Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The hits just keep on coming
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
The hits just keep on coming
Note that I put this straight on the Smack page since I expect it will devolve into yet another pissing match, but this doesn't seem ideal, UCF fans...

USFFan
06-13-2019 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: The hits just keep on coming
lol keep clinging, USF fans
06-13-2019 01:48 PM
Ocalabull Offline
Special Teams

Regardless of the USF/UCF thing, it is crazy that everyone involved resigned and will not cooperate with the investigation.

If this is found to be true, who gets punished and what kind of punishment can be imposed?
06-14-2019 05:46 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(06-14-2019 05:46 AM)Ocalabull Wrote:  Regardless of the USF/UCF thing, it is crazy that everyone involved resigned and will not cooperate with the investigation.

If this is found to be true, who gets punished and what kind of punishment can be imposed?

Probably because this is an idiotic witchhunt on behalf of a small few House Members that think they can put this on a re-election flyer. All of this over rebuilding a 50 year old library that needed to be rebuilt.

Mind you, what happened here is one account got used instead of the proper one to build a library. It was wrong and it happened but the USF fans hilariously trying to make this the scandal of the century are reaching.

Also mind you, the exact accounting practice used which was supposedly sooooo egregious was recommended to be made "allowable" in a House bill by the very cretin who decided to attack UCF over it. In other words, what UCF did is now being voted through to be allowable for all state schools.

Why would Hitt cooperate? This is a political hit job for a small few congressmen and we now know that one particular House member illegally threatened Whitaker to resign or he'd arbitrarily try to punish UCF for not heading his threat.
06-14-2019 09:12 AM
Advertisement

mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
anyone who thinks that misuse of over $100 million isnt a big deal is simply being either willfully ignorant or doesnt understand that this is criminal behavior. It wasn't a political hit job. Maybe what your board did to Hitt is, a hit job but I am sorry I too would fire the head of a company that wasn't aware that his company was being fraudulent. Its his job to be on top of this... and were talking about multiple buildings. BUILDINGS. How incompetent can you be to have buildings going up that you dont have funding for and not know about it.
It doesnt matter if it has been suggested to be legal... it wasnt legal at the time, nor is it now and for a very good reason.

Come on man. Be real. What UCF did was serious and total BS. For once in your history acknowledge the wrong doing and at least be a bit contrite. It was bad enough that your AD was actively cheating and people tried to defend him... and lets not get into all that Oleary did.

Your school does some seriously bad stuff and at some point you just have to acknowledge it. We could at least respect that.
06-14-2019 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(06-14-2019 11:36 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  anyone who thinks that misuse of over $100 million isnt a big deal is simply being either willfully ignorant or doesnt understand that this is criminal behavior. It wasn't a political hit job. Maybe what your board did to Hitt is, a hit job but I am sorry I too would fire the head of a company that wasn't aware that his company was being fraudulent. Its his job to be on top of this... and were talking about multiple buildings. BUILDINGS. How incompetent can you be to have buildings going up that you dont have funding for and not know about it.
It doesnt matter if it has been suggested to be legal... it wasnt legal at the time, nor is it now and for a very good reason.

Come on man. Be real. What UCF did was serious and total BS. For once in your history acknowledge the wrong doing and at least be a bit contrite. It was bad enough that your AD was actively cheating and people tried to defend him... and lets not get into all that Oleary did.

Your school does some seriously bad stuff and at some point you just have to acknowledge it. We could at least respect that.

LOL

This coming from the lunatic who claims that everything UCF has won is a result of "Cheating". Now you're insinuating that this is "criminal behavior" 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I've never seen someone go so far off the deep end with butthurt and insanity as you have. I know you are massively, massively insecure about UCF's rise as a program when USF is going nowhere, but you seriously need to reign in your emotions and try to be less of a lunatic when you post.
06-14-2019 12:38 PM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I think Miami and Louisville have proven that without a doubt when it comes to NCAA athletics....cheating pays off.

Even if it could be proven without a doubt that Hitt and Tribble lied, cheated and stole at wild abandon. No one would care and things would move forward like nothing ever happened.
06-14-2019 02:31 PM
Advertisement

mtmedlin Offline

(06-14-2019 12:38 PM)The Knight Time Wrote:  
(06-14-2019 11:36 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  anyone who thinks that misuse of over $100 million isnt a big deal is simply being either willfully ignorant or doesnt understand that this is criminal behavior. It wasn't a political hit job. Maybe what your board did to Hitt is, a hit job but I am sorry I too would fire the head of a company that wasn't aware that his company was being fraudulent. Its his job to be on top of this... and were talking about multiple buildings. BUILDINGS. How incompetent can you be to have buildings going up that you dont have funding for and not know about it.

LOL

This coming from the lunatic who claims that everything UCF has won is a result of "Cheating". Now you're insinuating that this is "criminal behavior" 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I've never seen someone go so far off the deep end with butthurt and insanity as you have. I know you are massively, massively insecure about UCF's rise as a program when USF is going nowhere, but you seriously need to reign in your emotions and try to be less of a lunatic when you post.

It is borderline criminal if they could prove they intended to defraud the state... and thats what teh states attorney said, not me.

and I dont need to prove you cheated. The NCAA found you guilty twice of it and placed you on 7 years worth of sanctions. Its facts, so feel free to call me what you want since it only proves your fans cant handle the truth.

Your school has done a LOT of despicable acts... cheating, misappropriating funds, and others. You cant deny what is fact.
06-17-2019 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
[Image: uVnFWE5.png]

[Image: ZXf1vZP.png]

Hahahahaha. What's that saying about glass houses?

03-lmfao

07-coffee3
06-18-2019 12:15 AM
St. H. Gink Offline
All American

I Root For: CollegeFootball
The fact of the matter is that with an operating budget of nearly $2B, UCF had plenty of cash left over in their own coffers. This is money from UCF's own revenue generation.

The state dictates that construction projects must be paid for using a state-allocated fund. Thanks to your last governor, that fund has dwindled incredibly in recent years, forcing state universities to come up with creative ways of generating their own cash flow.

So UCF decides to use the added cash from their own streams to replace extremely outdated buildings that were in serious disrepair thanks to the severe budget cuts to education.

Mind you, the state auditor has been approving these allocations for years before all of a sudden claiming it was an oversight all along. UCF promptly reallocated the funds from their cash reserves. No cash ever went missing. Nothing was ever stolen. Oh, yeah, and the egregious use of that cash was to build academic buildings. The horror! Yet the heavily UF/FSU Florida House decides to make an all-out affair of it all.

They forced UCF's president to resign only to discover that the same thing happened at almost EVERY other state university, including UF, usf, FAU, and FIU. But were those presidents asked to resign? Of course not. In fact, the state now has a bill in the Senate that would make this all perfectly legal. Who would've thought that allowing universities to generate their own cash then use that cash to repair/replace academic buildings was a good idea?

That's why this is such a non-story. As much as some people try to blow it up to some major scandal, it simply isn't. We didn't use our own funds for hookers and blow. We used our own funds to replace our own condemned academic buildings.

If that doesn't show you the Florida legislature's true priorities, then I don't know what will.

07-coffee3
06-18-2019 12:42 AM
Advertisement

mtmedlin Offline

(06-18-2019 12:15 AM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  [Image: uVnFWE5.png]

03-lmfao

07-coffee3

Not a glass house when it was a temporary coverage when a donation didnt come through, the money was already paid back and were in full compliance. UCF did it to the tune of $100 million and has no way to pay it back adn wasnt because of a failed donation. they straight up just took it and spent it without authorization.

Typical UCF response. USF makes mistakes and corrects them. UCF builds statues to their biggest screw ups.
06-18-2019 10:37 AM
mtmedlin Offline

and btw, your description of what went down isnt accurate at all. Nice try though. You didnt have plenty of money leftover. No Florida university does. You took money allocated to different projects and spent it on what you wanted. Thats not how government works and UCF knew it. Thats why everyone had to quit.
06-18-2019 10:39 AM
zfred12 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(06-18-2019 10:39 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  and btw, your description of what went down isnt accurate at all. Nice try though. You didnt have plenty of money leftover. No Florida university does. You took money allocated to different projects and spent it on what you wanted. Thats not how government works and UCF knew it. Thats why everyone had to quit.

Your description of what went down at UCF isnt accurate at all.
06-18-2019 11:07 AM
Advertisement

Ocalabull Offline
Special Teams

(06-18-2019 12:15 AM)St. H. Gink Wrote:  [Image: uVnFWE5.png]

03-lmfao

07-coffee3

Maybe you should do some research...

"Since July 2010, USF has constructed roughly 51 capital projects totaling $551 million. The Patel Center is the only building at USF that had misused carryforward funds, according to Lechner’s letter."

"“The primary reason for the funding change appears to be that after the building was underway, significant, pledged private funds failed to materialize notwithstanding a signed and binding pledge for same,” Lechner wrote.

The misused funding now been replaced with money from other sources, he wrote. The university’s review of construction projects stretched back to 2003 and found no other instances of construction projects built with misspent money.

That is hardly the same thing as misusing 100 Million dollars and not cooperating with an investigation

But go ahead and do what you always do and post **** that has no factual backing, get called out and half ass deflect it somehow. Rinse and repeat
06-18-2019 12:03 PM
mtmedlin Offline

(06-18-2019 11:07 AM)zfred12 Wrote:  
(06-18-2019 10:39 AM)mtmedlin Wrote:  and btw, your description of what went down isnt accurate at all. Nice try though. You didnt have plenty of money leftover. No Florida university does. You took money allocated to different projects and spent it on what you wanted. Thats not how government works and UCF knew it. Thats why everyone had to quit.

Your description of what went down at UCF isnt accurate at all.
LOL, you are such a troll. If you even actually knew who I was. Hate to break it to ya skippy but I talk to state legislatures weekly. It is exactly as I said and its why UCF is still under investigation.
06-18-2019 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.