UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting blog on conference realignment
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

I Root For: UAB
Interesting blog on conference realignment
This is from Matt Brown of SBNation.I think this is very insightful, even if it's not what we want to hear. I don't know I could argue with anything he writes here.

https://mattbrown.substack.com/p/how-to-...ealignment
06-27-2019 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SMUfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
RE: Interesting blog on conference realignment
Interesting. Thank you.
06-27-2019 10:00 AM
BlazintheATL Offline
All American

Agree with a lot of his point. Yes it would be great to get in the AAC but in the meantime being in an conference that stretches across thousands of miles does not make economic sense. Shrinking the footprint and becoming more rationalized would be ideal, especially with CUSA and SBC whose geography overlaps. Also hate that CUSA does not allow basketball only members.
06-27-2019 01:03 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(06-27-2019 01:03 PM)BlazintheATL Wrote:  Also hate that CUSA does not allow basketball only members.

On the other hand, if C-USA allowed basketball only members, UAB might not have gotten its football team restored in 2015. I still believe Dr Watts thought in 2014 that C-USA would let UAB remain a full member with only basketball.
06-27-2019 02:59 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
That was a solid article, even if I don't like his conclusion. Thanks ~
06-27-2019 06:49 PM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

That was a solid article, even if I don't like his conclusion. Thanks ~

I agree. It's an interesting read but I don't agree with it. My gut is the two front runners to replace UCONN are UNCC and UAB. I expect the AAC to wait a little while. I believe the key for UAB is their basketball program and for UNCC their football program. I'm still hoping for the Big 12
07-01-2019 01:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.