Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alcohol at NC public universities athletic events legalized
Bookmark and Share
T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
Alcohol at NC public universities athletic events legalized
Governor signed it into law Wednesday. Now App and others can get ABC permits for football, basketball, baseball and who knows what else.

I would anticipate beer in KBS this fall if the permitting process goes well.
06-27-2019 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Alcohol at NC public universities athletic events legalized
At this point, who DOESN'T sell alcohol at their games?
06-27-2019 08:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(06-27-2019 08:24 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  At this point, who DOESN'T sell alcohol at their games?

I’m not sure how we qualify here. We’re only allowed to sell it in premium seating areas.
06-27-2019 10:55 PM
eagleskins Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
Georgia Southern.
06-28-2019 12:09 AM
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(06-27-2019 08:24 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  At this point, who DOESN'T sell alcohol at their games?

Technically us
06-28-2019 06:36 AM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
Lack of alcohol sales doesn't limit the number of extremely intoxicated fans in Paulson.
07-04-2019 07:58 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
That's for damn sure
07-04-2019 08:24 AM
Advertisement

_x_ Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
I actually think the level of drunk may have decreased when TXST began selling inside the stadium.

I remember feeling obligated to binge as hard as possible before the game to ensure it would last the entire game. No need for that anymore.
07-04-2019 02:18 PM
Warhawkman Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ULM
They selling some locally sourced moonshine in Boone?
07-06-2019 04:10 PM
McLeansvilleAppFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian St
(07-06-2019 04:10 PM)Warhawkman Wrote:  They selling some locally sourced moonshine in Boone?
I would imagine some of the local breweries would get in on the selling.

I do not drink much beer but I did enjoy some of the beer made by App State a few years ago. I hope they have some of this for sale if only to help put some money back into the fermentation program.

https://fermentation.appstate.edu/
07-06-2019 06:19 PM
Advertisement

troutbummike Online
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(07-06-2019 06:19 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  
(07-06-2019 04:10 PM)Warhawkman Wrote:  They selling some locally sourced moonshine in Boone?

I do not drink much beer but I did enjoy some of the beer made by App State a few years ago. I hope they have some of this for sale if only to help put some money back into the fermentation program.

Someone was telling me the brewery on campus is not allowed to profit off the sales... or maybe to sell it period. Maybe a fact checker can find out.
07-06-2019 06:22 PM
1st String

(07-06-2019 06:22 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  

Someone was telling me the brewery on campus is not allowed to profit off the sales... or maybe to sell it period. Maybe a fact checker can find out.

That may be the case. There is the general rule/state law about not competing with private business. Then the age for purchasing alcohol is an issue given the age of most college students. But this new law may allow some wiggle room. They don't make that much beer from my understanding so it would be very niche. They do have the Beer Fest but that is at the fairgrounds off campus. The last time App State hosted the state Physics Teachers meeting about 5 years ago they had 3 or 4 different App State beers available. No charge for attendees. I assumed the Physics and Astronomy Department purchased the beer from the Fermentation folks but it may have been given free for the meeting. One other option is the word "profit" and selling the beer at cost and putting the money back into the program may be allowed.

As a non-beer drinker I will not miss it, but if they did sell it I would purchase some as I considered it very good.
07-06-2019 09:05 PM
troutbummike Online
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian State
(07-06-2019 09:05 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  

That may be the case. There is the general rule/state law about not competing with private business. Then the age for purchasing alcohol is an issue given the age of most college students. But this new law may allow some wiggle room. They don't make that much beer from my understanding so it would be very niche. They do have the Beer Fest but that is at the fairgrounds off campus. The last time App State hosted the state Physics Teachers meeting about 5 years ago they had 3 or 4 different App State beers available. No charge for attendees. I assumed the Physics and Astronomy Department purchased the beer from the Fermentation folks but it may have been given free for the meeting. One other option is the word "profit" and selling the beer at cost and putting the money back into the program may be allowed.

As a non-beer drinker I will not miss it, but if they did sell it I would purchase some as I considered it very good.

Do you know Sid Clements?
07-06-2019 10:20 PM
1st String

(07-06-2019 10:20 PM)troutbummike Wrote:  
(07-06-2019 09:05 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  

Do you know Sid Clements?

Yes, I had him for Digital Electronics or something close to that by name. I remember wiring up a stop light as part of the final project for that class.
07-07-2019 07:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.