WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

F Reed!!!!!
WMU2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
F Reed!!!!!
Bum!!! No loyalty, no commitment. What a disgrace. I hope we kick the crap out of MSU!!!!
05-23-2019 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: F Reed!!!!!
Settle down.
05-23-2019 05:16 PM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

No need to calm down. Motivation. If Broncos are tired of getting disrespected by even stand-out players on their own team, then do something about it. Added juice now tacked on to our preparation for this year's game in East Lansing.
05-23-2019 06:16 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

F Reed!!!!!
This just in: thing that happens to mid majors often happens to mid major.

It hurts bad but I can't fault him for it, even if it does irk me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
05-23-2019 06:38 PM
Flashboski Offline
1st String

Don’t fault the kid at all. Maybe if WMU stopped hiring (and keeping for too long) happy to be here hacks as coaches, they could actually keep talent around.

Owell, at least WMU is legit in hockey and a few other non revenue sports.
05-23-2019 07:14 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Is this why he disappeared last year? Saving himself for greener past-years.
05-23-2019 07:50 PM
Advertisement

Waysidewest2 Offline
Bench Warmer

Stings. However, it’s a smart move for him. He can be a big fish in a small pond at WMU and maybe get looked at by some NFL teams and sign a UFA where a team is so casually invested that he will have to kill himself just to get a look....OR play in the Big Ten in front of 70,000 plus screaming fans (televised).
he will also get more exposure which would get him drafted.
A lot of our recent draft picks, like it or not, succeeded because we got exposure in 2016 (notice how nobody from the 2018 version of the Broncos got drafted....too far removed from the national spotlight)

It is a reality we are going to have to live with. It was like 2016 was an example of what it would be like to be a nationally recognized school for one season.

If we can’t recreate 2016 or something real close every year, we will lose these types of players every time. Nobody wants to get their head beat in on a freezing Tuesday in front of 4000. It’s not worth it.
The students, the administration, and really the town of Kalamazoo are all to blame. This all starts with them long before Fleck or anybody else showed up. Complacency and a lack of understanding as to how to utilize your athletics dept. have left us in the crosshairs of what could literally be a nail in the coffin.
05-23-2019 08:05 PM
Waysidewest2 Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-23-2019 06:38 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  This just in: thing that happens to mid majors often happens to mid major.

Yes, these things happen, but they will happen with much greater frequency now and may become the expectation.
Can’t wait til announcers on broadcasts start pontificating about where our next young stud will transfer too in the following season...while on air broadcasting our game!!!!
05-23-2019 08:07 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

(05-23-2019 08:07 PM)Waysidewest2 Wrote:  
(05-23-2019 06:38 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  This just in: thing that happens to mid majors often happens to mid major.

Yes, these things happen, but they will happen with much greater frequency now and may become the expectation.
Can’t wait til announcers on broadcasts start pontificating about where our next young stud will transfer too in the following season...while on air broadcasting our game!!!!

This isn't going to happen any more often. Nothing major has changed in transfer rules.
05-23-2019 08:24 PM
Waysidewest2 Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-23-2019 08:24 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  

This isn't going to happen any more often. Nothing major has changed in transfer rules.

Okay fine. We don’t know enough to argue at this point. Let’s see how next year and the year after play out. Doesn’t remove the fact that two of our best just left and at key positions.
05-23-2019 08:26 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(05-23-2019 08:26 PM)Waysidewest2 Wrote:  
(05-23-2019 08:24 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  

Okay fine. We don’t know enough to argue at this point. Let’s see how next year and the year after play out. Doesn’t remove the fact that two of our best just left and at key positions.
I'm confused LOL. I thought there were major changes? How do we not know enough to argue?
05-23-2019 08:33 PM
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

The only major change was the addition of the transfer portal that i can think of. The grad transfer changes didn't go into effect.
05-23-2019 08:35 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(05-23-2019 08:35 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  The only major change was the addition of the transfer portal that i can think of. The grad transfer changes didn't go into effect.

Can't players just stack on one team now? Any possibility we add more transfers aside from the recent 3 confirmed? (People are forgetting we're getting players transferring in)
05-23-2019 08:40 PM
Waysidewest2 Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-23-2019 08:40 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  
(05-23-2019 08:35 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  The only major change was the addition of the transfer portal that i can think of. The grad transfer changes didn't go into effect.

Can't players just stack on one team now? Any possibility we add more transfers aside from the recent 3 confirmed? (People are forgetting we're getting players transferring in)

My understanding on the three we are getting is that they are not players anyone is going to miss off the previous roster. Maybe the will blossom in Kalamazoo?
05-23-2019 09:43 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

It's looking more and more like the Thorne snubbing of WMU during the recruiting cycle and switching to MSU may have put a bug in Reed's ear. Thorne was Reed's QB in HS. Reed was actively working on getting Thorne to WMU... I am sure that Thorne may have done some behind the scenes convincing on his own behalf.

Reed proved last year that he's got skills... but he also proved out that once teams started keying on him he was slowed WAY down... It will be interesting to see how he pans out at MSU.
05-24-2019 10:12 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
How many of these kids that transfer from MAC schools actually amount to anything? I can't think of a single NIU player that transferred away and got drafted.
05-24-2019 11:11 AM
Advertisement

tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

(05-24-2019 10:12 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  It's looking more and more like the Thorne snubbing of WMU during the recruiting cycle and switching to MSU may have put a bug in Reed's ear. Thorne was Reed's QB in HS. Reed was actively working on getting Thorne to WMU... I am sure that Thorne may have done some behind the scenes convincing on his own behalf.

This. Glad they waited a couple weeks to announce it after his transfer to not make it look so obvious. I'm sure this has been in the works for months.
05-24-2019 11:16 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-24-2019 11:11 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  How many of these kids that transfer from MAC schools actually amount to anything? I can't think of a single NIU player that transferred away and got drafted.

The only one from WMU that comes to mind is Chris Maragos. Transferred to Wisconsin. He wasn't drafted, but was signed as a free agent and got on active NFL rosters.
05-24-2019 11:54 AM
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
(05-24-2019 11:54 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(05-24-2019 11:11 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  How many of these kids that transfer from MAC schools actually amount to anything? I can't think of a single NIU player that transferred away and got drafted.

The only one from WMU that comes to mind is Chris Maragos. Transferred to Wisconsin. He wasn't drafted, but was signed as a free agent and got on active NFL rosters.

JJ Watt
05-24-2019 12:48 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

There's of course JJ Watt who left CMU to walk on at Wisconsin and the rest is history..
05-24-2019 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.