Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats to Clinton Welch
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Congrats to Clinton Welch
Rice alum (also coached for Rice under David Hall) Clinton Welch is going to be bringing his Ridge Point baseball team to the state Final Four next week. They just knocked off Kingwood in the regional finals to advance to state.

Welch has sent a bunch of Dulles players to Rice through the years. No Ridge Point players yet have gone to Rice in baseball but give him some time. They have seniors on the team this year headed to Miami, NW State and Air Force, and juniors committed to Texas Tech and Houston. But they have some other really strong underclass kids and should be an area power for years to come.
05-31-2019 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
RE: Congrats to Clinton Welch
(05-31-2019 09:14 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Rice alum (also coached for Rice under David Hall) Clinton Welch is going to be bringing his Ridge Point baseball team to the state Final Four next week. They just knocked off Kingwood in the regional finals to advance to state.

Where will it take place?
06-01-2019 09:25 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Good guy. Nice to see his success.
06-01-2019 12:38 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(06-01-2019 09:25 AM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(05-31-2019 09:14 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Rice alum (also coached for Rice under David Hall) Clinton Welch is going to be bringing his Ridge Point baseball team to the state Final Four next week. They just knocked off Kingwood in the regional finals to advance to state.

Where will it take place?

Next Friday and Saturday at the Dell Diamond (is that in Round Rock?). Ridge Point will play Southlake Carroll in one semifinal. The other semifinal isn't set yet - I thought Cy Ranch might be in it but they were losing in game 3 of their regional finals when I last looked. Austin Westlake might be the 4th team.

ETA - actually it's Ridge Point vs McKinney Boyd in one semi, and Southlake Carroll vs Lake Travis (not Westlake) in the other semi.

Also not Rice related, but I see Argyle is heading to the state tournament and they have a UTSA signee who has thrown 20 straight innings of no-hit ball in the playoffs. That's pretty impressive.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2019 05:33 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
06-01-2019 03:11 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Ridge Point wins 5-2! Will play for the 6A title tomorrow. They're making a very strong case for the top athletic program in the Houston area having made the 6A championship game this year in both volleyball and baseball. Hopefully baseball can get the title that eluded the volleyball program. Until they do win a title, I'd probably have to keep The Woodlands High as the #1 overall high school program in the Houston area.
06-07-2019 06:42 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Ugly finish to the season for Ridge Point - Southlake Carroll run-rules them 17-0 in the championship. Tough end but they still had a good season and have a lot of young players so they'll be good again next year.

Carroll's starter (Joe Steeber) hasn't signed with anyone yet. He wasn't bad - probably upper 80's with a solid breaking pitch. I wonder why he still hasn't signed (grades?).
06-08-2019 07:00 PM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
(06-08-2019 07:00 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Ugly finish to the season for Ridge Point - Southlake Carroll run-rules them 17-0 in the championship. ...

Carroll's starter (Joe Steeber) hasn't signed with anyone yet. He wasn't bad - probably upper 80's with a solid breaking pitch. I wonder why he still hasn't signed (grades?).

His personal statement on NCSA Sportswebsite (https://www.ncsasports.org/baseball-recr...ph-steeber) is interesting:

Quote:An interesting fact about me is that I come from a family of educators. Both of my parents started as teachers and now are Texas public school administrators. Most of my experiences with public education have been positive, but some, with my father being a coach, have been difficult. His career as a coach moved us several times. In fact, I attended five different districts throughout my school experience. Though difficult, the moving helped me learn to positively adapt to change.

Fortunately, the moving stopped in junior high school. We have been in Southlake, Texas since seventh grade. Attending Carroll ISD, I am able to play for a baseball program that is highly competitive and is providing me with opportunities for growth and development. The district also provides academic opportunities that are second to none. I want to find a program that will allow me to continue to grow and develop athletically and academically. I believe I have the talent to be a successful college student athlete and am looking for the right opportunity to prove it.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2019 12:11 AM by Almadenmike.)
06-09-2019 12:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.