Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Group of 5 Podcast “The G5 Beat”
Bookmark and Share
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
New Group of 5 Podcast “The G5 Beat”
Hello all,

Please give our new podcast a listen and follow The G5 Beat. We only talk G5 football and here’s a link to episode 1:

https://soundcloud.com/g5beat/episode-1-cusa-preview

We will be doing our Sun Belt preview soon!

Also please follow/like us on twitter and Facebook @TheG5Beat.

Thanks,
John
07-08-2019 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
RE: New Group of 5 Podcast “The G5 Beat”
Good stuff! Thanks for the info
07-08-2019 01:04 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(07-08-2019 01:04 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Good stuff! Thanks for the info

Thanks for the listen and follow!
07-08-2019 01:10 PM
3333 Man Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: App State
(07-08-2019 11:55 AM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  Hello all,

Please give our new podcast a listen and follow The G5 Beat. We only talk G5 football and here’s a link to episode 1:

Thanks,
John
Sorry John I tried, but 12 minutes in and it seemed like the UAB show with a little AAC talk mixed in. If you want to attract folks from other conferences, you should have a couple minutes about each conference at the beginning to grab our interest. At least mention one team from each conference in your discussions about teams with a shot at the New Years Bowl spot. Again, 12 minutes in and nothing about the Sun Belt and then you head into your C-USA breakdown. I'll give the program a listen the next time you come out with one to see if it is holds my interest better. Good Luck.
07-08-2019 09:35 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(07-08-2019 09:35 PM)3333 Man Wrote:  

Thanks,
John
Sorry John I tried, but 12 minutes in and it seemed like the UAB show with a little AAC talk mixed in. If you want to attract folks from other conferences, you should have a couple minutes about each conference at the beginning to grab our interest. At least mention one team from each conference in your discussions about teams with a shot at the New Years Bowl spot. Again, 12 minutes in and nothing about the Sun Belt and then you head into your C-USA breakdown. I'll give the program a listen the next time you come out with one to see if it is holds my interest better. Good Luck.

The title of that episode is literally "CUSA-Preview". And you guys aren't going to the New Years Bowl, so no need to get your panties in a wad about him not mentioning you guys in his intro.
07-09-2019 06:06 AM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

Thanks,
John

Thanks for the listen and when we get to our Sun Belt preview you’ll hear a lot about App State. We even mentioned this episode while previewing Charlotte that App State is a tough place to play.
07-09-2019 09:42 AM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern

Thanks,
John

Nice job!
07-09-2019 10:34 AM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(07-09-2019 06:06 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  

Thanks,
John

The title of that episode is literally "CUSA-Preview". And you guys aren't going to the New Years Bowl, so no need to get your panties in a wad about him not mentioning you guys in his intro.

This is the reason I didn’t give it a listen. I don’t care to hear a conference preview for a different conference. I would give it a try if it was a Sun Belt specific show or a show where all conferences were discussed. I hope John comes and bumps this thread when that is the case.
07-09-2019 12:52 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(07-09-2019 12:52 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 06:06 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  

Thanks,
John

This is the reason I didn’t give it a listen. I don’t care to hear a conference preview for a different conference. I would give it a try if it was a Sun Belt specific show or a show where all conferences were discussed. I hope John comes and bumps this thread when that is the case.

I sure will bump this when we do our Sun Belt preview. I want this to be a G5 show so during the season we will be doing games of the week in the G5 and will include all 5 conferences. Right now we’re just in the process of previewing each conference. We’re trying to decide how many games to preview each week but will at least be 5-10.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2019 01:05 PM by jcduncan13.)
07-09-2019 01:01 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(07-09-2019 10:34 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  

Thanks,
John

Nice job!

Thanks for the listen!
07-09-2019 01:02 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

AAC preview podcast: https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-878815-pos...id16193663

We are now available on Apple podcasts and google! Please subscribe and give us a listen. #G5football
07-15-2019 10:50 AM
Advertisement

jcduncan13 Offline
All American

MAC preview: https://soundcloud.com/g5beat/episode-3-mac-preview

Please give us a listen and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play!

Sun Belt preview coming next Monday!
07-22-2019 09:48 AM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

Thanks for all the PMs and support guys! If y’all can please share this with your friends and fellow G5 football fans. We are on Apple Podcasts and Google Play!

Is there anything you guys want to hear talked about on our Sun Belt preview show?
07-23-2019 06:26 PM
TXSTRiverBobcat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas State
How the Sun Belt has officially passed up CUSA and looks to widen the gap in 2019...05-stirthepot
07-23-2019 09:27 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(07-23-2019 06:26 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  Thanks for all the PMs and support guys! If y’all can please share this with your friends and fellow G5 football fans. We are on Apple Podcasts and Google Play!

Is there anything you guys want to hear talked about on our Sun Belt preview show?

Who’s your dark horse for each division?

How will the coaching staff changes affect the league’s top performers (Arkansas State, Troy, App State)?

How will the coaching staff changes affect the league’s under performers (Texas State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia State)?

If you could, set up an Out-Of-Conference series between UAB and any of the Sun Belt schools outside of Alabama, who would you pick and why?
07-23-2019 09:59 PM
El Chanto Offline
1st String

I Root For: CoastalCarolina
On your Monday preview show, be sure to emphasize how the Sun Belt is "the Group of Five's Most Competitive and Dynamic Conference"!05-mafia Plus, predict how our teams will fare in non-conference match-ups this season, starting with Coastal Carolina's beat down of Eastern Michigan out of the MAC.03-nutkick There are some great games happening outside our league from App. State taking on North Carolina to Texas State & Arkansas State playing SMU to Louisiana-Monroe traveling to Florida State and so on...Which teams will we beat up on the most to prove our G5 dominance?01-lauramac201-ncaabbs04-chairshot
[Image: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy...che=948230]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019 10:30 PM by El Chanto.)
07-23-2019 10:25 PM
Advertisement

Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

(07-23-2019 09:59 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(07-23-2019 06:26 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  Thanks for all the PMs and support guys! If y’all can please share this with your friends and fellow G5 football fans. We are on Apple Podcasts and Google Play!

How will the coaching staff changes affect the league’s top performers (Arkansas State, Troy, App State)?

How will the coaching staff changes affect the league’s under performers (Texas State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia State)?

If you could, set up an Out-Of-Conference series between UAB and any of the Sun Belt schools outside of Alabama, who would you pick and why?

As a UAB fan I would like to play a Home and Home with Georgia State and Georgia Southern. Georgia State because its a short trip. Georgia Southern would be cool because of Erik Russell because he is from Birmingham and when Gene Bartow started the football program he wanted Bobby Bowden are Erik Russell. Bowden stated it was a hard decision but stayed at FSU because he'd just won the National Championship and few people knew at that time but I believe Erik was having some health issues and everything was going well at GSU. UAB is going to Arkon to play a Terry Bowden coached team the problem is Terry got fired last year. We will play South Alabama for the first time this year.
07-23-2019 10:27 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

(07-23-2019 10:27 PM)Steel Dragon Wrote:  

As a UAB fan I would like to play a Home and Home with Georgia State and Georgia Southern. Georgia State because its a short trip. Georgia Southern would be cool because of Erik Russell because he is from Birmingham and when Gene Bartow started the football program he wanted Bobby Bowden are Erik Russell. Bowden stated it was a hard decision but stayed at FSU because he'd just won the National Championship and few people knew at that time but I believe Erik was having some health issues and everything was going well at GSU. UAB is going to Arkon to play a Terry Bowden coached team the problem is Terry got fired last year. We will play South Alabama for the first time this year.

You’re in luck. Ga Southern and UAB play in 2022 and 2023!
07-23-2019 10:36 PM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

(07-23-2019 10:36 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(07-23-2019 10:27 PM)Steel Dragon Wrote:  

You’re in luck. Ga Southern and UAB play in 2022 and 2023!

I was not aware of that. Thank you for the update and I guess that answers the question.
07-23-2019 11:12 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

We will have some interesting discussions for sure now. Thanks! #G5Football
07-24-2019 09:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.