01-ncaabbs
05-23-2019 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Alabama follows Florida's, Miami's lead; Schedules 2-for-1 with USF
I think Louisville started that trend as a 2 for 1 deal was announced in January of 2018.

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2018/1/18/us...eries.aspx

Part of me thinks USF does this to tick off the UCF AD. Which is hilarious. 03-lmfao
05-23-2019 11:30 AM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
More likely, USF is doing this to position themselves so that when they do have a great season they'll have the strongest resume and SOS that they possibly can. In 2024, for example, their non-con schedule will be Western Kentucky, at Alabama, NC State, and Louisville.
05-23-2019 11:42 AM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
What a huge get by USF, especially considering that the first game is in Tampa. Congrats to the Bulls!
05-23-2019 11:43 AM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

I Root For: Canine & Avian
Florida has also scheduled future games with Colorado. So has Missouri.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/05/09/cu...-missouri/
05-23-2019 12:35 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

And the *first* game is in Tampa!

What a great job by our AD, Mike Kelly!

GO BULLS! 04-rock
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019 02:02 PM by quo vadis.)
05-23-2019 02:01 PM
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
(05-23-2019 02:01 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

GO BULLS! 04-rock

I think this is a good deal for everybody.

There are benefits to playing in Tampa and we get two home games out of it.

Also, the early season billing will probably get a strong broadcast window because there aren't a ton of big match-ups that time of year. Good exposure for USF.
05-23-2019 02:13 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-23-2019 02:13 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(05-23-2019 02:01 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

GO BULLS! 04-rock

I think this is a good deal for everybody.

There are benefits to playing in Tampa and we get two home games out of it.

Also, the early season billing will probably get a strong broadcast window because there aren't a ton of big match-ups that time of year. Good exposure for USF.

Yes, I am looking forward to the two games in Tuscaloosa. That's a stadium every college football fan should visit. And all the games will put a lot of eyeballs on USF.

And yes, Alabama recruits Florida heavily, but because UF is in the other division, you rarely get to fly your flag down here during the regular season.

It is a good deal for both sides, that's why the deal was made. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019 02:20 PM by quo vadis.)
05-23-2019 02:18 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Props to Alabama. Will be interested however to see the split between Bulls and Tide fans in the seats.
05-23-2019 05:55 PM
westwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CFB
Great job by USF and a credit to the G5. Of course, UCF is (alone?) in a P6 and can't do a 2-1.
05-23-2019 06:30 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida

GO BULLS! 04-rock

You can thank UCF. If they didn't piss off Bama, they would have never done this. This was simply an FU to UCF
05-23-2019 07:01 PM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-23-2019 07:01 PM)otown Wrote:  

GO BULLS! 04-rock

You can thank UCF. If they didn't piss off Bama, they would have never done this. This was simply an FU to UCF

If it was an FU to UCF, I'd hazard to say it was on the part of us not Alabama. It's a finger in the eye to the criticism of our scheduling.
05-23-2019 07:37 PM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

I Root For: Utah, UVU, UNC bb
(05-23-2019 06:30 PM)westwolf Wrote:  Great job by USF and a credit to the G5. Of course, UCF is (alone?) in a P6 and can't do a 2-1.

USF doing a 2-1 with Miami was egregious and shouldn't have been acceptable by a AAC school considering the other teams Miami has done 1-1's with.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2019 03:23 AM by AuzGrams.)
05-24-2019 03:23 AM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(05-23-2019 07:01 PM)otown Wrote:  

GO BULLS! 04-rock

Can't argue with this. I think this is a great move by USF, but it is all about the fact that UCF wants to play at Spectrum Stadium, where UA, UF, and others want to plant half the stadium with their fans. I do think that UCF should think about a neutral site games 1 and 1, if there are any takers..
05-24-2019 03:39 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I am happy for USF fans but still respect UCF’s position. The two programs are in different places now.

USF is trying to keep its fans excited about the football program after it was invited to an automatic bid conference only to see the championship system change and leave them back where they started.

UCF has never had the opportunity to play at the top level and recently proven on the field that they can compete with the best in college football. You have to admire UCF leadership sticking to its principles concerning scheduling. As a Louisville fan I remember when Jurich did the same thing. Jurich closed the 2-1 door to marginal P5 programs. I can’t tell you he wouldn’t have accepted a 2-1 from Alabama though or at least a 1-1-1. My belief is UCF would have too. We may never know if Alabama approached UCF with the same deal but I can’t see The Tide being too excited about playing The Knights three times anywhere.
05-24-2019 05:13 AM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

I Root For: Utah, UVU, UNC bb
(05-24-2019 05:13 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I am happy for USF fans but still respect UCF’s position. The two programs are in different places now.

USF is trying to keep its fans excited about the football program after it was invited to an automatic bid conference only to see the championship system change and leave them back where they started.

UCF has never had the opportunity to play at the top level and recently proven on the field that they can compete with the best in college football. You have to admire UCF leadership sticking to its principles concerning scheduling. As a Louisville fan I remember when Jurich did the same thing. Jurich closed the 2-1 door to marginal P5 programs. I can’t tell you he wouldn’t have accepted a 2-1 from Alabama though or at least a 1-1-1. My belief is UCF would have too. We may never know if Alabama approached UCF with the same deal but I can’t see The Tide being too excited about playing The Knights three times anywhere.

All that you said in your post is well said. But I'm not sure how anybody can defend USF scheduling a 2-1 with Miami.
05-24-2019 06:02 AM
Advertisement

sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(05-24-2019 05:13 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I am happy for USF fans but still respect UCF’s position. The two programs are in different places now.

UA does not play UCF, anytime.
05-24-2019 06:18 AM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

(05-24-2019 06:02 AM)AuzGrams Wrote:  

All that you said in your post is well said. But I'm not sure how anybody can defend USF scheduling a 2-1 with Miami.

You can place half of the home teams opposition fans in their stadium and keep your base happy. I am happy with USF, but be realistic, UA would not have approached this kind of contract with UCF.
05-24-2019 06:27 AM
whittx Offline
All American

I Root For: FSU, Bport,Corn
(05-24-2019 06:18 AM)sierrajip Wrote:  

UA does not play UCF, anytime.

After losing to UCF in Tuscaloosa, I understand why.
05-24-2019 07:50 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(05-24-2019 03:23 AM)AuzGrams Wrote:  
(05-23-2019 06:30 PM)westwolf Wrote:  Great job by USF and a credit to the G5. Of course, UCF is (alone?) in a P6 and can't do a 2-1.

USF doing a 2-1 with Miami was egregious and shouldn't have been acceptable by a AAC school considering the other teams Miami has done 1-1's with.

I am extremely happy we have a 2-1 for one with Miami. Heck, I'd be happy to do a 6 for 3 with them. Or play them permanently on a 2 there, 1 here basis at least until we get a P5 invite.

Miami is a premium name, plus the games at Miami are a car-drive for our fans, and allows us to wave our flag in that rich Miami recruiting area.

It's a no-brainer to do it, and I hope we do it again. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2019 10:50 AM by quo vadis.)
05-24-2019 10:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.