Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Federal court smacks trump again.
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Federal court smacks trump again.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/judge-blocks-d...20696.html

Quote:The federal judge overseeing the census case in the Southern District of New York has blocked the government's motion to withdraw its team of lawyers who had been working on the case previously.

07-coffee3
07-10-2019 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Federal court smacks trump again.
Shouldn't your thread title have been -

Liberal court smacks Trump again.

At this point in time there is no doubt that the Left views the court system as a means of pushing their Liberal agendas and have installed enough ultra Liberal judges to enable them to use the courts in that manner. The 9th Circuit for example is one of their favorites to utilize in achieving their political goals.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2019 08:38 AM by ODU BBALL.)
07-10-2019 08:36 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
So asking if someone is a citizen or not on a census is illegal now but wasn't for every other census taken except the one Obama removed the question on?

Do I have this correct?
07-10-2019 08:40 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(07-10-2019 08:40 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  So asking if someone is a citizen or not on a census is illegal now but wasn't for every other census taken except the one Obama removed the question on?

Do I have this correct?

How dare us wanting to know how many citizens there are in our country!!!!! (Or how many illegals).
07-10-2019 08:50 AM
Oman Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis !!
(07-10-2019 08:40 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  So asking if someone is a citizen or not on a census is illegal now but wasn't for every other census taken except the one Obama removed the question on?

Do I have this correct?

no, it's not illegal, never has been and the court has not said that it is. the court ruling was that the govt did not show a convincing reason why it was adding the question back, even though the govt has the right to ask it.

I'm not an attorney, but it doesn't make sense to me that i have to have a reason for doing something that is my right to do.

The left can have their come-apart over this, but EVERYONE who puts politics aside should admit it's a reasonable and important piece of information.
07-10-2019 08:51 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Leftists want illegals counted for congressional representation.
07-10-2019 08:54 AM
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(07-10-2019 08:54 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Leftists want illegals counted for congressional representation.

And for getting additional Federal Funding (our Federal Tax dollars) for their communities.
07-10-2019 08:56 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO

Do I have this correct?

The last time the citizenship question was included on the census for ALL households was 1950.

Quote:The last time a citizenship question was among the census questions for all U.S. households was in 1950. That form asked where each person was born and in a follow-up question asked, "If foreign born — Is he naturalized?"

In 1960, there was no such question about citizenship, only about place of birth.

By 1970, the Census Bureau began sending out two different census forms, a long-form and a short-form. The long form was sent to only about 1 in 6 households and included detailed questions ranging from household income to levels of education attained by the members of the household. The citizenship question was included in the long form, but not the short form.

Quote:Starting in 1970, questions about citizenship were included in the long-form questionnaire but not the short form. For instance, in 2000, those who received the long form were asked, "Is this person a CITIZEN of the United States?"

The short form kept it simple: name, relationship, age, sex, Hispanic origin, race, marital status and whether the home is owned or rented.

As for whether Obama removed the question from the 2010 census...

Quote:Later, the census added the American Community Survey, conducted every year and sent to 3.5 million households. It began being fully implemented in 2005. It asks many of the same questions as the census long-form surveys from 1970 to 2000, including the citizenship question.

Sanders said that in 2010 the citizenship question was removed. In fact, there was no long form that year — it had been replaced by the annual American Community Survey. The decennial census form asked just 10 questions.

So the census started sending out an American Community Survey annually that included a lot of the same questions that used to be included in the long form census. Since the American Community Survey is sent out every year, there was no need to include the long form census in 2010. Therefore the citizenship question was not included, as it was only ever in the long form that was sent to a fraction of U.S. Households.

NPR
07-10-2019 09:05 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(07-10-2019 08:51 AM)Oman Wrote:  

Do I have this correct?

no, it's not illegal, never has been and the court has not said that it is. the court ruling was that the govt did not show a convincing reason why it was adding the question back, even though the govt has the right to ask it.

I'm not an attorney, but it doesn't make sense to me that i have to have a reason for doing something that is my right to do.

The left can have their come-apart over this, but EVERYONE who puts politics aside should admit it's a reasonable and important piece of information.

This latest Judicial action appears to be taking control over what Lawyers the DOJ can assign to work their case. That sounds bizarre to me.

Where on earth was this Judge when Mueller was selecting his politically biased, hard left leaning team of Lawyers?
07-10-2019 09:07 AM
450bench Offline

Not a big deal at all. If Trump pushes it to a higher court, the ruling will be overturned.
07-10-2019 09:12 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(07-10-2019 08:50 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

Do I have this correct?

How dare us wanting to know how many citizens there are in our country!!!!! (Or how many illegals).

That's the overriding fear.

That the American people suddenly find out that number is a LOT closer to 40 Million than the "reported" 10 million.

The illegal alien deniers have used that 10mm number for a generation or more. Anyone really believe that? Anyone wonder why are systems are overwhelmed? Why we have tent incampments springing up all over, even now in Austin Tx?

National and cultural suicide. 07-coffee3
07-10-2019 09:12 AM
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(07-10-2019 09:05 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  

Do I have this correct?

The last time the citizenship question was included on the census for ALL households was 1950.

Quote:The last time a citizenship question was among the census questions for all U.S. households was in 1950. That form asked where each person was born and in a follow-up question asked, "If foreign born — Is he naturalized?"

In 1960, there was no such question about citizenship, only about place of birth.

By 1970, the Census Bureau began sending out two different census forms, a long-form and a short-form. The long form was sent to only about 1 in 6 households and included detailed questions ranging from household income to levels of education attained by the members of the household. The citizenship question was included in the long form, but not the short form.

Quote:Starting in 1970, questions about citizenship were included in the long-form questionnaire but not the short form. For instance, in 2000, those who received the long form were asked, "Is this person a CITIZEN of the United States?"

The short form kept it simple: name, relationship, age, sex, Hispanic origin, race, marital status and whether the home is owned or rented.

Quote:Later, the census added the American Community Survey, conducted every year and sent to 3.5 million households. It began being fully implemented in 2005. It asks many of the same questions as the census long-form surveys from 1970 to 2000, including the citizenship question.

Sanders said that in 2010 the citizenship question was removed. In fact, there was no long form that year — it had been replaced by the annual American Community Survey. The decennial census form asked just 10 questions.

So the census started sending out an American Community Survey annually that included a lot of the same questions that used to be included in the long form census. Since the American Community Survey is sent out every year, there was no need to include the long form census in 2010. Therefore the citizenship question was not included, as it was only ever in the long form that was sent to a fraction of U.S. Households.

NPR

There have been numerous changes and tweaks to the Census form since its origin.

The real questions here are simple and should not be political at all....

Should we know how many U.S. Citizens reside in our country?
Should we know how many NON-U.S. Citizens reside in our country?

My answer to both is - Of Course.
07-10-2019 09:16 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I'm just going to leave this here......

Hola: Majority of Hispanic voters approve of citizenship question on U.S. census

Two-thirds of voters approve of a citizenship question on the 2020 census, and that includes a majority of Hispanic voters — despite claims by Democratic lawmakers that the inquiry would discourage participation in Latino communities.

A Harvard University Center for American Political Studies/Harris poll found that 67% of all registered U.S. voters say the census should ask the citizenship question when the time comes. That includes 88% of Republicans, 63% of independents and 52% of Democrats.

Most notably, the poll found that 55% of Hispanic voters favor the idea.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...-question/

You numbnuts really know how to pick the issues.
07-10-2019 09:19 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
The title of the thread should be "Obama judge acts extremely petty over minor issue by denying commonly used procedure to substitute attorneys assigned to the case."
07-10-2019 09:21 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(07-10-2019 09:12 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Do I have this correct?

That the American people suddenly find out that number is a LOT closer to 40 Million than the "reported" 10 million.

The illegal alien deniers have used that 10mm number for a generation or more. Anyone really believe that? Anyone wonder why are systems are overwhelmed? Why we have tent incampments springing up all over, even now in Austin Tx?

I recall 11 Million first being used around 2006. "Pew" constantly tweets the same number today. It is likely much much higher.
07-10-2019 09:23 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(07-10-2019 07:16 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  https://www.yahoo.com/gma/judge-blocks-d...20696.html

Quote:The federal judge overseeing the census case in the Southern District of New York has blocked the government's motion to withdraw its team of lawyers who had been working on the case previously.

07-coffee3

Imagine that.
Why doesn’t some genius here explain why the citizen question should NOT be on the census. CB, you’re up. Let us have the answer since I haven’t heard a good one yet. I’m sure you can deliver quickly without going to the yahoo news to search for an answer. 07-coffee3
07-10-2019 09:29 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(07-10-2019 08:36 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  Shouldn't your thread title have been -

Liberal court smacks Trump again.

At this point in time there is no doubt that the Left views the court system as a means of pushing their Liberal agendas and have installed enough ultra Liberal judges to enable them to use the courts in that manner. The 9th Circuit for example is one of their favorites to utilize in achieving their political goals.

Yep. Rather than doing their job they tried to stick it to Trump.
This guy is unfit for office.
07-10-2019 10:53 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(07-10-2019 08:51 AM)Oman Wrote:  

Do I have this correct?

That's why the Supreme Court should have thrown it out. If its legal, it doesn't matter if you have bad thoughts in your head at the time.

If you buy that Boston Creme pie and eat it while fantasize throwing it in the face of some moronic liberal Hollywood celebrity, that still doesn't make it a crime to buy the pie.
07-10-2019 10:55 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(07-10-2019 09:23 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(07-10-2019 09:12 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Do I have this correct?

I recall 11 Million first being used around 2006. "Pew" constantly tweets the same number today. It is likely much much higher.

A few flowed out during the recession. I doubt it is much higher. Its only since Trump became president that jobs have become easy to find again.
07-10-2019 10:57 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(07-10-2019 09:05 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  

Do I have this correct?

NPR

"Elections have consequences." There's no reason needed for the government to include a question that has been used frequently before.

You can debate whether its a good idea, but it is absurd to say it is illegal and that a court can make that determination.
07-10-2019 10:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.