5 most beautiful college towns
06-13-2019 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
RE: 5 most beautiful college towns
Glad they didn't mention eating at the Daniel Boone Inn or Mellow Mushroom like certain lists do.
06-13-2019 07:42 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
Boone is definitely pretty country. When I opened it though, my first thought was that Annapolis better be on this list. It did not disappoint.
06-13-2019 07:50 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

When the glamour shot of a town is a bunch of big buildings behind a foreground of water, you know the town probably isn't that beautiful.

Also, Asheville and Missoula should be on that list.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019 08:34 AM by EigenEagle.)
06-13-2019 08:33 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Charleston is another beautiful city that should have been considered. Three colleges are located there. The Citidel, College of Charleston and Charleston Southern.
06-13-2019 10:05 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
. . . clearly it’s an incomplete list.

No list of “beautiful college towns” could be complete without San Marcos on it. San Marcos is not only one of the most beautiful college towns in America, nay, The World. It is without a doubt: The Garden Spot of all Texas.

I’m sure that many of you are familiar with “The Good Book,” and Gawd’s creation of Eden as a home for Adam and Eve. If you’re also familiar with Mr. Webster’s good book, then you know that San Marcos is a synonym for Eden.

To those of you not fortunate enough to have ever looked upon San Marcos with your very own eyes . . . well, you have my sincere sympathy.
06-13-2019 10:21 AM
Advertisement

ballantyneapp Offline
All American

I Root For: App
(06-13-2019 07:38 AM)southcharlotteapp Wrote:  https://www.traveltrivia.com/most-beauti...3VuvITvh4Y

This can’t be right. Haven’t you seen the appropriately colored UNCC and Marshall fans that swear up and down that Boone isn’t that nice?

Please revise the list ASAP
06-13-2019 10:31 AM
southcharlotteapp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
(06-13-2019 10:31 AM)ballantyneapp Wrote:  
(06-13-2019 07:38 AM)southcharlotteapp Wrote:  https://www.traveltrivia.com/most-beauti...3VuvITvh4Y

This can’t be right. Haven’t you seen the appropriately colored UNCC and Marshall fans that swear up and down that Boone isn’t that nice?

Please revise the list ASAP

University City was probably pretty close. For those that are not familiar, UNCC is perfectly nestled between multiple congested interstates and crime ridden neighborhoods. It's a real gem. University City is the heartbeat of Charlotte.
06-13-2019 10:44 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(06-13-2019 08:33 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  When the glamour shot of a town is a bunch of big buildings behind a foreground of water, you know the town probably isn't that beautiful.

Assuming you're talking about Madison, have you ever been there, or is that a tongue-in-cheek comment without any basis? Madison has been rated consistently as one of the best and most beautiful college towns for years. And while I've never been there myself, I do have a colleague who graduated there, who'll attest to it.
06-13-2019 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATL_Eagle Offline
Water Engineer

Boone is nice and all... just the area/campus seems oddly wedged there in the mountains... Bozeman, MT (same can be said for Missoula) like Boulder, CO is are nice campus/towns with amazing views.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019 11:10 AM by ATL_Eagle.)
06-13-2019 11:09 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(06-13-2019 10:21 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  . . . clearly it’s an incomplete list.

No list of “beautiful college towns” could be complete without San Marcos on it. San Marcos is not only one of the most beautiful college towns in America, nay, The World. It is without a doubt: The Garden Spot of all Texas.

I’m sure that many of you are familiar with “The Good Book,” and Gawd’s creation of Eden as a home for Adam and Eve. If you’re also familiar with Mr. Webster’s good book, then you know that San Marcos is a synonym for Eden.

To those of you not fortunate enough to have ever looked upon San Marcos with your very own eyes . . . well, you have my sincere sympathy.

As someone who has visited many states and many countries, San Marcos is alright, but it's nowhere near a top-5-in-the-nation college town destination. It's pretty nice for Texas, but I actually like Austin better.
06-13-2019 11:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1st String

(06-13-2019 11:01 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(06-13-2019 08:33 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  When the glamour shot of a town is a bunch of big buildings behind a foreground of water, you know the town probably isn't that beautiful.

Assuming you're talking about Madison, have you ever been there, or is that a tongue-in-cheek comment without any basis? Madison has been rated consistently as one of the best and most beautiful college towns for years. And while I've never been there myself, I do have a colleague who graduated there, who'll attest to it.

I've always heard the same. App plays there in 2020. I will likely make the trip.
06-13-2019 11:10 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(06-13-2019 11:09 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  

As someone who has visited many states and many countries, San Marcos is alright, but it's nowhere near a top-5-in-the-nation college town destination. It's pretty nice for Texas, but I actually like Austin better.

Coosa board pretty slow this morning, I see.
06-13-2019 11:12 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

Austin ! Austin, you say . . . BLASPHEMY!

Having seen what pass for “athletic facilities” on that roadside spot you call a campus, I can understand why you might be “impressed” with a citified campus squeezed into a few blocks of downtown Austin, but I say again Sir, Blasphemy.

No spot on Earth is as fair as that campus nestled on the hills of San Marcos, and that Sir is a verifiable Fact. Or may Gawd strike me de
06-13-2019 11:17 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

(06-13-2019 11:17 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

Having seen what pass for “athletic facilities” on that roadside spot you call a campus, I can understand why you might be “impressed” with a citified campus squeezed into a few blocks of downtown Austin, but I say again Sir, Blasphemy.

No spot on Earth is as fair as that campus nestled on the hills of San Marcos, and that Sir is a verifiable Fact. Or may Gawd strike me de

"No spot on Earth"? "Verifiable Fact"? Have you ever been anywhere else? Seriously! lol

I just did a search for most beautiful towns in Texas, and San Marcos didn't even come up in the top ten in any of the 7 results I looked at for Texas, much less a top 5 nationwide. Look, I'm not saying San Marcos isn't nice. But the way you talk about it makes it seem as though you really need to get out and do some traveling.

No need to bring up UTSA either. I'm not the one saying San Antonio should be in there. And no one is more frustrated by our lack of athletic facilities than our own fans and alumni are, but then our university hasn't been around for 120+ years either, nor changed its name half-a-dozen times.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019 11:32 AM by Volkmar.)
06-13-2019 11:31 AM
JTApps1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(06-13-2019 11:09 AM)ATL_Eagle Wrote:  Boone is nice and all... just the area/campus seems oddly wedged there in the mountains... Bozeman, MT (same can be said for Missoula) like Boulder, CO is are nice campus/towns with amazing views.

I preferred Missoula to Bozeman on our trip to Montana. It had more of a college town feel to it while Bozeman just seemed like a town beside the interstate.
06-13-2019 11:36 AM
Advertisement

1st String

(06-13-2019 11:09 AM)ATL_Eagle Wrote:  Boone is nice and all... just the area/campus seems oddly wedged there in the mountains... Bozeman, MT (same can be said for Missoula) like Boulder, CO is are nice campus/towns with amazing views.

I love Boulder. I had the privilege to live there. It has Boone beat, however, I like how Boone is surrounded by mountains. Boulder looks like Colorado when you look west, and Kansas when you look east. No offense Kansas. The west view certainly makes up for the east view. Great music scene to boot.
06-13-2019 11:48 AM
Crustymeatloaf Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GA Southern
Currently live in San Antonio and drive to Austin a bunch. San Marcos feels like one of those drive thru interstate towns like Meridian, MS, Midland, TX or Monroe, LA. Nothing too special about it and the campus is okay, but not as nice as UT.
06-13-2019 11:59 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(06-13-2019 11:31 AM)Volkmar Wrote:  
(06-13-2019 11:17 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

"No spot on Earth"? "Verifiable Fact"? Have you ever been anywhere else? Seriously! lol

I just did a search for most beautiful towns in Texas, and San Marcos didn't even come up in the top ten in any of the 7 results I looked at for Texas, much less a top 5 nationwide. Look, I'm not saying San Marcos isn't nice. But the way you talk about it makes it seem as though you really need to get out and do some traveling.

No need to bring up UTSA either. I'm not the one saying San Antonio should be in there. And no one is more frustrated by our lack of athletic facilities than our own fans and alumni are, but then our university hasn't been around for 120+ years either, nor changed its name half-a-dozen times.

Heresy and Blasphemy. Had this been a more sane and reasonable time, you Sir, would be burned at the stake . . . or at the very least boiled in oil.
I would not expect such a Godless wretch as you to appreciate nor understand the inherent beauty of The University upon The Hill, upon whom Gawd’s Good Grace does shine . . .

As for the lack of need to bring up that stain on 1604 referred to by you as utsa, I could not agree more . .. as a more desolate spot cannot be found in all of Texas.
06-13-2019 12:22 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

(06-13-2019 11:59 AM)Crustymeatloaf Wrote:  Currently live in San Antonio and drive to Austin a bunch. San Marcos feels like one of those drive thru interstate towns like Meridian, MS, Midland, TX or Monroe, LA. Nothing too special about it and the campus is okay, but not as nice as UT.

As you clearly know not of what you speak, like children you should be seen and not heard.
06-13-2019 12:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.