You going by the numbers of seats? Or by someone else opinion who probably hasn't visited the stadiums they ranked?

I was at the beach till a few days ago and standing on the balcony of our condo, on the 8th floor. I saw what looked like a few hard body 10s. I thought better, bring my sun glasses, so the wife dont see me peeking. By the time we set up, those 10s looked more like 5 or 6s and hard bodies looked like middle age spread wasn't far off.

Till you see it up close and in person...you cant rank something
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 06:59 PM by WKUYG.)
07-21-2019 06:56 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

clt says beach condo? Sorry about that bro, get a beach house
07-21-2019 06:59 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2019 06:59 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says beach condo? Sorry about that bro, get a beach house

You dont get the view, that we like from a beach house. We tried that and went to the condo and the things you see in the ocean from 80 feet in the air. Well it's amazing, especially early morning . I've seen sharks with in yards of people and I've seen sharks going right at people then turn out to deeper water when they get with in inches.
07-21-2019 07:10 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2019 06:56 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  If you haven't seen these stadiums in person, how are you going to rank them? You going by the numbers of seats? Or by someone else opinion who probably hasn't visited the stadiums they ranked?

I was at the beach till a few days ago and standing on the balcony of our condo, on the 8th floor. I saw what looked like a few hard body 10s. I thought better, bring my sun glasses, so the wife dont see me peeking. By the time we set up, those 10s looked more like 5 or 6s and hard bodies looked like middle age spread wasn't far off.

I have been to a lot of the stadiums. Figured others on here had as well.
07-21-2019 07:31 PM
Advertisement

ODUODUODU Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
North Texas seems to be the nicest. Marshall seems to have the best spirited crowds.
07-21-2019 07:34 PM
ThUnDeRiNtHeHoLe Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall U
I've only been to one conference mates stadium and that was FAU for our 2014 bowl game. I was blown away honestly, if I was recruit there would be no doubt in my mind with choosing FAU. What a beautiful campus and stadium. I can literally see the beach from the top of the stadium seats. Very cool place.
07-21-2019 07:41 PM
Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
07-21-2019 07:44 PM
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
Here is an exhaustive rankings of the CUSA stadiums I have been to:

1. Apogee Stadium
2. The Alamodome

Welp, there it is. Plan to attend the UNT vs Rice game this year in Houston, so hoping to add a 3rd stadium soon.
07-21-2019 07:48 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(07-21-2019 07:34 PM)ODUODUODU Wrote:  North Texas seems to be the nicest. Marshall seems to have the best spirited crowds.

Yeah big difference between stadium and atmosphere. Are we looking at gameday, empty, architecture, history, beauty, amenities, etc? Like guns said most of us would only know from pictures. I would say generally less than 200 travel with the teams so there aren't that many people at these games to make a real judgement. There are articles from people that toured CUSA stadiums and made the call. They are also objective, or at least more so than us.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/6/6...-tech-utsa
07-21-2019 07:49 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2019 07:31 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  
(07-21-2019 06:56 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  If you haven't seen these stadiums in person, how are you going to rank them? You going by the numbers of seats? Or by someone else opinion who probably hasn't visited the stadiums they ranked?

I have been to a lot of the stadiums. Figured others on here had as well.

My take from reading this board since Western jointed....

most fans on here might travel if the game is with in 300 or so miles (down and back). Most are fans with families and not able to spend $300+ dollars for an away game that you are driving 7 to 14 hours and spending a night or two in a hotel. Especially with most on some form of "TV"

Then you have those that might have went to a lot of away games...but over a long period of years. Stadiums change
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 07:55 PM by WKUYG.)
07-21-2019 07:53 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2019 07:10 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(07-21-2019 06:59 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says beach condo? Sorry about that bro, get a beach house

You dont get the view, that we like from a beach house. We tried that and went to the condo and the things you see in the ocean from 80 feet in the air. Well it's amazing, especially early morning . I've seen sharks with in yards of people and I've seen sharks going right at people then turn out to deeper water when they get with in inches.

clt understands, enjoy myrtle beach sc
07-21-2019 08:00 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I haven't been to North Texas but based on pictures I would say that they are up there with FAU for the best stadium going off of pictures and reports from others.

Here is how I would list the stadiums in CUSA.

Tier 1- FAU, North Texas

Tier 2- Marshall, So Miss, MTSU, UTSA

Tier 3- ODU, Charlotte, Rice, UTEP, WKU

Tier 4- FIU, La Tech, UAB
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 08:44 PM by herdfan129.)
07-21-2019 08:42 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Have you not heard of something called the photograph yet? Or even nowadays, something called video? Sounds like someone is trying to protect their embarrassing stadium by trashing an incredibly valid thread. Hence another reason to laugh at West Kentucky.
07-21-2019 09:07 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2019 09:07 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

Have you not heard of something called the photograph yet? Or even nowadays, something called video? Sounds like someone is trying to protect their embarrassing stadium by trashing an incredibly valid thread. Hence another reason to laugh at West Kentucky.

I haven't heard many people that actually visited Western that had anything bad to say about the FB stadium or campus. So to answer you question, no.

You can see pictures of the Grand canyon or the Empire State Building and neither one gives a clear view of either. Standing looking over the Grand Cannon is 1000 times better than any picture. Seeing the Empire State Building in person is a let down from pictures. I hear people talk about the street going under S. Miss stadium as being cool. In person it actually looks like something you should try to avoid, after dark. Other than that I like the layout of the stadium. My first time of watching a FB from there will be this season. So no, pictures or video or others opinions dont tell you a lot about a stadium

I understand why you would rather go by pictures....you dont even go to S. Miss games.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2019 02:29 AM by WKUYG.)
07-21-2019 09:30 PM
Advertisement

chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
1) The Joan, large stadium, decent amenities, good tailgating/bars near the stadium. I plan to attend every game we play there.

2) Richardson Stadium. I’m biased but it’s awesome, there just needs to be more.

3) Foreman Field. This is before the renovations and it was showing its age. Still I liked the atmosphere and the artillery piece was pretty cool.

4) The Floyd. I don’t like the layout and it felt run down. There’s was a decent tailgate scene though.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 09:40 PM by chidave.)
07-21-2019 09:37 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(07-21-2019 08:00 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  
(07-21-2019 07:10 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

clt understands, enjoy myrtle beach sc

Never been.
We spend our time between PC Beach and S. Fla (Fort Lauderdale) and one week a year in either Treasure Island or Ft Myers Beach
07-21-2019 09:38 PM
DawgNBama Online
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(07-21-2019 09:30 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(07-21-2019 09:07 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

I haven't heard many people that actually visited Western that had anything bad to say about the FB stadium or campus. So to answer you question, no.

You can see pictures of the Grand Cannon or the Empire State Building and neither one gives a clear view of either. Standing looking over the Grand Cannon is 1000 times better than any picture. Seeing the Empire State Building in person is a let down from pictures. I hear people talk about the street going under S. Miss stadium as being cool. In person it actually looks like something you should try to avoid, after dark. Other than that I like the layout of the stadium. My first time of watching a FB from there will be this season. So no, pictures or video or others opinions dont tell you a lot about a stadium

I understand why you would rather go by pictures....you dont even go to S. Miss games.

I would agree with that. Seeing pictures of Bryant-Denny pre-expansion and actually being in there pre-expansion was very different. Pictures don't really do it justice. The place was enormous before it was expanded, and I can only guess at how it looks like now, and this is coming from a rival fan of 'Bama. A fan of a small college would definitely call that stadium intimidating, as opposed to fans of a team like Michigan who are would probably not even be fazed by it.
07-21-2019 11:32 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
The Rock is #1

[Image: m_footbl_auto_original_9800951.jpeg]
07-22-2019 12:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.