Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pick up a copy of Phil Steele if you're out and about
Bookmark and Share
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
Pick up a copy of Phil Steele if you're out and about
I don't want to give anything away, I feel it's taking money from a dying industry. Plus those guys do great work.

All I'll say is this: The West is gonna be bonkers this year.
06-30-2019 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DawgNBama Online
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
RE: Pick up a copy of Phil Steele if you're out and about
I love Phil Steele anyway. Plus, I also get Lindy's & Athlon. I get Street & Smith's for NCAA basketball.
06-30-2019 09:24 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I was reading through it in Walmart the other day. The information in it is great, but the formatting sucks.
06-30-2019 09:26 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
I iust got Lindys today. Had Athlon. Completely different takes. Usually they are relatively close to one another.
06-30-2019 10:50 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
You can pay for Phil Steel on-line and get everything in the mag. It's the only rag that I believe puts in the work to take seriously. I believe SBNation is catching up with Phil. They put in a lot of work on the G5

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...experience
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019 11:27 PM by WKUYG.)
06-30-2019 11:23 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(06-30-2019 09:26 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I was reading through it in Walmart the other day. The information in it is great, but the formatting sucks.

You know, the formatting isn't perfect. But they're giving you a lot of information.
07-01-2019 09:11 AM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

(06-30-2019 11:23 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  You can pay for Phil Steel on-line and get everything in the mag. It's the only rag that I believe puts in the work to take seriously. I believe SBNation is catching up with Phil. They put in a lot of work on the G5

yeah, you can save a couple bucks by getting the online version. I just like paying the extra money and getting the physical magazine that you can sift through.
07-01-2019 09:11 AM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Picked up a copy Saturday, formatting makes for a hard read but you won't find a better collection of college football information anywhere.

Not sure agree with him picking Charlotte last in the East but I see how he got there.
07-01-2019 09:17 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Picked up copy yesterday and read CUSA.......He always gives Marshall the benefit of the doubt every preseason, so we shall see.....You would think UAB would take a drop with the amount of players they have lost but they do have a very good coach so that's a key piece.....I would hope WKU finishes higher than 6th but we do have a lot of question marks...
07-01-2019 09:36 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(07-01-2019 09:36 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Picked up copy yesterday and read CUSA.......He always gives Marshall the benefit of the doubt every preseason, so we shall see.....You would think UAB would take a drop with the amount of players they have lost but they do have a very good coach so that's a key piece.....I would hope WKU finishes higher than 6th but we do have a lot of question marks...

But hold on, wait. What benefit of the doubt? Usually if we are picked at the top that's usually where we finish. I don't see how you can accurately make that statement. If he's picking us for second, that seems logical considering we finished near there last year, and we have nearly the entire offensive line returning.
07-01-2019 09:43 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

the only shocker I saw at first glance was FAU. But then when you break their schedule down I can see it. They played a brutal schedule in 2018, not so much this year.
07-01-2019 09:45 AM
Advertisement

USM@FTL Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Yeah, he did the same thing last year with FAU. Bought it completely with Kiffin. He somehow thinks the offense will just reload. I think it will be a little tougher than that.
07-01-2019 09:55 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(07-01-2019 09:43 AM)rileylives Wrote:  
(07-01-2019 09:36 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Picked up copy yesterday and read CUSA.......He always gives Marshall the benefit of the doubt every preseason, so we shall see.....You would think UAB would take a drop with the amount of players they have lost but they do have a very good coach so that's a key piece.....I would hope WKU finishes higher than 6th but we do have a lot of question marks...

But hold on, wait. What benefit of the doubt? Usually if we are picked at the top that's usually where we finish. I don't see how you can accurately make that statement. If he's picking us for second, that seems logical considering we finished near there last year, and we have nearly the entire offensive line returning.

Lindys has us ranked 57th and winning cusa. Meh, we will see.
07-01-2019 05:53 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(07-01-2019 09:55 AM)USM@FTL Wrote:  Yeah, he did the same thing last year with FAU. Bought it completely with Kiffin. He somehow thinks the offense will just reload. I think it will be a little tougher than that.

If they still do not have a QB then they will not be good...Francois already left who Phil steele penciled in, that changes things for FAU...
07-02-2019 08:02 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt considered this but was only about, not out
07-02-2019 06:45 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(06-30-2019 08:08 PM)rileylives Wrote:  I don't want to give anything away, I feel it's taking money from a dying industry. Plus those guys do great work.

All I'll say is this: The West is gonna be bonkers this year.

But you would save us all some money, leaving us with more money to attend football games, causing attendance to go up conference-wide, creating more interest in our brand by the media, allowing us to secure a more lucrative TV contract, providing our schools with more exposure, boosting our recruiting rankings, making all of our teams more successful, allowing us to overtake the AAC and brand ourselves as the new P6.

...all because of one share, in one thread, on one page...

Butterfly Effect
07-02-2019 10:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
(07-01-2019 09:11 AM)rileylives Wrote:  
(06-30-2019 11:23 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  You can pay for Phil Steel on-line and get everything in the mag. It's the only rag that I believe puts in the work to take seriously. I believe SBNation is catching up with Phil. They put in a lot of work on the G5

yeah, you can save a couple bucks by getting the online version. I just like paying the extra money and getting the physical magazine that you can sift through.

Yes. It's worth it. I always wait until August. Dave Campbell has a really good one here in Texas that comes out late. I started saving them so I can go back through them at some point.
07-03-2019 03:38 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
It says UTEP "could" be favored in 4 or 5 games this year so I love this mag. If UTEP actually wins that many, fans will start to warm up to Dimel.
07-03-2019 09:30 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(07-03-2019 09:30 AM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  It says UTEP "could" be favored in 4 or 5 games this year so I love this mag. If UTEP actually wins that many, fans will start to warm up to Dimel.

It's about time, UTEP fans have suffered long enough.
07-03-2019 11:12 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

By the way, I'm a New York Giants fan as well, love Will Hernandez! Such a beast.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019 11:14 AM by rileylives.)
07-03-2019 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.