Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CollegeAD -- Sean T. Frazier on budget, NCAA issues
Bookmark and Share
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Credit CollegeAD for this, and link was posted today on THammockTwitter page, but here is the direct link:

https://collegead.com/sean-frazier-conversation/

He doesn't really say anything new, but thought I'd post for the record. It's good for more positive coverage for Northern.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2019 04:45 PM by pvk75.)
07-01-2019 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
RE: CollegeAD -- Sean T. Frazier on budget, NCAA issues
The state is no longer broke. Certainly not with the infusion of billions of dollars in new taxes (gasoline, cigarettes, etc.) and service fees. Then we shall soon have legalized gambling and marijuana taxes. The money needs to be spent wisely rather than stuffing the pockets of the politicians and road construction companies. Unfortunately, that's where I see it going. Let's see how much of the big pool of money gets to the universities.
07-02-2019 01:12 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(07-02-2019 01:12 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  The state is no longer broke. Certainly not with the infusion of billions of dollars in new taxes (gasoline, cigarettes, etc.) and service fees. Then we shall soon have legalized gambling and marijuana taxes. The money needs to be spent wisely rather than stuffing the pockets of the politicians and road construction companies. Unfortunately, that's where I see it going. Let's see how much of the big pool of money gets to the universities.

Spending is outpacing taxes. more kicking the can down the road. University of Illinois and UIC will get funded better. Still thing the directional schools going to get shaft. There is no political advantage to funding NIU, SIU, EIU and WIU.
07-02-2019 01:20 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(07-02-2019 01:20 PM)klake87 Wrote:  
(07-02-2019 01:12 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  The state is no longer broke. Certainly not with the infusion of billions of dollars in new taxes (gasoline, cigarettes, etc.) and service fees. Then we shall soon have legalized gambling and marijuana taxes. The money needs to be spent wisely rather than stuffing the pockets of the politicians and road construction companies. Unfortunately, that's where I see it going. Let's see how much of the big pool of money gets to the universities.

Spending is outpacing taxes. more kicking the can down the road. University of Illinois and UIC will get funded better. Still thing the directional schools going to get shaft. There is no political advantage to funding NIU, SIU, EIU and WIU.

Except to keep the kids in state and thus generate more tuition dollars - and increase the solvency of the universities.

The problem with this state is graft and it always has been. Money feeds the politicians and their businesses. Money feeds the road construction companies, who feed the politicians. It's an entire system of graft.

The roads in this state are among the worst anywhere. Yet, for years they close or bottle up many of the state's roads to do "repairs" - many of which are unnecessary or are repeated year after year. In Europe, roads are repaired and they last for decades. Why not here? Why not, because the system feeds the connected road repair companies, who feed the politicians, that's why.

There is plenty of money in this state and there always has been - it's put in pockets, however, rather than to good and proper use.
07-02-2019 01:54 PM
Advertisement

JoeNovak Online
1st String

(07-02-2019 01:54 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

Except to keep the kids in state and thus generate more tuition dollars - and increase the solvency of the universities.

The problem with this state is graft and it always has been. Money feeds the politicians and their businesses. Money feeds the road construction companies, who feed the politicians. It's an entire system of graft.

The roads in this state are among the worst anywhere. Yet, for years they close or bottle up many of the state's roads to do "repairs" - many of which are unnecessary or are repeated year after year. In Europe, roads are repaired and they last for decades. Why not here? Why not, because the system feeds the connected road repair companies, who feed the politicians, that's why.

There is plenty of money in this state and there always has been - it's put in pockets, however, rather than to good and proper use.

M-I-K-E. M-A-D-I-G-A-N
07-02-2019 03:50 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(07-02-2019 03:50 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  

M-I-K-E. M-A-D-I-G-A-N

Yep! You win a specially-shaped cigar from the Grotto!
07-02-2019 05:45 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St

We live in Madiganistan.
07-05-2019 08:20 PM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Had a discussion with a U of I grad, discussing the issues of higher education in Illinois. U of I accepts more foreign students because they receive more tuition and fees than they do from Illinois residents. They need that money to sustain their budgets.
07-08-2019 07:19 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(07-08-2019 07:19 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Had a discussion with a U of I grad, discussing the issues of higher education in Illinois. U of I accepts more foreign students because they receive more tuition and fees than they do from Illinois residents. They need that money to sustain their budgets.

Bingo.

Been that way for a while too.

The local BMW dealership loves it.
07-08-2019 07:30 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(07-08-2019 07:30 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 07:19 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Had a discussion with a U of I grad, discussing the issues of higher education in Illinois. U of I accepts more foreign students because they receive more tuition and fees than they do from Illinois residents. They need that money to sustain their budgets.

Bingo.

Brilliant. I was actually in the international student program, and it was a small community for how big the school actually is. This was 10 plus years ago. I’m sure they’re trying but NIU doesn’t stand out for International students as much as UIC, U of I, and Northwestern.
07-08-2019 08:30 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-08-2019 08:30 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

Bingo.

Brilliant. I was actually in the international student program, and it was a small community for how big the school actually is. This was 10 plus years ago. I’m sure they’re trying but NIU doesn’t stand out for International students as much as UIC, U of I, and Northwestern.

NIU, SIU , EIU and WIU are not top foreign student destinations
07-08-2019 08:46 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Once the football season starts, the charisma and magnetism of Coach Hammock will draw international students to NIU. Just as with the recruits, they won't be able to resist his appeal. But, it would certainly help if ESPN+ were available in Asia!
07-08-2019 09:10 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-08-2019 09:10 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Once the football season starts, the charisma and magnetism of Coach Hammock will draw international students to NIU. Just as with the recruits, they won't be able to resist his appeal. But, it would certainly help if ESPN+ were available in Asia!

NIU sports is banned in China.
07-08-2019 09:17 AM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Unethical people continue to vote for unethical poly's. IL day has passed. If you are young under 30 and want to work, start a new life somewhere else. If you are over 30...it's never too late.
07-08-2019 11:24 AM
dogdangit Offline
2nd String

(07-08-2019 08:46 AM)klake87 Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 08:30 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  

Bingo.

NIU, SIU , EIU and WIU are not top foreign student destinations

If you can't bring china to NIU, Bring NIU to China. https://cob.news.niu.edu/2019/06/28/exec...ing-china/

But in all seriousness, they better be making good money off of this.
07-08-2019 04:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.