Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Defend your honor!
Garrettabc Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida State
Defend your honor!
https://csnbbs.com/thread-878762-post-16...id16200666

I’m in the middle of an internet spat with my ACC brethern. Pertaining to football only, I said that the only difference between the ACC and AAC is Clemson and later back peddled to admit I thought the bottom of the ACC is a bit stronger than the bottom of the AAC. The newest development is that someone said that no team in the AAC would finish in the top half of the ACC. I went on to give 4 examples: UCF, Houston, Memphis, UC that would with UCF being the second best team behind Clemson.

You can clearly see my dilemma. You don’t have to comment on the ACC board, though I’d like to get your opinion and maybe see if I’m still grounded in reality.
07-18-2019 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
RE: Defend your honor!
Wait until UConn is replaced and your argument will carry a ton more weight.
07-18-2019 01:25 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
I dont defend my honor at the request of a FSU Semenpole.
07-18-2019 01:29 PM
cscottl1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Defend your honor!
Of those 4, you might have multiple teams finish in the top half. That wouldn’t be a huge shock IMO. UCF in the last couple years would definitely be top 4. Others would certainly have a shot too. My main concern would be injuries throughout the season and the lack of defense played by teams in the AAC.

Florida State would be tough with all of their talent and depth. Miami too. Other teams are up and down depending on the year, but generally speaking I don’t think the talent gap is as big amongst the rest. Some of the remaining ACC teams would have us beat on depth I would imagine.
07-18-2019 01:41 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(07-18-2019 01:20 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  https://csnbbs.com/thread-878762-post-16...id16200666

I’m in the middle of an internet spat with my ACC brethern. Pertaining to football only, I said that the only difference between the ACC and AAC is Clemson and later back peddled to admit I thought the bottom of the ACC is a bit stronger than the bottom of the AAC. The newest development is that someone said that no team in the AAC would finish in the top half of the ACC. I went on to give 4 examples: UCF, Houston, Memphis, UC that would with UCF being the second best team behind Clemson.

You can clearly see my dilemma. You don’t have to comment on the ACC board, though I’d like to get your opinion and maybe see if I’m still grounded in reality.

Proof Brewing is pretty solid.

Send me some LaLa Land and I'll defend whatever you want. 04-cheers
07-18-2019 01:45 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
Ucf beat the breaks off of the coastal division winner last year. All the proof you need.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2019 03:42 PM by jaredf29.)
07-18-2019 01:50 PM
Advertisement

SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
*sigh*

I'm not going to argue with you. I believe you, and I've said so on this board even though fans of the AAC argue with me. I've believed the American was as good as the bottom P5 conferences for a while now.

But the practical problem is that there is no real way to prove it.

Our undefeated, untied champion is NOT going to get a shot at the CFP for the foreseeable future.
The P5 looks down on scheduling us.
When they do, it's a 2-1, and then not only is it a large disadvantage our own fans criticize us for scheduling it, even when we win at their place.
Every win is considered an upset, and every upset comes with an "but but but..."

Arguing with people on the internet over this isn't going to convince them. We hae to continue to plug away.
07-18-2019 01:59 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
I'd say we are more comparable to the PAC at this point than the ACC.
07-18-2019 02:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
I appreciate garrettabc bringing this over here but it’s true it’s of no real consequence because the A5 has separated its self very solidly and looks like there’s no looking back
Case in point, if the AAC had three teams in the AP top 10 every year for the next 10 years nothing would change , the perception of g5 teams regardless of how good they are will be preceived as an inferior product even though several of our teams were in a major conference not long ago
For me personally it peeves me to no end to see a whole lot of teams in the A5 that are not any better than they ever were despite now being in the A5 club and despite having a lot more money but now have a condescending belief that they are somehow always been better or something like that
Also the cfp committee in place to protect the A5 from g5 incroachment as well as what looks like only a select few
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2019 02:52 PM by JHS55.)
07-18-2019 02:47 PM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
(07-18-2019 02:08 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  I'd say we are more comparable to the PAC at this point than the ACC.

The AAC has been better than the PAC the last 2 years in both football and basketball.
07-18-2019 02:56 PM
Garrettabc Offline
All American

(07-18-2019 01:45 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(07-18-2019 01:20 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  https://csnbbs.com/thread-878762-post-16...id16200666

Proof Brewing is pretty solid.

Send me some LaLa Land and I'll defend whatever you want. 04-cheers

Proof is the most popular of the local breweries here in Tallahassee. Most micro-breweries try to get too cute with their flavors and end up with a beer with a weird taste. I’ll try some LaLa Land on your recommendation, but I cant promise that I won’t drink it all before I send it04-cheers
07-18-2019 03:14 PM
Advertisement

JHS55 Offline
All American

I was just reading that ACC post by Garrett and no surprises
Iam a houston fan have been sense I can remember , early 70s, so when I see teams like Louisville, Pittsburgh and others cast in some kind of college football revelance that is somehow soooo much better than houstons is a case study in brain washing, I can remember going to a houston game against Florida st when I was a kid and Houston winning, this was normal beating FSU untill Bowden became coach then this 20 year old history ended and FSU became the top team we all know today, this is not gonna happen in today’s college football so you Garrett should probably think about other topics to talk about at your board so you don’t get a bad reputation over there
Just say’n
07-18-2019 03:23 PM
AusTxPony Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
The difference is quality depth, especially in the Linemen. First team wise the AAC can hold their own with the PAC and ACC.
07-18-2019 03:26 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(07-18-2019 03:26 PM)AusTxPony Wrote:  The difference is quality depth, especially in the Linemen. First team wise the AAC can hold their own with the PAC and ACC.

minus Clemson
07-18-2019 03:29 PM
Garrettabc Offline
All American

(07-18-2019 03:23 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  I was just reading that ACC post by Garrett and no surprises
Iam a houston fan have been sense I can remember , early 70s, so when I see teams like Louisville, Pittsburgh and others cast in some kind of college football revelance that is somehow soooo much better than houstons is a case study in brain washing, I can remember going to a houston game against Florida st when I was a kid and Houston winning, this was normal beating FSU untill Bowden became coach then this 20 year old history ended and FSU became the top team we all know today, this is not gonna happen in today’s college football so you Garrett should probably think about other topics to talk about at your board so you don’t get a bad reputation over there
Just say’n

Did you attend the game where the FSU player came from the bench to make the TD saving tackle? I have to laugh every time I think about that one. UH-FSU has a little bit of history and would make for an oddly delicious rivalry game.
07-18-2019 03:34 PM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC

I've seen your contribution over there. It is appreciated.

However, whenever I go on there and speak my mind, cuseroc always threatens to ban me.

I'm not even trolling. He's just a bit thin skinned...
07-18-2019 03:40 PM
Advertisement

JHS55 Offline
All American

(07-18-2019 03:34 PM)Garrettabc Wrote:  
(07-18-2019 03:23 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  I was just reading that ACC post by Garrett and no surprises
Just

Did you attend the game where the FSU player came from the bench to make the TD saving tackle? I have to laugh every time I think about that one. UH-FSU has a little bit of history and would make for an oddly delicious rivalry game.
No I don’t remember that one but back in the day starting in 1960 Tallahassee and houston
We’re traveling on buses on I-10, a gulf coast kind of thing, each team when passing through Baton Rouge would flip LSU the finger for being “ too good to play houston, so I was told
07-18-2019 05:04 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

The only time I know of a player coming off the bench to tackle a player running with the ball was an Alabama player came off the bench to tackle a rice running back that was a sure touchdown
Rice beat Alabama in the cotton bowl, don’t remember what year, 58 ?

It was 1954 cotton bowl
Rice 28
Bama 6
Imagine that and rice finished that year a final AP #6
What ever happened to rice, gosh... lol
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2019 05:19 PM by JHS55.)
07-18-2019 05:11 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
There was a national sports writer this past week that said this exact thing...that there is no difference in football between the ACC and AAC if you take Clemson out of the equation. I can't remember which one it was.
07-18-2019 05:14 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

(07-18-2019 05:14 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  There was a national sports writer this past week that said this exact thing...that there is no difference in football between the ACC and AAC if you take Clemson out of the equation. I can't remember which one it was.
That “ national sports writer “ is probably in memphis
07-18-2019 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.