Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2019 ACC-B10+4 Challenge
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
MyBB 2019 ACC-B10+4 Challenge
Some internet rumors out there that ESPN will be releasing the schedule as early as this afternoon. The last few years, it has been released Memorial Day week so they are a little behind this year.

This is the first tweet I can find that provides an actual matchup (courtesy of Matt Sarzyniak retweeting)...

Teddy Greenstein
‏Verified account @TeddyGreenstein
24m24 minutes ago

For the @NUMensBball enthusiasts (@jon_greenberg) ... am told NU will play at Boston College on 12/3 in B1G-ACC Challenge. ESPN announcing later.
06-06-2019 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: 2019 ACC-B10+4 Challenge
And here it is...

[Image: D8Yt5KtW4AYrcU7.jpg:large]
06-06-2019 09:55 AM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
FSU at Indiana is exciting for us Nole fans. I think the last time we played was in the 1992 NCAAT S16. Indiana won, so a little payback is in order.
06-06-2019 11:18 AM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

FYI, Hokies will sit this year out.
06-06-2019 12:07 PM
zoocrew Offline
Banned

I Root For: PITT, NAVY, MBB
Could have done better
06-06-2019 03:13 PM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Can you say sweep?

Kidding. Sorta.

I like these matchups, and I think the ACC will do very well.

Duke will have it's hands full with Michigan State.

But honestly, I like every other match up.
06-06-2019 03:53 PM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(06-06-2019 03:53 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  Can you say sweep?

Kidding. Sorta.

Ummm... no?

For starters, Maryland > Notre Dame and Penn State > Wake Forest. Also, Northwestern > Boston College. Between Miami and Illinois I have NO idea.
Louisville should be much improved, but Michigan is pretty good, too.

For that matter, name the five best returning ACC players...? Now name the five best Big Ten returnees... Seriously, it's possible ALL of the best ACC players are freshmen and/or transfers.

I expect this year's challenge to be very unpredictable.
06-06-2019 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(06-06-2019 05:44 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Kidding. Sorta.

Ummm... no?

I certainly won't make any guarantees in June and I don't expect it to be a walk-over, but Louisville has the potential to be a solid favorite over Michigan. The Cards return 6 of their top 7 scorers, bring in a veteran grad transfer PG who averaged 16 points a game at St Joe's, and a Top 10 recruiting class with 6 guys in it. The consensus placement in the preseason polls since the draft deadline passed is #4-5 for the Cards. Michigan has been pegged as the "biggest loser" in the spring as they unexpectedly lost their top 3 guys to the draft and their HC.

We don't know how the first three weeks of the season will play out before the challenge, but you could see a Top 5-10 team hosting a team in the #20-40 range in the polls.
06-07-2019 08:27 AM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(06-07-2019 08:27 AM)CollegeCard Wrote:  

Kidding. Sorta.

Ummm... no?

I certainly won't make any guarantees in June and I don't expect it to be a walk-over, but Louisville has the potential to be a solid favorite over Michigan. The Cards return 6 of their top 7 scorers, bring in a veteran grad transfer PG who averaged 16 points a game at St Joe's, and a Top 10 recruiting class with 6 guys in it. The consensus placement in the preseason polls since the draft deadline passed is #4-5 for the Cards. Michigan has been pegged as the "biggest loser" in the spring as they unexpectedly lost their top 3 guys to the draft and their HC.

We don't know how the first three weeks of the season will play out before the challenge, but you could see a Top 5-10 team hosting a team in the #20-40 range in the polls.

I hope you are correct.
06-07-2019 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Kidding. Sorta.

Ummm... no?

I would expect a team with these attributes to be much better later in the season than the beginning of the season.
06-07-2019 12:15 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(06-07-2019 12:15 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Kidding. Sorta.

Ummm... no?

I would expect a team with these attributes to be much better later in the season than the beginning of the season.

If you’re referring to Louisville, I agree the freshman will improve over the course of the season. I expect the starting lineup, to start the year at least, to be veteran laden though. Likely 3-4 returning guys and Fresh Kimble (from St Joe’s) at PG. The comments I made about UofL’s poll placement wasn’t my guess, but where ESPN, CBS, etc are placing them. Expectations are high.
06-07-2019 01:55 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville

Kidding. Sorta.

Ummm... no?

For starters, Maryland > Notre Dame and Penn State > Wake Forest. Also, Northwestern > Boston College. Between Miami and Illinois I have NO idea.

For that matter, name the five best returning ACC players...? Now name the five best Big Ten returnees... Seriously, it's possible ALL of the best ACC players are freshmen and/or transfers.

I expect this year's challenge to be very unpredictable.

Jordan Nwora was Most Improved Player in the ACC last year, and I expect he'll be first team ACC this year.

As far as the Cards go, we'll finally be playing with a complete roster, in the second year of our new coach, and with Stephen Enoch and Nwora spurning the NBA, we return 7 of our top 8 players from a year ago. Add a top 10 freshmen class and a grad transfer PG who averaged 16 points a game a year ago, and we will challenge for one of the double byes in the ACC Tourney, if not the ACC title.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2019 08:24 PM by Pervis_Griffith.)
06-08-2019 08:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.