Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Big Ten is morally on fire
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
The Big Ten is morally on fire
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story...ctor-abuse

Quote:At least 177 men were sexually abused by an Ohio State team doctor who died years ago, the university said Friday as it released findings from a law firm that investigated the accusations and concluded that school leaders knew at the time.

The claims about Richard Strauss span from 1979-1997 -- nearly his entire time at Ohio State -- and involve athletes from at least 16 sports, plus his work at the student health center and his off-campus clinic.

Of the 177 men, 145 were identified as athletes from a list of sports that includes wrestling, gymnastics, swimming and diving, soccer, lacrosse, hockey, track and field, baseball, cross country, fencing, volleyball, tennis, football, cheerleading and golf.

According to the report, more than half of the abuse reports came from athletes assigned to the practice facility where Strauss worked as a team physician.

Many of the men who have spoken publicly said they were groped and inappropriately touched during physical exams and ogled in locker rooms. The athletes also discussed Strauss' behavior with one another, referring to him with nicknames like "Dr. Jelly Paws."

One student, a 14-year-old high school wrestler at the time of Strauss' abuse, told investigators Strauss molested him and other minors during the course of the doctor's work with high schools and an Ohio State wrestling camp. No other such accounts were included in unredacted portions of the report.

This is ridiculous. Maryland, Penn State, Michigan State, and now Ohio State all caught with either organized pedophilia or culpability in the death of student athletes. Maybe the Big Ten "ticket tax" revenue gaming system is reflective of the deeper culture in the Big Ten: corrupt and filthy to the core.
05-17-2019 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
RE: The Big Ten is morally on fire
Thats some unbelievable stuff man. WOW!
05-17-2019 06:22 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I’m not surprised. They crucified UofL for young men looking at T&A. Big Ten schools line up to rape and molest women, men and boys and nothing happens. Maybe we should have had someone from Penn State or Ohio State hold a class on how to properly molest children and rape women so that it falls within the guidelines of the NCAA.

Take note that the NCAA is located in the heart of The Big Ten. Enough said
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019 07:47 PM by CardinalJim.)
05-17-2019 07:47 PM
Topcat Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC
You need only go check the thread a couple down from this one for the reason.

...$54 mil a year can make a lot of people look the other way.
05-19-2019 07:21 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(05-19-2019 07:21 AM)Topcat Wrote:  You need only go check the thread a couple down from this one for the reason.

...$54 mil a year can make a lot of people look the other way.

So true.
05-19-2019 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Didn't you guys have a school that bought hookers and cocaine for teenagers and another with fake classes?
05-20-2019 08:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(05-20-2019 08:09 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  Didn't you guys have a school that bought hookers and cocaine for teenagers and another with fake classes?

While those two examples are certainly very ugly there were no reports of anyone being forced into such behavior. In other words there were no victims, as everyone who participated were volunteers.

While its all very immoral, I think sexually forcing yourself onto many, many inferior subjects or causing a persons death is far worse than anything that has occurred in the ACC. Then those who are in positions to do something about such abuse, look the other way and allowing these horrible folks to continue abusing innocent young ones. These sort of things seem to be running rampant in the BIG. Its rather sad that you would try to equate the situations.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2019 09:01 PM by cuseroc.)
05-20-2019 08:50 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Raping children is far worse than hiring prostitutes. Even prison inmates understand that.
05-20-2019 09:05 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(05-20-2019 09:05 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Raping children is far worse than hiring prostitutes. Even prison inmates understand that.

Apparently ECU fans trolling The ACC board don’t though
05-21-2019 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.