Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Road Trips
Bookmark and Share
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Football Road Trips
So what road games will most people be attending? For me I'm looking at the CMU and Illinois games. CMU is an easy weekend trip and Illinois is about 5hrs from EMU.

I'd like to hit those distilleries in Kentucky but have another family obligation that weekend. Coastal Carolina is also intriguing. Hopefully no hurricanes are on the forecast for that one.

06-08-2019 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

steve4840 Offline
1st String

RE: Football Road Trips
(06-08-2019 08:00 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  So what road games will most people be attending? For me I'm looking at the CMU and Illinois games. CMU is an easy weekend trip and Illinois is about 5hrs from EMU.

I'd like to hit those distilleries in Kentucky but have another family obligation that weekend. Coastal Carolina is also intriguing. Hopefully no hurricanes are on the forecast for that one.

The Illinois game looks intriguing. I've heard Champagne is fun and with recent wins over Rutgers and Purdue, I go in with at least some optimism. I wish Kentucky wouldn't have bought that home game back this season. Would have been fun to see an SEC school in Ypsi.
06-08-2019 08:34 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
Last year Eastern had an alumni bus take us to the Western game. I suggested that they try and do that for the Central game this year. I hope they do, because the trip to Kalamazoo was first class.
06-08-2019 03:02 PM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Football Road Trips
My group will be going to the Illinois game. Discussed Costal Carolina but this will be much more economical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-08-2019 04:17 PM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

Still torn between Kentucky or Illinois, CMU and Toledo for sure.
06-08-2019 08:44 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(06-08-2019 08:34 AM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(06-08-2019 08:00 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  So what road games will most people be attending? For me I'm looking at the CMU and Illinois games. CMU is an easy weekend trip and Illinois is about 5hrs from EMU.

The Illinois game looks intriguing. I've heard Champagne is fun and with recent wins over Rutgers and Purdue, I go in with at least some optimism. I wish Kentucky wouldn't have bought that home game back this season. Would have been fun to see an SEC school in Ypsi.
It would have been the long awaited Ypsi-tucky get together.
06-08-2019 11:04 PM
Advertisement

EagleTough Offline
All American

Have to get out of Iowa and actually attend a game before commenting on road trips.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2019 04:30 PM by EagleTough.)
06-09-2019 04:29 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
I go to one away game a year and as a total cheap skate - its going to be Toledo this year.
06-10-2019 08:22 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

I was thinking about Myrtle Beach, but I may end saving the cash for an extra trip to Ypsi for another home game.
06-10-2019 08:55 AM
vannzee Offline
Special Teams

I am planning on attending the Illinois, Central and Toledo road games.
06-18-2019 08:53 AM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

(06-08-2019 08:44 PM)alum93 Wrote:  Still torn between Kentucky or Illinois, CMU and Toledo for sure.

Bought my Illinois tickets last week and Toledo ticket today. I believe CMU tickets go on sale Aug 1.
07-16-2019 02:58 PM
Advertisement

EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Football Road Trips
(07-16-2019 02:58 PM)alum93 Wrote:  
(06-08-2019 08:44 PM)alum93 Wrote:  Still torn between Kentucky or Illinois, CMU and Toledo for sure.

Bought my Illinois tickets last week and Toledo ticket today. I believe CMU tickets go on sale Aug 1.

Where are your Illinois seats? Trying to figure out where their visiting section is.

07-16-2019 10:15 PM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

(07-16-2019 10:15 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 02:58 PM)alum93 Wrote:  

Where are your Illinois seats? Trying to figure out where their visiting section is.

Section 109 is reserved for friends and family. I bought in Section 108, they are the same price per seat and I sit on the 20yd line rather than the goal line.
07-17-2019 06:57 AM
EAGLE KING Offline
1st String

Football Road Trips
Awesome thank you! I was looking at 108 as well. It is a lot of fun to be with the family and parents though.

07-17-2019 07:05 AM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
So with Alex redshirted last year I did not make any of the road games. For those here with experience, which are the MAC stadiums that are friendly to visitors, and are there any where it's wise to keep your head low?
07-17-2019 10:29 PM
Huron Boy Offline
2nd String

(07-17-2019 10:29 PM)cidbearit Wrote:  So with Alex redshirted last year I did not make any of the road games. For those here with experience, which are the MAC stadiums that are friendly to visitors, and are there any where it's wise to keep your head low?

My experience - the worst fans are Ohio, Central, and Bowling Green. Had no issues at Toledo, Kent, Akron, Miami, Ball State, or Western. Haven't been to Buffalo or NIU.

So - be prepared for the trip to Dismal Flats on October 5th
07-17-2019 10:37 PM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

(07-17-2019 10:29 PM)cidbearit Wrote:  So with Alex redshirted last year I did not make any of the road games. For those here with experience, which are the MAC stadiums that are friendly to visitors, and are there any where it's wise to keep your head low?

I have been to all MAC stadiums except Miami, Kent, Akron, and Buffalo. Each was a good experience, and you'll be fine proudly sporting your EMU gear.

If I recall, the only place I encountered and rudeness/douchey-ness was at Toledo and CMU, but it was totally fine. Mostly just students/young guys doing a bit too much. But nothing worth being worried about.
07-18-2019 08:06 AM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

(07-18-2019 08:06 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  

I have been to all MAC stadiums except Miami, Kent, Akron, and Buffalo. Each was a good experience, and you'll be fine proudly sporting your EMU gear.

If I recall, the only place I encountered and rudeness/douchey-ness was at Toledo and CMU, but it was totally fine. Mostly just students/young guys doing a bit too much. But nothing worth being worried about.
Yeah, Buffalo, CMU, WMU were all fine other than the occasional ribbing from a fan or two. Toledo for me wasn't great my first time, of course I was on the 50 yard line. I will sit closer if not with the good guys next time.
07-18-2019 10:49 AM
EMU03' Offline
2nd String

(07-17-2019 07:05 AM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  Awesome thank you! I was looking at 108 as well. It is a lot of fun to be with the family and parents though.

Got section 107 for Illinois game, 35/per ticket.
07-20-2019 07:02 PM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
Down the road of future schedules, but it looks like Eastern will be playing at the University of Washington. We don't play teams from the PAC-12 very often so this is nice.
08-16-2019 12:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.