RE: WOW ... looks like UConn hoops IS going to Big East
Much more credible source.
06-22-2019 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user
GoldenWarrior11 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
This day has been coming since 2013. UConn's membership in the AAC was not sustainable. Huge day for the Big East, and - while some may not like it - it's a great day for UConn too.

Welcome home.
06-22-2019 12:43 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Where does this leave stever? He seemed to jump ship to the AAC but with UConn returning, does he align back with the Big East or have they dubbed him Benedict Arnold?
06-22-2019 12:43 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
WOW ... looks like UConn hoops IS going to Big East
(06-22-2019 12:43 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Where does this leave stever? He seemed to jump ship to the AAC but with UConn returning, does he align back with the Big East or have they dubbed him Benedict Arnold?

Stever heads back to his BE brethren

Sorry BE folks - he’s yours now
06-22-2019 12:46 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
If this happens, beyond any specific impacts on media, it will be an enormous blow to AAC pride and prestige, and a big boost to the Big East.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2019 12:47 PM by quo vadis.)
06-22-2019 12:47 PM
Advertisement

Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(06-22-2019 12:47 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  If this happens, beyond any specific impacts on media, it will be an enormous blow to AAC pride and prestige, and a big boost to the Big East.

I'm not a huge AAC supporter but, how is losing a team that has become a bottom feeder a huge blow to the AAC's ego? You tend to lose me with your outlandish statements. 03-yawn
06-22-2019 12:51 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

If the AAC is smart and not emotional, they will let UConn football remain in the AAC.

Swallow the pride and do the smart thing.
06-22-2019 12:52 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

(06-22-2019 12:52 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  If the AAC is smart and not emotional, they will let UConn football remain in the AAC.

OMG!!!! Now I know you're trolling. UConn football is a trash heap that's about to go nuclear. Damn, you could have written anything and possibly made sense but this, 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
06-22-2019 12:54 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(06-22-2019 12:51 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(06-22-2019 12:47 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  If this happens, beyond any specific impacts on media, it will be an enormous blow to AAC pride and prestige, and a big boost to the Big East.

I'm not a huge AAC supporter but, how is losing a team that has become a bottom feeder a huge blow to the AAC's ego? You tend to lose me with your outlandish statements. 03-yawn

Well for starters, its a school leaving your conference for someone else. That alone is embarrassing no mattet who they are. It would embarrass the SEC if South Carolina left for the ACC or Arkansas left for the Big 12. The fact that there is residual rivalry with the Big East makes it sting more.

Second, UConn hoops has unquestionably the top pedigree in basketball, and basketball is important.

Third, UConn is the only state flagship in the conference and flies the flag in the northeast corridor.

It would be a huge blow to the AAC's effort to portray itself as a top conference.
06-22-2019 12:56 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(06-22-2019 12:39 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  https://www.nhregister.com/uconn/article...030270.php

Why did you start another thread. Oh I know look at me quo super troll. How old you are? 11?
06-22-2019 12:57 PM
Advertisement

Mestophalies Offline
1st String

C. Austin Cox

@C_Austin_Cox
Follow
Follow @C_Austin_Cox

More
Confirmed: UConn's departure will NOT impact the AAC's new TV deal with ESPN. AAC will not allow football-only for UConn in the league due to poor performance from the program and lack of value it would bring. Huskies are expected to pay $10M exit fee.
9:50 AM - 22 Jun 2019
06-22-2019 12:59 PM
seaking4steel Offline
1st String

I Root For: Penn St, App St
(06-22-2019 12:52 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  If the AAC is smart and not emotional, they will let UConn football remain in the AAC.

Aside from an easy win, what good is there in keeping UConn Football in the AAC? The conference seems to be leaning towards westward expansion and Husky football has been an embarrassment to them.
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(06-22-2019 12:43 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  This day has been coming since 2013. UConn's membership in the AAC was not sustainable. Huge day for the Big East, and - while some may not like it - it's a great day for UConn too.

Welcome home.

I sure hope it is true. We will never get Syracuse away from the ACC, but to get UConn back would be like one of the originals rejoining the band. They have been missed.
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

1. It is why I said in the other thread that the AAC needs to wait 3 or 4 years when better additions may likely be available, or a partial merger of the AAC into a better brand conference is possible.

2. I think this move likely spells the demise of the UConn football program. They scaled it up in hopes of making a move up and if they return to a basketball only conference I think it goes away eventually.
06-22-2019 01:01 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(06-22-2019 12:59 PM)seaking4steel Wrote:  

Aside from an easy win, what good is there in keeping UConn Football in the AAC? The conference seems to be leaning towards westward expansion and Husky football has been an embarrassment to them.

'Easy win' is about wins and losses, and that is ephemeral and thus meaningless. Three years ago UCF was 0-12.

UConn is currently the most valuable AAC school in terms of fundamentals like flagship, athletic budget, academicd, etc.
06-22-2019 01:02 PM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(06-22-2019 12:56 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(06-22-2019 12:51 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

Well for starters, its a school leaving your conference for someone else. That alone is embarrassing no mattet who they are. It would embarrass the SEC if South Carolina left for the ACC or Arkansas left for the Big 12. The fact that there is residual rivalry with the Big East makes it sting more.

Second, UConn hoops has unquestionably the top pedigree in basketball, and basketball is important.

Third, UConn is the only state flagship in the conference and flies the flag in the northeast corridor.

It would be a huge blow to the AAC's effort to portray itself as a top conference.

True. The AAC built this P6 campaign to try to convince people it is a "power conference". The truth is schools like UConn know better.
06-22-2019 01:03 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(06-22-2019 01:01 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

1. It is why I said in the other thread that the AAC needs to wait 3 or 4 years when better additions may likely be available, or a partial merger of the AAC into a better brand conference is possible.

2. I think this move likely spells the demise of the UConn football program. They scaled it up in hopes of making a move up and if they return to a basketball only conference I think it goes away eventually.

Good points. But will the AAC be patient? Aresco seems to be quite emotional and his example has made the AAC an emotional, chip on shoulder conference.

They may not react rationally.
06-22-2019 01:06 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I think something you have got to ask is the TV deal where UConn loses SNY maybe done on purpose to get them the hell out of the conference and finally stop talking about it? Very similar quite frankly to what happened with the C7 and Tulane getting added....

AAC w/o UConn finally can move on. And they'll be much stronger in football without the dead weight known as UConn.....
06-22-2019 01:08 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(06-22-2019 12:54 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  

OMG!!!! Now I know you're trolling. UConn football is a trash heap that's about to go nuclear. Damn, you could have written anything and possibly made sense but this, 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Wins and losses come and go. UConn has the biggest budget in the conference. They are the cornerstone of the AAC.
06-22-2019 01:09 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.