Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News New Book On Kavanaugh’s Confirmation Has Incendiary Allegations About Ford
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
New Book On Kavanaugh’s Confirmation Has Incendiary Allegations About Ford
Quote:A forthcoming book on Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court relays incendiary allegations about Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, excerpts obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation show.

In “Justice on Trial” authors Mollie Hemingway and Carrie Severino say unnamed peers accused Ford of drinking to excess and accosting boys with some regularity as a student at the Holton-Arms School, a contrast with press accounts that cast her as innocent and naive during that period. Ford accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her during a 1982 house party in suburban Maryland when they were high school students.

“Female classmates and friends at area schools recalled a heavy drinker who was much more aggressive with boys than they were,” Hemingway and Severino write of Ford. “‘If she only had one beer’ on the night of the alleged assault, a high school friend said, ‘then it must have been early in the evening.’ Her contemporaries all reported the same nickname for Ford, a riff on her maiden name and a sexual act.”

“They also debated whether her behavior in high school could be attributed to the trauma of a sexual assault,” the authors added. “If it could, one of them said, then the assault must have happened in seventh grade.”

The anonymous sources who shared those accounts were reluctant to come forward because “hostility to Kavanaugh made them fear for their livelihood if their names were attached to the stories,” the authors wrote.

Holton-Arms yearbooks the authors obtained provide a contemporaneous narrative about the school’s social scene. Like Kavanaugh’s own yearbooks from Georgetown Preparatory School, the Holton-Arms annual is replete with sexual innuendo and explicit references to underaged binge drinking, among other debauched themes.

“The pages that follow contain references to ‘Playboy Bunnies’ and things that are ‘X-rated’ as well as pictures of beer and rum,” Hemingway and Severino write of the 1982 yearbook. “The same volume boasts a cavalcade of off-color jokes about ‘furburgers vs. Cheeseballs,’ ‘6 Caucasian females, one Caucasian male,’ and ‘Halloween-whores,’ as well as a lewd riff on the ‘tube snake boogie.'”

“This depiction of Holton-Arms as Studio 54 on the Potomac may be nothing more than adolescent posturing, and only the alumnae can judge how accurately it reflects their social life in the early 1980s,” the authors write. “But it is clear that a lack of vigilance by the yearbook’s faculty adviser and bacchanalian extracurricular activities were by no means unique to Georgetown Prep.”

Link
07-09-2019 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: New Book On Kavanaugh’s Confirmation Has Incendiary Allegations About Ford
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/11/tv-ig...ajor-tour/

TV ignores the #1 selling book in the country while pushing another fiction about DJT that sold only 1900 copies its first week.
07-12-2019 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
New Book On Kavanaugh’s Confirmation Has Incendiary Allegations About Ford
If you were a senior in HS in 1982 it wasn’t underage drinking I don’t believe, not in DC or Maryland
07-12-2019 02:12 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Called it. Day 1. Utter bullshite manufactured by prog filth.
07-12-2019 02:37 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(07-12-2019 02:12 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  If you were a senior in HS in 1982 it wasn’t underage drinking I don’t believe, not in DC or Maryland

The drinking age in Texas changed to 19 around 1981 and then 21 by 1986. So even if MD and DC did it later, it would still depend on birthdate. June-August (and some September) birthdays wouldn't turn 18 until after graduation. And the rest wouldn't turn 18 until sometime during the school year.

I went to college during the brief time when the drinking age was 18. It was 21 until the Vietnam War era led to lower voting and drinking ages.
07-12-2019 02:40 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/...trial.html
Another interview with the authors talking about the White House strategy.
07-16-2019 03:59 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(07-12-2019 02:40 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(07-12-2019 02:12 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  If you were a senior in HS in 1982 it wasn’t underage drinking I don’t believe, not in DC or Maryland

The drinking age in Texas changed to 19 around 1981 and then 21 by 1986. So even if MD and DC did it later, it would still depend on birthdate. June-August (and some September) birthdays wouldn't turn 18 until after graduation. And the rest wouldn't turn 18 until sometime during the school year.

I went to college during the brief time when the drinking age was 18. It was 21 until the Vietnam War era led to lower voting and drinking ages.

DC/Georgetown it still was 18 as late as 1984. Then it was raised one year, per year to 21.
07-16-2019 04:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.